Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news

Default Breaking news

Leave the dirt late model bodies alone. They are the coolest looking thing on track, in the garage, or anywhere. Some of you people want to change this, and that. Be very careful of what you wish for.

That's a dumb comment. Why do you feel that the way the cars looks is more important than the quality of racing and the sustainability of dirt late model racing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud99 View Post
    Leave the dirt late model bodies alone. They are the coolest looking thing on track, in the garage, or anywhere. Some of you people want to change this, and that. Be very careful of what you wish for.
    They were cool 15 years ago.

Sorry Gear Head, I didn't mean to piss on your parade. Do you not agree that they are the best looking thing on the track? I'm just saying don't make extreme changes to the looks of the cars.

They look like they have been wrapped around a telephone pole

Bodies, engines, suspension, etc, need changed. Yes I am wishing for that.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Picture a wooden door stop. That was the "wedge" cars of the 80's.

IMHO...they got it right with the direction the cars went in the 90's, early 2000's.

Today...we're inching closer and closer to a wider version of the wedge car.

Wide-flared nose piece, 100% needs to be changed.

Make a point for better racing, more ease of getting into late model racing and for teams sustaining for the long haul and I’m interested. Until then, based on your opinion of pleasing cosmetics, I will pass.
    I hate time trials.

Besides the flares on the noses, I love the current late model and judging by the standing room only crowds at Lucas and WoO shows,I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    Besides the flares on the noses, I love the current late model and judging by the standing room only crowds at Lucas and WoO shows,I'm not the only one.
    Go back to the bodies of the early 2000's and get rid of the flares and get the noses up off the ground. Making the cars less aerodynamic will only make the racing better and take some stress off the drivetrain.

It is no joke when you get close behind someone it feels like 1000 pounds comes off your front end and it takes off ... obviously that phenomenon makes it more difficult to come through the pack and gives a big advantage to the guy leading in clean air. Anything that makes that less severe will
    Make the racing better

You could take a ton of downforce off of em without significantly changing the look of the cars.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    It is no joke when you get close behind someone it feels like 1000 pounds comes off your front end and it takes off ... obviously that phenomenon makes it more difficult to come through the pack and gives a big advantage to the guy leading in clean air. Anything that makes that less severe will
    Make the racing better
    How much downforce do you lose being a full second off the pace?.....asking for a friend!

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    They were cool 15 years ago.

I disgree 200%. They look better now, by far IMO.

Had the old body mocked up on my '04 Smackdown... my non-racing neighbors couldn't ID it as a race car... or even a car.

Wanna save LM racing? Make them look like a real car again not a refrigerator laying on it's back.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

He fella work 80 hours a week running your nationally reknown deck business , do everything on your pierce car your self and race 5 times a year and show me how it’s done .... you can’t compare the best effort of a the best teams in the country to a guy like me racing 5 times a year as a hobby who’s just not willing to pay 50k for a xr1 rolling chassis set up for me . I have not come close to be 100% at eldora yet but I won’t stop trying

Default Preach it !

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Amen Brother !

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    I'll 2nd that!

I would add that the left rear corner of the car raising a foot or more upon acceleration and 1/2 of the left rear wheel and tire disappearing ahead of the wheel well and the right front wheel hanging a foot further to the right than the right rear and the right hand portion of the front valance being 8" shorter than the left side valance tends to make them look a bit clownish, as well. But I reckon that's all in the eye of the beholder.

May be great for the 2 big groups WoO and L but not do good for small tracks on weekly

CIRF and golddirt I agree with you guys. Look at one of these cars from straight ahead and it looks like a cross eyed 3 year old hung the body. Right side caved in, left side bowed out, nose all jacked up. It's ridiculous. The cars look wrecked before they ever roll onto the race track. They need to go back to a more symmetrical body, and bring the bodies back inside the box a little. I remember reading where Steve Francis made the comment quite a while back that some guys had to go out and buy longer trailers because the old double deckers wouldn't fit 2 cars up top anymore because they had gotten so long.