Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default DTWC @ Pennsboro

I was wondering. IF Pennsboro were to open back up, and the DTWC moved back there, wonder what kind of attendance it would get? Pennsboro is a magical place, and I for one would love to see it reopen, hopefully someday it will. No bashing please

I'd say it's lost its magic. To much has changed

Grand father of the freight train.

It would be packed. No doubt about it. From West Virginians alone.

It would be PACKED !!! probably just from 4m members alone

I'd go just because I never got to see a race at the place.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    Grand father of the freight train.
    Most day races ran on a track prepped with calcium chloride and very little water are.

I think it would be cool for a one shot deal on the 40th anniversary.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    It would be packed. No doubt about it. From West Virginians alone.
    That's a FACT ! The local Hillbillys brought shovels and would dig out pockets in the hillside to sit in. They'd be a passin around a gallon milk jug full of booze between them. They got more excited every time there was a wreck {and there was always plenty of wrecks there}. They would stand up and hoot and holler ! 1 year some of the locals went out at night and shot a deer and they roasted on a spit for everybody.

Went when I was in diapers. I was at the last DTWC there in my teens. Something you have to experience to understand

I’ve never heard a story about great racing. Just the partys. And I like to party👍🏻

When I was 12 we found a guy in the woods lying on his back. Thought he was dead when we found him. Put a leaf over his mouth and it moved so we woke him up and took him back to our camp. Fed him chilli and gave him sprite till he could walk again. Come to find out he polished a fifth of whiskey before noon that day. I'll never forget the place

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    That's a FACT ! The local Hillbillys brought shovels and would dig out pockets in the hillside to sit in. They'd be a passin around a gallon milk jug full of booze between them. They got more excited every time there was a wreck {and there was always plenty of wrecks there}. They would stand up and hoot and holler ! 1 year some of the locals went out at night and shot a deer and they roasted on a spit for everybody.
    That's a cool story ........would have loved to have been a part of that .
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’ll never forget the bathroom there lol. The toilets were mounded witH shi$ a good 10” above the bowl as were the sinks and the floor lol

I was 10 and 11 when I went. I seen a guy walking around with a fake dong that was 5ft long, that was plowing up the gravel behind him. Later on, he whipping it around like it was a lasso, and running through a fire with it. I've been to a lot of races in my day, but yet to see anything that compare to that joints party life.

We always went with Danny Dean. Anyone remember Bubba the Gorilla? He still uses Bubba out front of his auto repair shop

We went out to the DTWC a few times back when it was still held at Pennsboro. The rest rooms stunk so bad and everything was running over with raw sewage that it would gag a maggot off of a gut wagon.

Prior to race weekend the promoters would spread fish guts and pig chit on the hillside across the street from the backstretch to keep people from setting over there and watching the races for free. Didn't make a bit of difference, those that wanted to set over there just brought Visqueen with them, laid it down, shoved their noses full of cotton and set right down in it and watched from there anyway. Dammedest thing I ever did see.

Does anyone remember Crazy Bob? He always had a Jack Boggs jacket on and always passed around a quart jar of moon. Ol' Bob would be wobblin' a little when he got up to leave but he always made it down the hill. LOL!
    Last edited by CIRF; 10-25-2018 at 12:45 PM.

I watched from that hillside to avoid traffic leaving ... it wasn’t easy to get Up there

Love the memories, literally grew up a mile and a half from there. Drive past it twice a day.

There will only ever be one Pennsboro. Dunno if that’s a complement or not lol. Where else do you have two bridges, and the way across is under one on narrow (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty slick concrete. Where they let everybody’s mother and brother run the track in. Set (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ters on fire, over 100 cars, and mediocre racing. But it was a good time. Though last time I was there was probably 95 ish.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.