Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Thanks Bayko. I did not know the WoO has been to grandview. Wonder why, or have they, not gone back. Great track.

M1 dirt fan. In response to it not making sense. You've never seen the 2 tracks. Path Valley is a 1/4 high banked little joint that is a racey a place as anywhere in the country.
    The part that didn't make sense was the claim a driver isnt a real driver without having an aero advantage and wide bore engine at thier disposal.

Hav A Tampa went to TMS in 2000 and 2001. My wife and I and my Dad went in 2000. The race was held the same weekend as the gigantic Pate swap meet for antique car parts,and it was cool to do both. The track was rough the year we went,but worse the next year I believe. There's a famous picture of Rick Eckert from that event all the way off the ground,or close to it. The facilities were amazing though! As a side note, I took my then 13 year old cousin to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and the Foo Fighters the Monday night after that weekend. It was a great show,but I'll bet I couldn't drive to Dallas,walk around a NASCAR facility all day,go to the races two nights,drive home,and go to a late concert the next night without feeling it now.

I've never gone to the SUPR shows at TMS,but there are videos of them on Youtube. They're pretty darn good races. SUPR always allowed open cars,but gave spec engines a weight and spoiler break.

Devil's Bowl has held some SUPR shows in the past,and the ones I attended were pretty good. They ran a limited class there in the past,but they were still pretty speedy. Of course,the track has a storied history with the WOO Sprints.

Lone Star near Kilgore is a nice facility,but despite changes just still doesn't have very good races for late models. Before they shortened the track it could be BAD fast. The cars could really get up a head of steam on those long straights. Went to a SUPR show in 1999 after they had re clayed the track. The cars were rolling that night.
    Last edited by AllenK; 11-14-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    Formerly 66#1

I wish one or both would come back to North Alabama Speedway

Thanks Bayko. I did not know the WoO has been to grandview. Wonder why, or have they, not gone back. Great track.

M1 dirt fan. In response to it not making sense. You've never seen the 2 tracks. Path Valley is a 1/4 high banked little joint that is a racey a place as anywhere in the country.
    I would love to check out path valley.......a buddy of mine races his mod there on occasion and has very complimentary things to say about the track.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by stewart fan View Post
    Lucas to i55 would be great
    Man I wish that would happen
    I am what I am

AllenK- Re: TMS I missed those HAT dates, I seem to remember the facility had a jackrabbit start, they had a couple shows then shut down and reconfigued and reopened a couple times. WoO sprints have only run there a couple times. Drainage issues over the tunnel ensure a monster hole in turn 2 if it rains good prior to an event. Shame they've had bad luck with weather and track prep issues because as you saw its a top notch facility with easy freeway access near a very large metro area.

Tri State Speedway Haubstadt IN

Thunderbowl Speedway Tulare CA

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Good picks with Eagle NE and Thunderhill KS. Throw Oskaloosa IA and Spoon River IL in the mix, never happen but fun to think about.
    Donnellson, IA would be a better choice than Osky (it is much racier), though it would be good to see them at Osky as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    AllenK- Re: TMS I missed those HAT dates, I seem to remember the facility had a jackrabbit start, they had a couple shows then shut down and reconfigued and reopened a couple times. WoO sprints have only run there a couple times. Drainage issues over the tunnel ensure a monster hole in turn 2 if it rains good prior to an event. Shame they've had bad luck with weather and track prep issues because as you saw its a top notch facility with easy freeway access near a very large metro area.
    Yes,it's potential has never fully been realized. Texas is a huge market wherein late model shows are just practically non existant. I'm glad some regional series have popped up over there.

Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige would be cool also. It seems like a good track as well,and close to Austin to boot.
    Formerly 66#1

+1 to Greenville, MS, Springfield, MO, and North Alabama, and I could add the old track at Muskogee, OK, which had HAT events in the late 90s. Also ArkLaTex Speedway needs another LM show (Lucas Oil had a race there a few years ago). I'd like to see the national tours at Crowley's Ridge Raceway. Probably won't be enough seating but the race would be a barnburner. Also, Timberline Speedway in Corley, TX would be a good place if they add a little seating.

Default Fryefan

Agree Fryefan, Donellson is very racy and been the site of some great MLRA events. And VanG runs one of the most efficient shows anywhere. Be fun though to see what the open motor cars could do on the bigger track. I’m generally not a fan of half miles but Osky is an exception.
    I hate time trials.

Donnellson is a very good track, diamond in the rough for sure. West Union Ia. would be a good choice for a big event, lots of side by side racing.

I'd love to see either WoO or Lucas come to Crossville Speedway in TN. When prepped right, you can run 2-3 wide all night long. We just ran a race at Tri-County Race Track in NC and that would be a fun little track to see the big guys run as well.

2 PA tracks. Grandview, which is a modified stable. The other is the 1/4 mile bullring Path Valley Speedway and there high banks. Take all the aero crap and spread bore 60K motors and toss them out the window. You mite actually find a guy that could drive a car....
    Path Valley for sure.

And Midway Speedway in Crooksville, Ohio.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cannot remember if it was a Appalachian race or what it was, but a recent race they had there, think the one Covert won, really good race. And they get good car counts.

To think the 410’s have raced there too. Wow
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

moulton and north alabama would be the ultimate 2 day show for me

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Donnellson is a very good track, diamond in the rough for sure. West Union Ia. would be a good choice for a big event, lots of side by side racing.
    These are my choices, as well...two of Iowa's best.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Hav A Tampa went to TMS in 2000 and 2001. My wife and I and my Dad went in 2000. The race was held the same weekend as the gigantic Pate swap meet for antique car parts,and it was cool to do both. The track was rough the year we went,but worse the next year I believe. There's a famous picture of Rick Eckert from that event all the way off the ground,or close to it. The facilities were amazing though! As a side note, I took my then 13 year old cousin to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and the Foo Fighters the Monday night after that weekend. It was a great show,but I'll bet I couldn't drive to Dallas,walk around a NASCAR facility all day,go to the races two nights,drive home,and go to a late concert the next night without feeling it now.

I've never gone to the SUPR shows at TMS,but there are videos of them on Youtube. They're pretty darn good races. SUPR always allowed open cars,but gave spec engines a weight and spoiler break.

Devil's Bowl has held some SUPR shows in the past,and the ones I attended were pretty good. They ran a limited class there in the past,but they were still pretty speedy. Of course,the track has a storied history with the WOO Sprints.

Lone Star near Kilgore is a nice facility,but despite changes just still doesn't have very good races for late models. Before they shortened the track it could be BAD fast. The cars could really get up a head of steam on those long straights. Went to a SUPR show in 1999 after they had re clayed the track. The cars were rolling that night.
    Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers, that’d be a helluva show.

Arizona Speedway

Talladega short track on a cup weekend