Default The 78th Annual Turkey Night Grand Prix Is Upon Us

This years' TNGP looks like another good one with Larson, CBell, McDougal, Grant, Rico, Boat, Bacon, Seavey, The Demon, Klaasmeyer, Little Haud and all the rest of the boys and girls in action at Ventura tonight.

If the past couple of years is any indication this years' edition should be another epic show.

Not stumping for SpeedshiftTV but it's live on SSTV and they do a very good job!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

This ought to frost you, Larson and Bell are my current favorite Nascar drivers. Along with Blaney

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    This ought to frost you, Larson and Bell are my current favorite Nascar drivers. Along with Blaney
    Oh power boy, don't try to flatter yourself. There is virtually nothing the likes of you could do to "frost" me. However, I obviously occupy a sizable space in your head totally rent free! It's a source of pride and the entertainment value is priceless. LOLOL!!

Ya' know what power boy? If you'd just grow a set of stones and air out the real reason you despise, no hate, (are they the same? LOL!) Jimmie Johnson you'd have a lot more credibility. Hell, you might even become likable! Even though JJ was in no way involved in the championship gimmick he still occupies most of your NASCAR psyche. Now that's obsessive, don't ya' think?

LOL, I think you got Johnson in your head. Anyway, I hate to see the Wetterman get kicked off here.

LOL, I think you got Johnson in your head. Anyway, I hate to see the Wetterman get kicked off here.
    Yep, you're right power boy. Whenever I see you post some phony sanctimonious bull---- about how JJ isn't worthy of accolades befitting the greatest NASCAR driver of the past 35 years I realize just how hate filled and bitter you really are. How much of a coward you have to be for not mustering up the guts to categorically clarifying your justification for said hate and bitterness.

I reckon you know "first hand" of such things as a johnson in your head given your quivering, tingling man-love for stewy. LOLOL!!!

Why are you dragging me into Johnson fantasy? I don't care much about him. He beat the system to get his last championship 2016 which was a farce even more than the one Joey just won. Gimmicks don't play well when evaluating successful seasons.
    Last edited by TS FAN; 12-04-2018 at 08:21 AM.

I went to that race every year from 1966 till 2008 when I moved out of state. There was never a better place for that race than when it was at my beloved Ascot Park.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer

Why are you dragging me into Johnson fantasy? I don't care much about him. He beat the system to get his last championship 2016 which was a farce even more than the one Joey just won. Gimmicks don't play well when evaluating successful seasons.
    I'm not dragging you anywhere, power boy. Your overstimulated manlove for stewy and pee wee jr. is all the fantasy you seem to want and desperately need! LOL!

You care about JJ, and we both know it. The hatred you've spewed over the course of his career is unmistakable. The fact that he's a 7 time champ lives as deep in your head as I do! Your credibility is zero until you shake the coward gig and fess up to why you hate JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    I went to that race every year from 1966 till 2008 when I moved out of state. There was never a better place for that race than when it was at my beloved Ascot Park.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer
    Although I never had the good fortune to attend an event at Ascot I'm confident that the glory days of Turkey Night were during the years it was run there. Ascot was hallowed ground and I would have loved to have seen a race there but at that time of my life I was too young and too broke to make the trip west.

With that said, I'm not sure Ascot, if it still existed, would be the perfect venue for Turkey Night as it once was in today's racing reality. Iconic events such as The Hut Hundred and the Belleville Midget Nationals have faded into history in spite of their storied linage. The costs involved with racing midgets on a 1/2 mile along with driver reluctance due to the speeds the modern day midget is capable of have all but put the bigger tracks in the rear view mirror.

I am inclined to believe that if Turkey Night had stayed at Perris it would be gasping for air to stay alive in today's midget racing climate. Given the circumstances surrounding midget racing today Turkey Night has found a compatible venue for the long term in the form of Ventura Raceway. The 1/5 mile Ventura track is conducive to incredible racing and the speeds aren't as daunting as the much bigger tracks. Plus, Ventura is one of the coolest dirt tracks you'll ever see, cold temperatures notwithstanding.

As legendary and iconic as Ascot was/is it's certainly not a given that Turkey Night would survive there today.
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-11-2018 at 09:40 PM.