Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloomquist motor program.......

........from the interview after the race, it sounds like the late summer engine trouble ended the Andy Durham association.

Not knowing what’s been going on with Duram’s reliability issues but a bad batch of parts possibly? It hasn’t happened in NASCAR in some time but maybe 5-6 seasons ago you’d see multiple engines fail in 1 race from Hendrick or Roush.

So Scott is done with Durham engines?? What engines will he be running now??

I didn't hear him say he was switching builders. I thought he said he was trying to get his engine program figured out. There are several different combinations an engine could be build into, sounded like he was experimenting with that area. Not every engine with Durhams name on it is the same. I could have misunderstood what he was saying tho.

I didn't here anything about dumping Andy either. Sounded more like they were tinkering with displacement than anything else.

No engine builder is perfect. They will all have their failures from time to time. The good ones just have less problems. The Durham engines have held up well for Scott. I wouldn't expect a switch anytime soon.
    8/13/16

T Mac said the same thing about pro power. That they had a different engine combination earlier in the year but they went back to a combination that fit his driving style. There are many different ways a engine builder can change the power curve to fit the drivers style.

How many engine failures has Owens had? Owens has had lots of bad luck, and some of it might not have been all luck but driving mistakes, but I don't recall him having lots of engine failures. If some teams aren't having problems, that would tend to indicate it's not really a flaw in the engines but how they might utilized. Some of the tracks we saw failures at were fast tracks like Knoxville. Maybe some teams were winding them too high? Maybe there were detonation issues? What kind of ignition timing were the teams running? What temperatures were they running them at? There are a lot of things we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    T Mac said the same thing about pro power. That they had a different engine combination earlier in the year but they went back to a combination that fit his driving style. There are many different ways a engine builder can change the power curve to fit the drivers style.
    TMac was running the Pro power Fords earlier in the season. He switched back to the Chevy (and prolly a particular combination he liked) and has been running quite a bit better. Good to see him up front more.

It sounded to me like he’s planning to switch builders ...

What you guys are failing to realize is.....the guys he said he was borrowing motors off of, also run Durham stuff. It was rumored they had gotten a bad batch parts. Pro power and Durham both suffered from it.

Well I will stand by my hunch. To hear Scott talk about motors for that long and no mention of Andy Durham, I think it's elementary Watson.

He is going to be the savior of Custom Race Engines????? Put them back on the map!

I would like to see him go with Hatfield.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Hes been with vic hill before and Ricky Weiss runs vic hill motors,so why not go back to him?

Funny funny. I don’t see him leaving Durham just yet.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Bloomer will bail in the blink of an eye!!!! If it’s a good piece and they pay him, he will run anything!

Heard MoJo Jarrett say Scott is switching to "Jasper" for 2019...

I Heard clements fords

I heard it was going to be McCoy

Back to Somerset, KY