Thread: Pierce stub

Default Pierce stub

Was wondering if pierce mod were built with a turned stub. How do you tell?

Pretty sure pierce cars were built with a turned stub... more than the other builders if my memory serves me correct. Should be able to find more info in a forum search

Yes they are. After setting all the rear bar lengths along with all the other measurements to the pierce book,, I wondered how much trail the RR had. So I strung the rear to the engine plate and also the lower ball joints. Was very surprised at how much the RR was trailing. I called and they told me to just go by the bar lengths and don't worry about stringing the rear to anything. They said yes the stubs are turned and I will go crazy trying to match the book numbers while also trying to string the car at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDuctTape View Post
    Yes they are. After setting all the rear bar lengths along with all the other measurements to the pierce book,, I wondered how much trail the RR had. So I strung the rear to the engine plate and also the lower ball joints. Was very surprised at how much the RR was trailing. I called and they told me to just go by the bar lengths and don't worry about stringing the rear to anything. They said yes the stubs are turned and I will go crazy trying to match the book numbers while also trying to string the car at the same time.
    Im like you, I always strung my cars as well. At least if you get in a bad wreck, you can re-string it and see where you're at!

pierce are turned