Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you've been to Florida before treat yourselves to Arizona. As others have said more classes in AZ, more big names in FL, fans are rabid and fun both places, AZ hands down much less expensive with out East Bay's strawberry shortcake but terrific Mexican food, much less touristy ripoffs. FL wins if Gentlemen's Clubs ( strip bars) are your thing, AZ if you like beautiful scenery and a different style of architecture than FL tacky.

In FL license plates are 90% from the upper midwest while AZ's are from the western states, predominatedly the colder states, i.e. the Dakotas, Montana, Wisconsin etc. The kicker may be that you're from Indiana and will perhaps retire to FL and, hopefully, have many years to enjoy FL's pluses while you may, otherwise never see Arizona and that would be a shame. Have fun whichever you go to though.

6 nights in a row at the same track gets old

That is one of the appeals too I think. We have nights off here and there to break it up and allow you to do other things. The racetrack is literally at the foot of the Superstition Mountains. To me its a racing vacation. If you decide to come shoot me a message and I will give you a personal tour.

Never been to the Arizona races, and probably never will because I hate the schedule. If I fly in the morning of the first race and fly out the morning after the final race, I’m looking at 10 days minimum and that’s the best case scenario, it likely wouldn’t work out that well. 10 days for 6 races... I don’t like it. Run it Monday to Saturday or Tuesday to Sunday and I’ll give it a chance .

yeah this would be a tough decision for me also

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    That is one of the appeals too I think. We have nights off here and there to break it up and allow you to do other things. The racetrack is literally at the foot of the Superstition Mountains. To me its a racing vacation. If you decide to come shoot me a message and I will give you a personal tour.
    Can I get a personal tour too?

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    If you've been to Florida before treat yourselves to Arizona. As others have said more classes in AZ, more big names in FL, fans are rabid and fun both places, AZ hands down much less expensive with out East Bay's strawberry shortcake but terrific Mexican food, much less touristy ripoffs. FL wins if Gentlemen's Clubs ( strip bars) are your thing, AZ if you like beautiful scenery and a different style of architecture than FL tacky.

In FL license plates are 90% from the upper midwest while AZ's are from the western states, predominatedly the colder states, i.e. the Dakotas, Montana, Wisconsin etc. The kicker may be that you're from Indiana and will perhaps retire to FL and, hopefully, have many years to enjoy FL's pluses while you may, otherwise never see Arizona and that would be a shame. Have fun whichever you go to though.
    Thanks for the post 4T. I tend to agree with your thinking. We make it to Florida quite a bit, but we never really go out west. The schedule isn't as attractive but we will make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Wow, thank you for the invite. I will be in touch.