Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Can Replace

Default Who Can Replace

OK so i have been doing some thinking and lets try and have a decent discussion about who replaces the big names of today. Ok so when does the torch get passed on and who will the torch get passed on to? Lets say Davenport, Bloomquist, Oneal, Owens, Laningan, Madden, Babb, Richards, B Shep, and all of the big names that have been around for the last 10-15 years hang it up after this season and are done with racing for good who gets the torch to carry the sport on for the next 10-15 years.

I personally think that Devin Moran was passed the torch by his father and Hudson is being passed to torch by Don. Now who does the rest of the guys pass it on to carry the sport and i know that these guys won't be done at the end of the season but lets just see who the young guns are that will carry the sport on and be around and be huge names in the years to come

Davenport, Richards, and Sheppard will probably race for another 15-20 years...

Richards is 30, sheppy is 25... don’t see them going anywhere for a while. But, peirce,overton, oneal, moran,terbo, fergy, Weiss, zeigler, English, carpenter, Norris are all super talented behind the wheel. Heck I’m sure I’m even missing a few

Well i wasn't thinking about them being so you but lets say that Richards get a nascar ride for Hendricks does he go or does he turn that down and continue to run dirt same questing with B Shepp and Davenport.

Would yall agree that Donnie Moran passed the torch to his son Devin to carry on the family name. What about Don passing it to Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Well i wasn't thinking about them being so you but lets say that Richards get a nascar ride for Hendricks does he go or does he turn that down and continue to run dirt same questing with B Shepp and Davenport.

Would yall agree that Donnie Moran passed the torch to his son Devin to carry on the family name. What about Don passing it to Hudson
    Richards isnt getting a ride with Hendricks or any other NASCAR team....

OH ok so you are going to have Davenport Richards and B Shepp for the next 15-20 years

Agree with most but add in Hoffman...

Richards had a stint in NASCAR and it didn't go well. Doubtful he would try it again.

Why do Tyler Bare and Tanner English always get left out of the convo? Logan Roberson? These are young kids that could wheel a super and run well given the right equipment

Quote Originally Posted by PRCKartRacer9 View Post
    Why do Tyler Bare and Tanner English always get left out of the convo? Logan Roberson? These are young kids that could wheel a super and run well given the right equipment
    Re read post 3... Logan hasn’t even been in a super yet to know exactly what he can do. Tyler bare has been very good all year this year. Exited to see what he does at charlotte

Zack Dohm, Jared Hawkins, Mason Zeigler, Gregg Satterlee are all relatively young and have many years left.

Booper Bare?

He is Boopers boy I believe. Best haircut in DLM

There are plenty of great drivers available to take things over. The real question is, who is going to own the race teams when some of these current owners hang it up? With prices going up all the time, I think that is the better question.

Biplane wins the thread! There are a TON of young drivers at the local & regional level that can step up and wheel with the big dogs. The real question is who is going to continue to pay for it? Many of the rich Daddies & Papaws are currently on the asphalt side paying weekly rent-a-rides so little Billy can race Craftsman Trucks or Nationwide cars. Where are the Carlton Lamms, Lance Landers, Ed Petroffs, Ronnie Delks & Mike Reece's going to come from. These men loved dirt racing and paid the bills. Who does that 15 years from now???

Just bought a mega millions lottery ticket. Our problems will be over soon...

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post

The NA$CAR ship has already sailed for Richards. A guy like Pierce or Hudson might get a shot, albeit a long one. The have the talent, and they’re pretty enough for sponsors. That said, NA$CAR is fading into irrelevance. Brian the boy wonder has gutted it after his old man and grandpa built it.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

As far as young talent, I feel like the sport is in great shape. Just hope that the cost doesn’t get so out of control that no one wants to fool with fielding cars anymore. I’d like to see purses get more even throughout the field to help all these guys out some.

Davenport, Richards, and Shepard could easily win races the next 30 years, just going by their age. This is the one thing that saves racing. If you are good u can do it for a long time. You need the good one's to stay as long as possible. No need to pass anything but a car on the track...........Bobby Pierce could realistically race for the next 40 years if you think about his age. This is a great thing for racing just saying.