Default Eldora Newbie Advice

Our camping group hit the Silver Dollar Nationals this year. Next year we have decided to goto the Dream. None of us have been to Eldora before.

Camping and seating advice would be appreciated. We are planning to arrive Wednesday evening that week. Thanks in advance.

I’d also like to add that if anyone has 5-6 tickets to the Dream that they may not be using in 2019 but would like the renew and keep their spots, I would be interested in buying your 2019 seats.

Seating is pretty good, we sit usually the front stretch or on the grass in 1. Reserve your campsite early,and get your golf cart (if you have one) registered, speedy campgrounds to me is the best.

Been doing some research ahead of tickets going on sale Saturday.
    My dad had an accident which resulted in surgery, so I’m looking at the tiered concrete lawn chair seating (North Terrace) so he can have a back rest. Any pro’s or con’s to sitting here?

Thanks

Tireguy, you said you'd be camping. Be advised. When camping for one of the big shows at Eldora and if you take a golf cart, generator or anything else that is worth stealing be dam sure to have it securely locked down. And I mean securely. There are thieves among you that double as race fans and they will steal whatever they think they can get away with. Unfortunately, the authorities in Darke County, Ohio are somewhat disinterested in identifying the thieves as well as the recovery of your stolen property. They have the appearance of being far more intent on writing citations for illegal parking and the use of golf carts and ATV's which they deem worthy of their authoritative attention.

Good luck, have fun, but don't get careless and let you guard down or it will cost you and/or your insurance company.

If it's your first time at Eldora just buy general admission and buy a pit pass. You will watch a lot from the infield.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Tireguy, you said you'd be camping. Be advised. When camping for one of the big shows at Eldora and if you take a golf cart, generator or anything else that is worth stealing be dam sure to have it securely locked down. And I mean securely. There are thieves among you that double as race fans and they will steal whatever they think they can get away with. Unfortunately, the authorities in Darke County, Ohio are somewhat disinterested in identifying the thieves as well as the recovery of your stolen property. They have the appearance of being far more intent on writing citations for illegal parking and the use of golf carts and ATV's which they deem worthy of their authoritative attention.

Good luck, have fun, but don't get careless and let you guard down or it will cost you and/or your insurance company.

Mark, I've been going well over 20 years, and have had zero issues with items being taken.
    However, you can never be too safe, so lock your doors and have a blast.

Our group has been staying at Speedy Camp for nearly all of those years, so that has been a good option for us...

We sit near the top, right behind the flagstand, but there are great seats everywhere, if your dad needs the lawn chair.

As one mentioned above, buy the $5 upgrade for the pit pass.. Just to feel the rush of being that close to the track/action, while the cars are hot lapping and/or time trialing, is about the coolest thing i've done at a race track... And, I raced and ran a track, so you know it has to be cool.

Have a great time, and be prepared to make the World 100 an annual trip... It's that cool.