Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Promoted Luxemburg (87-88), Chilton (88) and Amherst (2013). PR guy at 141 then GM in 1986. Did PR/advertising at Capital (83-84) and Slinger (85) plus did the mic work.that year.

I've done a few announcing gigs on a fill in basis since then plus ran a boatload of hot rod shows and swaps.

Now I'm.retired from all that happy horse manure and hope to have some fun for a change.
    (86-present) 4M guru!🙄🙄
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I miss the Colossal, I wish they'd bring that back. The World Finals have too many support classes. The Colossal was only Supers and Crash Cars, which were actually kind of entertaining.
    So, your saying WoO sprints and Super Dirt series Big Block mods are support classes and that's too many??? Lmao

Default Also missing at Charlotte:

Also missing at Charlotte: Humpy Wheeler and Roger Slack.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Those are some crazy numbers!! For the 1980's for sure! At Dixie in Georgia mid-2000's, USAC ran supposedly for $40k. I kinda wish some non-wing stuff would catch on some in the South! I know many of you are Late Model only Snobs, and any other car is sacrilege!!
    screvan has a non wing sprint car show nov 16-17 looks to be a decent field of cars coming from indiana including shane cottle jarret andretti isaac chappell and more.. the event promoter has an entry list on indianaopenwheel.com

It was on the Speedway's calendar in the camping office this weekend when I checked in "Super Late Model Dirt Race" some time in early March

Quote Originally Posted by Trax53 View Post
    It was on the Speedway's calendar in the camping office this weekend when I checked in "Super Late Model Dirt Race" some time in early March
    Heck yeah man! Whatever it is, I will be there, especially since I didn't make the world finals this year.

Vegas has the Duel in the Desert, a huge IMCA modified show, this coming weekend. It's been very successful since the beginning 'bout 10 or so years ago with a couple of hundred A mods and a lot of Sport Mods. Grandstands have never had a dent in their capacity (too many people in town getting rich at the tables.)
    The track itself has improved over the years and the Mods run scary close to the walls coming out of 2 & 4 but good clay in Nevada is pretty much non-existent. We run a touring Pro Stock series in the northern part of the state and joke (sort of) that the Nevada dirt tracks are pavement with sand on top.
    WoO has had a sprint car show there for years too but that's about it for the dirt track. The asphalt bullring runs regularly and the drag strip has several shows.
    The Texas track used to have a pretty good SUPR Late Model show but since SUPR is gone now the track sits pretty much unused and that's a shame.
    Last edited by over4T; 11-05-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Trax53 View Post
    Maybe a return of the Collosal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I think a March Super Late Model dirt race, called the Colossal or whatever, would be tremendous. Run $5,000 to win shows Thursday and Friday night and a $50,000 to win race on Saturday. The Saturday day race this weekend was tremendous I thought.

Thumbs up

I KNOW it would be an outstanding success if they would just do it!

I would WISH for a 3 day World 100 type format for a return of the "COLOSSAL 100"
    Last edited by Trax53; 11-05-2018 at 09:37 AM.

The Rt 66 dirt track is totally packed and completely sold out for their demolition derbies. I haven't been too impressed by their attempts at actual racing.

I actually have media access in Charlotte since I'm a writer for a motorsports website. I did hear a couple of rumblings about a big DLM race next year. There were two big rumors flying around:

1. There will be a "World Beginnings" next year that features all 3 divisions after Speedweeks in Florida.

2. The Colossal 100 will return but no name has been decided on. And it would be a 3 day show with races all three days. No one actually discussed purse that I heard myself but if there were 3 nights of good money available I think there would be a lot of Late Models show up. The first year of the Colossal in 2006 there were 119 cars in the pits.

I don't think a "World Beginnings" would be a good marketing move... because the World begins in Florida in Feb; and to run the same event (essentially) twice in one year is iffy.

But I guess I'm glad Earl did it when he started the Dream.
    "The Wise One"

The Sprints head to the west coast for a month or two after florida stopping in vegas on nascar weekend which is march 2-3 this year so i doubt theyll be a part of a world beginnings event

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Those are some crazy numbers!! For the 1980's for sure! At Dixie in Georgia mid-2000's, USAC ran supposedly for $40k. I kinda wish some non-wing stuff would catch on some in the South! I know many of you are Late Model only Snobs, and any other car is sacrilege!!
    Have you seen this? http://www.ssmidgets.com/home2.html

Brand new series starting up next year in Georgia/Florida. First race this month!!
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    (86-present) 4M guru!
    I haven't been here THAT long... you must thrive on adversity!!!!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    So, your saying WoO sprints and Super Dirt series Big Block mods are support classes and that's too many??? Lmao
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I think I was pretty clear.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I think I was pretty clear.
    I think ur nuts. You got 3 touring series together here.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I think ur nuts. You got 3 touring series together here.
    Even street stocks have touring series so that isn't relevant.

Even street stocks have touring series so that isn't relevant.
    Ok well you only like 1 of the 3 classes then, therefore the other 2 are support classes in your mind.