Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mass Protest!

I did, walked away from racing for 13yrs only attending couple shows year in stands! Bought a camper, a boat, went fishing, and helped wife raise our kids...... In fact you reminded me, I'm probably about to do the same again. P.S. I always tried to bring new friends and occasional once a few yrs fan everytime went. Thanks for reminder MI dirt fan.......

Dumb advice like his is why Michigan sucks at racing & football. Their fastest come to Ohio to race real tracks unlike the sandy black no grip poured oil on surfaces up there

What do the rules and out of control costs have to do with how tracks are prepped? And what track pours oil onto their surface? I'm not sure who you refer to as "the fastest" . Do they do this weekly? Thanks for the personal attack just because I'm from MI. Do you do the same thing for people from Indiana?
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 11-02-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    What do the rules and out of control costs have to do with how tracks are prepped? And what track pours oil onto their surface? I'm not sure who you refer to as "the fastest" . Do they do this weekly? Thanks for the personal attack just because I'm from MI. Do you do the same thing for people from Indiana?
    That was popular at several of my local tracks back in the 80's. They called it Bunker C oil because it came out of the bottom of the ships containment. They gave it to the tracks because it was unsellable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    That was popular at several of my local tracks back in the 80's. They called it Bunker C oil because it came out of the bottom of the ships containment. They gave it to the tracks because it was unsellable.
    He makes it out as if they currently do.

I wonder if Tom Deery will take my call... I used to be on his Rolodex...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Butler Speedway used to oil their track back in the eighties. I have not been there since back then though.

Yep Butler, beautiful place such (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty surface! Last time there was 15yrs ago or so for WoO LM race think it was, mighta been stacker series lol. I was having a little fun on the football but yes their fastest drivers come to Ohio to race better competition sprints, lates, and some mods. Mid pack 410 here is feature winner up there, Dona, schlenk, ruhlman, Jeep, Spangler, olger, etc

Read the 3rd paragraph with Sheppard’s quote and see how aero is affecting how they race. Reminds me of NASCAR.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/racewire4220.html