Default 33rd Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Entry Form Now Online

The entry form is now available online. Just in case there are some midget owners and/or drivers that hang out on the open wheel section of a dirt late model forum and want to be a part of the biggest and best dirt racing event of the whole year!!

Maybe bloomy will give it another whirl to see if he can make it out of the Saturday G-main into the F-main!! LOL!!

33rd Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Entry Form Now Online

Bryan Hulbert - TULSA, Okla. (October 30, 2018) Trick or Treat, well in this case, treat, as the entry form for the 33rd annual Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire has been posted early.
    With entry forms hitting the mail last week, some entries have already been received, including World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series Competition Director, Mike Hess, who will be driving for Taylor Courtney as well as California's Brody Roa, who will pilot the No. 7m for Iron Dome Motorsports.
    Entries can be downloaded at https://www.chilibowl.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=72453 and returned via Fax to (918) 836-5517, called in to (918) 838-3777, or mailed to 1140 S. 83rd East Ave. Tulsa, OK 74112. Entry forms must include a current W9 form as well. Download the form at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
    Early entry is $150 through December 14, 2018. After that, teams will pay an additional $50 per entry.
    Just like the 2018 Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire all cars must run a Muffler. Inserts will not be allowed. All car number and letter combination must be legible from the scorers stand. While the races are scored electronically, the races are also hand-scored.
    The 33rd Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire takes place January 14-19, 2019 at the Tulsa Expo Raceway, located inside the River Spirit Expo Center in Tulsa, Okla.
    For continued updates on the Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire, fans can follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with @CBNationals. All official press, updates, and results on the Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire can be found online at http://www.chilibowl.com.
    Quick Notes:
    What: 33rd annual Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire
    When: January 14-19, 2019
    Where: River Spirit Expo Center - Tulsa Expo Raceway 4145 E 21st St, Tulsa, OK 74114
    Entry Information:
    Discounted Early Entry ($150): November 1, 2018 - December 14, 2018
    Late Entry ($200): December 15, 2018 - January 18, 2019
    Entry Blank: http://www.chilibowl.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=72453
    Return Entries Via:
    Phone: (918) 838-3777
    Fax: (918) 836-5517
    Mail: 1141 S. 83rd East Ave. Tulsa, OK 74112
    Entries will not be accepted via Social Media.
    Phone: (918) 838-3777
    Fax: (918) 836-5517
    Mail: 1141 S. 83rd East Ave. Tulsa, OK 74112
    Chili Bowl Online:
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chilibowlnationals
    Twitter: (@cbnationals)
    Official Hashtag: #ChiliBowl2019
    Instagram: cbnationals
    Snap Chat: TheChiliBowl
    Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Champions:
    Year - Driver (Owner)
    2018 - Christopher Bell (Keith Kunz/Curb-Agajanian)
    2017 - Christopher Bell (Keith Kunz/Curb-Agajanian)
    2016 - Rico Abreu (Keith Kunz/Curb-Agajanian)
    2015 - Rico Abreu (Keith Kunz/Curb-Agajanian)
    2014 - Bryan Clauson (Joe Dooling/Rusty Kunz/Curb Records)
    2013 - Kevin Swindell (Swindell Motorsports/Curb Records)
    2012 - Kevin Swindell (Swindell Motorsports/Curb Records)
    2011 - Kevin Swindell (Swindell Motorsports/Curb Records)
    2010 - Kevin Swindell (Swindell Motorsports/Curb Records)
    2009 - Sammy Swindell (Swindell Motorsports/Curb Records)
    2008 - Damion Gardner (Jason Leffler)
    2007 - Tony Stewart (Tony Stewart Motorsports)
    2006 - Tim McCreadie (Steve Smith)
    2005 - Tracy Hines (Wilke - Pak)
    2004 - Cory Kruseman (Andy Bondio)
    2003 - Dan Boorse (Dan Boorse)
    2002 - Tony Stewart (Keith Kunz)
    2001 - Jay Drake (Keith Kunz)
    2000 - Cory Kruseman (Andy Bondio)
    1999 - Dan Boorse (Dan Boorse)
    1998 - Sammy Swindell (Pete Willoughby)
    1997 - Billy Boat (John Lawson)
    1996 - Sammy Swindell (Rusty Kunz / Jay McKinnie)
    1995 - Donnie Beechler (Zarounian Motorsports)
    1994 - Andy Hillenburg (Keith Kuntz / Rusty Kunz)
    1993 - Dave Blaney (Ralph Potter)
    1992 - Sammy Swindell (Dave Ellis)
    1991 - Lealand McSpadden (Andy Bondio)
    1990 - John Heydenreich (Tony Finley)
    1989 - Sammy Swindell (Jack Runyon)
    1988 - Scott Hatton (Jerry Hatton)
    1987 - Rich Vogler (Bob Lowe)
    VIROC Champions: Chad Boat (2018), Kyle Larson (2014 and 2017), Tanner Thorson (2016), Sammy Swindell (2015, 2012, 2011, 2009), Kevin Swindell (2013), Brad Loyet (2010)
    Trade Show: A long-standing tradition at the Chili Bowl, the Trade Show, which is open to the public each day (Monday through Saturday), is free of charge. All variety of racing products, apparel and more is available with well over 100 vendors. The Trade Show still has space available. Anyone looking to be a part of the Trade Show can contact the Chili Bowl office at 918-838-3777. The Trade Show covers approximately 20,000 square feet.

Thumbs up

Now you ought to know better than to bust on Bloomy on here. Luckily I think we have this room mostly to ourselves, so no harm. AS big a dude as Bloomquist is lately, I wasn't expecting too much when he went, but he can say he did it. Davenport was ok too, but similar issue with height. Somebody from DLM that might be good would be Jimmy Owens or Jared Landers. Jimmy has an open wheel mod background and Jared is just wide open and a smaller stature. The skills to be fast in todays DLM are different than they were when Hewitt was jumping all around. At CArrera Racing Shocks we use to have a poster of 3 cars he drove for that produce guy sitting on a water fall, (1) DLM, (1) Sprint and I believe (1) midget, all Blue & yellow #21's.

I was wrong, 4 cars.
    Last edited by CageFaraday; 11-05-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Now you ought to know better than to bust on Bloomy on here. Luckily I think we have this room mostly to ourselves, so no harm. AS big a dude as Bloomquist is lately, I wasn't expecting too much when he went, but he can say he did it. Davenport was ok too, but similar issue with height. Somebody from DLM that might be good would be Jimmy Owens or Jared Landers. Jimmy has an open wheel mod background and Jared is just wide open and a smaller stature. The skills to be fast in todays DLM are different than they were when Hewitt was jumping all around. At CArrera Racing Shocks we use to have a poster of 3 cars he drove for that produce guy sitting on a water fall, (1) DLM, (1) Sprint and I believe (1) midget, all Blue & yellow #21's.

I was wrong, 4 cars.
    Actually the cars are midget, winged 410 sprint car, USAC Silver Crown car and the dirt late model. Don Murphy was the owner of those cars. Murphy owned a string of IGA grocery stores in those days. Jack won a LOT of races driving those cars. Jack told me those cars are not photo shopped onto the water fall. They're actually setting in the shallow water of the falls. They set them there with a crane. Some of the copies of this pic you can see a road just beyond where the late model is setting and that's where the crane set them in the running water. He told me where in Ohio that was taken but I can't remember. I'll ask him when we see him in Florida. Dave Remington is the photographer and there are no prints available. I know, I've tried for 25 years to get one from Jack and Jody and they can't even get one. It is an iconic photograph that would sell literally thousands but for whatever reason they are not available.

The height thing you bring up as the reason snort isn't any good in a midget may be a bit overblown. I've hung with Dave Darland just a little bit over the years and he's taller than both snort or super man. I've watched DD win midget races against some very good competition.

Sammy is rather roly poly and he seems to do just fine in a midget, although he's not all that tall.

Do you not think that Larson could more than hold his own in a mangled up 2018 dirt late model with good equipment and a knowledgeable crew chief? Remember, Larson jumped into a Daytona Prototype sporty car and won the 24 Hours of Daytona on the road course in only his 2nd attempt!! I'm thinkin' if he had to he could probably master a dirt late model on a little 1/4 mile track in a reasonable length of time.

In regards to Jack Hewitt's late model exploit's I maintain the same point of view as I have regarding Larson. Given a reasonable length of time he'd also be competitive in today's jacked up, mangled up late models. But we'll never know for sure. I just don't see any indications that it requires more driver ability today to drive a dirt late model than it did in 1995. For sure the cars are different today, just as most racecars are but I just ain't buyin' that Jack couldn't adapt.
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-20-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Cage, it's not bustin' on ol' snort if in fact it's the truth and we both know it is. All the excuses in the world can't change the facts. To some folks ol' snort is sacred and the truth seems to get twisted in such a way as to become some sort of insult to snort and to them when it's merely the truth. I don't understand it but I'm sure willing to point to the statistical record whenever needed! Personally, I am on record many, many times saying ol' snort is one of the 2 or 3 best of the modern generic late model era. Outside of that realm he's not even average and the numbers bear that out. However, it's always been entertaining to see the reaction's even though they never change! LOL!