Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass Protest!

Default Mass Protest!

I've got it! I have the solution to all this controversy over the cost of DLM racing and the rules dilema! Everybody that has been on this forum posting and complaining about the cost and the lack of effort from all the series and tracks, we all need to send out an email to every series and track that we follow. That's it. Just send an email voicing your concerns. Tell your friends to do the same. Tell every driver you know to do it too. It's kinda like when somebody posts a bad review on Facebook about a big corporation and the big company backs down because everybody is complaining.

I seriously think if Lucas and WoO get flooded with emails and Facebook posts, they might actually start making some changes.

I'm sure that if there are this many people just on 4m that are fed up and concerned, that there has to be a ton of other fans and drivers that feel the same. Let's all just start pushing until the powers that be listen and do something.

That's the only way it's going to change. We have to start a grass roots movement.

Must be a millennial cause that's all they want to do is protest and think the world is all sunshine & rainbows

Will If you all watching whats going on lets ask Q

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    I've got it! I have the solution to all this controversy over the cost of DLM racing and the rules dilema! Everybody that has been on this forum posting and complaining about the cost and the lack of effort from all the series and tracks, we all need to send out an email to every series and track that we follow. That's it. Just send an email voicing your concerns. Tell your friends to do the same. Tell every driver you know to do it too. It's kinda like when somebody posts a bad review on Facebook about a big corporation and the big company backs down because everybody is complaining.

I seriously think if Lucas and WoO get flooded with emails and Facebook posts, they might actually start making some changes.

I'm sure that if there are this many people just on 4m that are fed up and concerned, that there has to be a ton of other fans and drivers that feel the same. Let's all just start pushing until the powers that be listen and do something.

That's the only way it's going to change. We have to start a grass roots movement.
    Lol.

Yeah because uneducated fans know what’s best for racing.

If the stands are full why change it?

Enough of these fixing costs of racing threads. Lets leave this stuff up to the people that truely know what it's all about...The racers, car owners and sanctioning bodies.

As former car owner/driver in way lesser division of limited late, there's no denying something has to be done somewhere! I at one time was gonna put super together and that was back when ohlins were just out and the hot thing. I realized then costs were spiraling 15+yrs ago. Started having sb2.2 built but that wouldn't hang with the big stuff out there now. A simple cheap 18deg motor might get you some good finishes on right nights but you can't compete at bigger races with them where money can be made by the little guy. Eldora changed qualify format so absolutely NO chance of little guy making show on provisional even now. Sure I've seen 602 crate compete for top 5 against ALMS at Fremont Speedway and top 10s at Oakshade & Attica but are you breaking even on 10th place finish? 45k dollar car & 45k roller new to race for 200-500 start money at local tracks doesn't make sense

People with nothing invested always know more than the people running things. BTW, i thought at first this thread was about the Catholic Church/smile

You guys better lay off or you will hurt his feelings! O Crap, I said his...... Probably in trouble for that!

Spamming e-mails and/or social media posts wouldn’t do a thing. Nothing will change until the bottom line is affected.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

The more supers cost the fewer there will be and that is a plus for the big tours... They will pack the stands more often when they come around your way.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    The more supers cost the fewer there will be and that is a plus for the big tours... They will pack the stands more often when they come around your way.
    Then tracks will close and it will all go a way

Not necessarily, look at tracks outlaws run and they don't have sprints or least 410. It's possible to survive without supers or 410 sprints as headliner but you'd have to be smart and profit margin could be huge cause of lower purse or small cause can't market to local fans right or product sucks

For the guys with all the smart a** comments about uneducated fans, (TsFan, Huskerdirt, Jim11H) I raced for 15 years. 5 in Modified Hobby and 10 in Super and Limited Late Model. SPEC engines were what allowed me to make that jump in the first place, and hard tires were what enabled me to take Limited Late Engine and run against open competition engines. But, that was before the mess we have now. Also spent a year as a flagman at Tri-County Racetrack and a year as the Race Director at Sugar Creek. I've got more than enough inside info to have an informed and intelligent opinion so take your skepticism and shove it! At least I love the sport enough to want to do something to help it.
    I'm trying to have an honest discussion and all you can do is make insults? You're the ones that sound more like millennials.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Enough of these fixing costs of racing threads.
    Post of the year!!!

Listen Skippy, was just having little fun with the millennial comment but rest assured I've said is honest conversation! Think the rest were having laugh at way our society is today as well. Least the normal stupid stuff ain't on here.

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post

You're dreaming, and after all this time?

No one racing forum has enough people who can or will do what you suggest. This subject has already been run in the ground to the point of repeating the same old crap way too much.

The only thing a race fan can do is go along with the way things are or quit going. And promoters are not going to relate that to the problem.

I've tried to stir up changes in racing track conditions and prep for many years and don't know if it really made any difference. Some tracks i know are totally unaffected obviously just as long as they make a profit. So I believe the same goes about the costs and rules. Promoters are not going to do anything as long as the profits continue.

In facts many tracks are beginning to add more specials and adding sprint cars specials to make several big profit events, and then just rely on running many classes on regular nights to collect a large amount of pit entry fees to insure the purses and if they get a decent crowd they still make a little profit on regular nights.

The blather on here is not going to do anymore than let people pretend that they are accomplishing something!!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Post of the year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    People with nothing invested always know more than the people running things. BTW, i thought at first this thread was about the Catholic Church/smile
    Huck has a lot more invested than a guy collecting a check from Forrest Lucas.

People that are so worried about it on here should get off of here and go do something about it. And not in the "protesting" form.