Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zack Dohm

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    The Seymour car actually proves my point. I saw him race that car a lot. He was pretty decent. I think the guy is a decent racer. I don't think he is a Lucas regular.I have seen him race that crate car when it was a super too. He was a top 5 car in a 3k to win race kinda guy.My point about laps 0-75 is if you are too far back, then, you can't win the race being a catfish. It takes a Bobby performance to do that.
    He was a kid. He has matured a lot since those days. Earl Pearson proves your catfish theory wrong.

Listen the dude is good , I would say he’s a top 30 wheelman in the country. The cool thing is this is America and if you think a cash infusion will help him then put up the money !! This drives me nuts when people debate on here who “ deserves “another mans money. When I guy sponsors a latemodel in realty it’s a donation and when deciding who to “ donate “ to a lot of Times it comes down to personal relationships and who the guy “ likes “ ... it’s not up to any of us to decide unless we are the guy writing the check ...

The Seymour car actually proves my point. I saw him race that car a lot. He was pretty decent. I think the guy is a decent racer. I don't think he is a Lucas regular.I have seen him race that crate car when it was a super too. He was a top 5 car in a 3k to win race kinda guy.My point about laps 0-75 is if you are too far back, then, you can't win the race being a catfish. It takes a Bobby performance to do that.
    Lol really?? He’d be parked because they cannot afford Bobby performances.

Seymour had pretty good stuff, but did not stick around very long. Zach has matured a lot since then. He is good, and given the chance, opportunity, he has put up the results that say he could do well in a top ride.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Even if it's true that BPM is scaling back would that be a good ride for him atleast short term?

Seems as though to really get noticed is to run something like SN, Southern Nationals and SNBS stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Even if it's true that BPM is scaling back would that be a good ride for him atleast short term?
    Wasn't gonna say it but this is actually the ride that I had in mind. Nice job!

bobbys performance made him more money than old man bloomer in lucas oil racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    A "Bobby performance?" If you mean tearing up equipment I can understand it. Bobby tears up more in a month than Dohm has torn up in two years lol. I saw a Bobby performance Sunday afternoon first hand... wasn't much of a show to be honest. Meanwhile the guy this post is about calmly worked his way to another top 5 in a crowned jewel event. You've clearly missed the point of this post.
    Another top 5 performanceThat's nice.Pierce dosn't race for top 5's. He's there to win as the multiple crown jewel wins prove that point. Not knocking Zack. With the right opportunities, his big wins could be right around the corner.

As far as tearing up equipment, if it was that bad as some of the 4m fruitcakes say, Dunn Benson wouldn't have tried to sign him again for 2019.
    8/13/16

Seems like Him (Zack Dohm) and his Dad (Tim Dohm) are doing just fine on their own.

Why does everyone want Racing charity? Welfare for less fortunate Racers. What has the world come too, if you want it bad enough build up a Team and go win. Stop waiting for a hand out!
    Last edited by Kromulous; 10-24-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Just say no...

That’s what I’m trying to say !!!!! This is a hobby where people take substantial losses every year by definition that is a hobby.

Default Nowhere in websters dictionary

Does it give "hobby" that definition hucky..........nowhere.

Presenting facts that aren't facts are beginning to own you bud......from an IRS accounting standpoint, maybe that definition would be close.....guessing you've tested that theory and lost.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Seems like Him (Zack Dohm) and his Dad (Tim Dohm) are doing just fine on their own.

Why does everyone want Racing charity? Welfare for less fortunate Racers. What has the world come too, if you want it bad enough build up a Team and go win. Stop waiting for a hand out!
    Its not a hand out they are looking for . Its a sponsorship , you know what we do in this
    country , its called ADVERTISING . Its hard to beat the less fortunate at the food stamp line .
    go stand back in the bleachers .

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    When are one of the big teams gonna give this young man a chance? All he does is show up in the top 5 of every big money event he runs. He has proven many times he can run with the best in the sport. Would be nice to see him get a chance to jump in the seat of of big name team.
    What big team are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by just dust View Post
    Its not a hand out they are looking for . Its a sponsorship , you know what we do in this
    country , its called ADVERTISING . Its hard to beat the less fortunate at the food stamp line .
    go stand back in the bleachers .
    Advertising what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    What big team are you referring to?
    Check post #26

Advertising what exactly?
    Well I have my company name on a couple of cars . I have also seen a couple of
    strip clubs on some . those are my favorite .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Well I have my company name on a couple of cars . I have also seen a couple of
    strip clubs on some . those are my favorite .
    And what is your return on that investment?

And what is your return on that investment?
    That's the tricky part to figure out......like anyone that sponsors or advertises, you can never truly be exact on what the roi is.

My biggest returns are seeing the smiles in victory lane and the appreciation of the teams and races that we help.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

So because someone doesn’t run like a world beater in old mastersbilts and blue front rockets that means they’re not that good?? It’s called progression. Zack has said he’s been in the same Swartz car for the last two seasons, but he’s gotten faster and faster with it over time. Name another guy that’s done that, most of these guys buy a new piece and are fast right out of the box, then they start running like poop and say that the chassis is flexed out. Zack may not be on the level of Bobby, or B Shep, or Josh but who is? Those guys are gonna be some of the all time greats. Some of you guys literally don’t have a clue

Maybe Babb. Has a new car with only a handful of races on it but the one that's a year or so old seems to work better.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderma4 View Post
    bobbys performance made him more money than old man bloomer in lucas oil racing.