Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zack Dohm

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    And what is your return on that investment?
    Over the year , I gained hundreds over customers . Hundreds of sales . And the sales are
    for automotive parts, some only hundreds of dollars , some thousands of dollars . But more
    important , the customers that have gained , will buy for years to come . What you are missing , because you don't experience this kind of thing , is the longevity of exposure . I advertise .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Over the year , I gained hundreds over customers . Hundreds of sales . And the sales are
    for automotive parts, some only hundreds of dollars , some thousands of dollars . But more
    important , the customers that have gained , will buy for years to come . What you are missing , because you don't experience this kind of thing , is the longevity of exposure . I advertise .
    Quite honestly , We are well known . Racers all over the Midwest have bought from us .
    They have made it so we can race . The ones who know who we are . Thank you again .

Interesting to here stats about that. Ive always wondered like say a bar, or a construction company on a car, how many people without suggestion would patronize a sponsor seen on a racecar at the races...im sure its minimal but with tax write offs I bet the sponsors dont lose much money if any depeding on the amount given..say like 500 to 1000 dollar sponsors im sure it helps business I would think they come out ahead...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 10-24-2018 at 04:15 PM.

I always purchase products from companies that sponsor racing every single chance I get. I even love having that product stored in my house because the same logo is on a car. When I look at it, it reminds me of racing

To keep the thread on track I think Zack Dohm is an excellent driver and will get his chance in due time.

All we need is just a little patience
    -Axle Rose

Some of those companies probably sponsor other stuff, so what's the difference if you buy it or not just because they sponsor something race related.

Default Zach dome

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    To keep the thread on track I think Zack Dohm is an excellent driver and will get his chance in due time.

All we need is just a little patience
    -Axle Rose
    Dont forget the boys n the trenches that build & Mod the Swartz cars ......
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Drop Shock,The competition also had Mastersbilts and blue fronts. I don't get your argument.

I think what he is saying is that Zack Dohm is doing alright with what he has, old and flexed out or not.

I do agree, with the exception of Richards and that 1st Gen XR1, 5000 laps, most of these modern chassis are a bit soft. I was told the CBR builds a new car, slaps it on a 6 post shaker, flexes it in, and then they have 6 races before they consider it done. Now thats a rumor i heard, but nevertheless.

Just say no...

Don't know zack personally but strikes me as a hell of a dude, well grounded, an brought up right! Listening to his interviews though I believe a major hurdle would be him getting time off of work on a consistent basis, he has mentioned several times before that his kids an job come first an that him an his dad have to cover each others shift alot of times for either one of them to get to the track. Talent, youth, and brains are there in my opinion an would be tickled to death to see him get a opportunity that would work for him, even if it's just something that allowed him to get out to more shows an tracks away from his area.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    Drop Shock,The competition also had Mastersbilts and blue fronts. I don't get your argument.
    My point is Zack’s never had a new car in his career until he got in this one a few years ago, all the stuff he’s ever driven was hand me down stuff from his dad, he told me that himself. His car is obviously good but for those who haven’t paid close attention zack has also won races this year in his dad’s 6T Swartz and the crate 25 Swartz car. Your argument that he isn’t fast enough in the mud/fast conditions is just dumb, all big money shoes around the country are won in the slick. That’s why when Zack does pick up wins they are big time races (5k and 10k at oakshade, 10k at 201, 5k at Richmond all races he won this year). Just admit you’re a hater and move on

You can 100% say without a doubt what you said is because of your name on the side of a dirt late model? If so you should be a marketing expert or something and guide others on how to attract and retain customers. I say that with sincerity.

I mean lets face it, there are no Monster Energies, Mello Yellows, Budweisers, Verizons, or Credit Ones in dirt late model racing. Sure you have Lucas Oil but its only because Forrest is into racing himself. Same with CPS and countless other names you see on the sides of racecars. What does Petroff Towing have to offer the fan? Nothing unless my 18 wheeler breaks down around St Louis. Just look at the ads here on this page. Right now there is nothing for the average fan unless you need a QA1 Driveshaft or a splined tube wrench from Keiser LOL. Go to Dirtondirt and watch a video. I am forced to watch a 15 second clip for Rocket or some product I will NEVER buy in my lifetime..

This is a 'sport' that supports itself.

A company writing a check to a late model team is a donation period. Unless the company manufactures race car parts and is giving them to a guy who wins big. The effective tax rate would have to be in excess of 100% for someone to “ need a write off “. Any money a business gives to a latemodel could also be spent on equipment and or actual advertising

Go to Dirtondirt and watch a video. I am forced to watch a 15 second clip for Rocket or some product I will NEVER buy in my lifetime..

I emailed DoD about doing an ad before the videos and never got a response. My business isn’t racing related but it is automotive related. Oh well.

It's like the girl walking down the street with a mattress on her back.......pays to advertise.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You can 100% say without a doubt what you said is because of your name on the side of a dirt late model? If so you should be a marketing expert or something and guide others on how to attract and retain customers. I say that with sincerity.

I mean lets face it, there are no Monster Energies, Mello Yellows, Budweisers, Verizons, or Credit Ones in dirt late model racing. Sure you have Lucas Oil but its only because Forrest is into racing himself. Same with CPS and countless other names you see on the sides of racecars. What does Petroff Towing have to offer the fan? Nothing unless my 18 wheeler breaks down around St Louis. Just look at the ads here on this page. Right now there is nothing for the average fan unless you need a QA1 Driveshaft or a splined tube wrench from Keiser LOL. Go to Dirtondirt and watch a video. I am forced to watch a 15 second clip for Rocket or some product I will NEVER buy in my lifetime.

Expert , I am not . But experienced I am . for twenty five years the racers have been buying
    from me . while I count my income from them , and I do appreciate them , Can tell you
    without a doubt , I have sold thousands of dollars of parts to them . And expect to sell
    a lot more in years to come . So if anyone that has a business that advertises in any form
    that you might , good luck . I just know what has , besides other advertising done for us .
    It pays one hundred percent , along with others who help our racing program .

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Another top 5 performanceThat's nice.Pierce dosn't race for top 5's. He's there to win as the multiple crown jewel wins prove that point. Not knocking Zack. With the right opportunities, his big wins could be right around the corner.

As far as tearing up equipment, if it was that bad as some of the 4m fruitcakes say, Dunn Benson wouldn't have tried to sign him again for 2019.
    Yeah some went too far as usual. I’ll try to be as sensible as I can, though I’m sure some will take offense too it.

Zach and them are a smaller operation that don’t have the exact top of line good stuff, good stuff, but not all the latest and greatest. They gotta at the end of the day try and get a good finish above all else. To keep having money to keep it going. They cannot afford the motor issues DB had. They’d be done.

The DB team is well funded, with all the latest stuff. At times, maintenance sure seemed to be off, or something. That many motors etc, Dohm couldn’t afford that, and they’d be done. And they can afford to go for the win above all else, where as Dohm can’t. Even with the family team, Bob seems to be good with going for the win above all else. Could be wrong, but doesn’t look like it. And no I’m not saying I’d take Zach over Bobby, but I really like Zach too. Though he is older too.

And heck yes they tried to get Bobby back. I wish he would have stayed. They really started to run better, and I really wanted him to succeed there, but obviously there was some issues to where it wasn’t going to work. Is what it is, I was hoping he went the Josh Richards route.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

On topic of thread please

Expert , I am not . But experienced I am . for twenty five years the racers have been buying
    from me . while I count my income from them , and I do appreciate them , Can tell you
    without a doubt , I have sold thousands of dollars of parts to them . And expect to sell
    a lot more in years to come . So if anyone that has a business that advertises in any form
    that you might , good luck . I just know what has , besides other advertising done for us .
    It pays one hundred percent , along with others who help our racing program .
    Thats racers selling to racers...irrelevant and does not help the sport grow. On to the topic at hand. Zack Dohm is a wheelman!

I mean lets face it, there are no Monster Energies, Mello Yellows, Budweisers, Verizons, or Credit Ones in dirt late model racing. Sure you have Lucas Oil but its only because Forrest is into racing himself. Same with CPS and countless other names you see on the sides of racecars. What does Petroff Towing have to offer the fan? Nothing unless my 18 wheeler breaks down around St Louis. Just look at the ads here on this page. Right now there is nothing for the average fan unless you need a QA1 Driveshaft or a splined tube wrench from Keiser LOL. Go to Dirtondirt and watch a video. I am forced to watch a 15 second clip for Rocket or some product I will NEVER buy in my lifetime..

That's nailing it right there.