Thumbs up Kt wins ”howl-o-ween bash” at casa grande

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...r-race-results

KT WINS ”HOWL-O-WEEN BASH” AT CASA GRANDE

Casa Grande, AZ.........Kevin Thomas Jr. of Cullman, Ala. sped to victory in Saturday night’s 30-lap Sands Chevrolet USAC Southwest Sprint Car race at Central Arizona Speedway. R.J. Johnson was second in the “Howl-O-Ween Bash” ahead of Logan Seavey, Jason McDougal and Charles Davis Jr.

SANDS CHEVROLET USAC SOUTHWEST SPRINT CAR SERIES RACE RESULTS: October 27, 2018 – Casa Grande, Arizona – Central Arizona Speedway – “Howl-O-Ween Bash”

FIRST HEAT: (8 laps) 1. Logan Seavey (#19 Reinbold/Underwood), 2. Colton Hardy (#74 Williams), 3. Stevie Sussex (#12 Allen), 4. Joe Scheopner (#17 Scheopner), 5. Tyler Most (#3 Most), 6. Nick Aiuto (#27 Aiuto). NT

SECOND HEAT: (8 laps) 1. Kevin Thomas Jr. (#75X Imperial), 2. Ronnie Clark (#6 Clark), 3. Dennis Gile (#13G Gile), 4. Isaac Chapple (#52 Chapple), 5. Matt Lundy (#98 Lundy), 6. Mike Martin (#16 Martin). NT

THIRD HEAT: (8 laps) 1. R.J. Johnson (#51 Martin), 2. Tye Mihocko (#5 Mihocko), 3. Charles Davis Jr. (#50 Davis), 4. Jason McDougal (#19S Reinbold/Underwood), 5. Sterling Cling (#34 Cling), 6. Daylin Perreira (#21 Perreira). NT

FEATURE: (30 laps) 1. Kevin Thomas Jr., 2. R.J. Johnson, 3. Logan Seavey, 4. Jason McDougal, 5. Charles Davis Jr., 6. Isaac Chapple, 7. Stevie Sussex, 8. Tye Mihocko, 9. Colton Hardy, 10. Ronnie Clark, 11. Matt Lundy, 12. Dennis Gile, 13. Mike Martin, 14. Nick Aiuto, 15. Joe Scheopner, 16. Sterling Cling, 17. Daylin Perriera, 18. Tyler Most. NT

----------------------------

FEATURE LAP LEADERS: Laps 1-9 Sussex, Laps 10-30 Thomas.

HARD CHARGER: Jason McDougal (10th to 4th)

BEAVER STRIPES PASSING MASTER: R.J. Johnson

NEW SANDS CHEVROLET USAC SOUTHWEST SPRINT CAR POINTS: 1-Charles Davis Jr.-1,237, 2-Tye Mihocko-1,113, 3-Mike Martin-1,054, 4-Michael Curtis-802, 5-Matt Lundy-736, 6-Chris Bonneau-666, 7-R.J. Johnson-639, 8-Tyler Most-589, 9-Dennis Gile-586, 10-Andy Reinbold-546.

NEXT SANDS CHEVROLET USAC SOUTHWEST SPRINT CAR RACES: November 2 & 3 – San Tan Valley, Arizona – Arizona Speedway – “51st Western World Championships”
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

I was impressed at how many USAC 410 regulars went west for this deal. Some heavy hitters, too. I've never been to this track but I know some guys that have and they said it's a very good track. KTJ is showing he can win in just about anything he races. KTJ has really come into his over the past 3 seasons and he's especially tough in that Hoffman #69!!

This McDougal kid that finished 4th in this race is very impressive. He's a little rough around the edges but he's very good. I'm bettin' McDougal has a ride lined up for The Chili Bowl and if it's a decent car he'll be in the Saturday night A-main. I watched him get his first USAC National Sprint Car A-main win this summer and it will be the first of many, I suspect.

Is McDougal the same guy that's sleeping on KTJ's couch?
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Is McDougal the same guy that's sleeping on KTJ's couch?
    He was earlier in the season but not sure if that is still the case. Young Mr. McDougal has been running pretty good over the past 3 months and he may have made enough cash to strike out on his own in regards to his housing accommodations.

What I've seen of this McDougal kid he's the real deal and reminds us of Mr. Larson and Mr. Bell. Don't get me wrong, I'm not touting him to be in the rarefied air of Larson and Bell quite yet but he sometimes has that look.

Logan Seavey is another guy to keep an eye on. We all are aware of Seavey's success in the dirt open wheel cars but on top of that he ran 3rd driving an ARCA car at Springfield after experiencing car trouble and making a ton of pit stops through the middle portions of the race. He kept fighting back and might have challenged for the win had there been a late caution. 2 weeks later he won driving the ARCA car on the dirt at Du Quoin. He actually made it look pretty easy at Du Quoin.

At this particular time dirt open wheel racing is blessed with a whole bunch of promising talent. I love seeing these young guns move up and out of the dirt open wheel ranks but it would also be very cool to see some of them stick around with USAC and POWRi. The younger guys like Windom, Grant, KTJ and some others have made the Silver Crown Series races extremely exciting. Those guys run those 100 milers on the mile dirt tracks like it's a 30 lapper at Kokomo! These youngsters certainly make things exciting!!