Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Racers baffle me. This is from the press release.

Over the past two seasons with Richards behind the wheel, the St. Marys, Ohio based team amassed 15 wins, including two $100,000-to-win Dirt Track World Championships at Portsmouth (Ohio) Raceway Park and the Diamond Nationals at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri. The duo also earned 59 Top-5 finishes and 82 Top-10 finishes.

They left off winning the Lucas Oil points series in their first season together.

So how does a change like this take place? What drives it because it is certainly NOT common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    And perhaps that he is an excellent racer. IMO.
    He’s very talented, but he’s too old to get a spot on talent alone.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post

Over the past two seasons with Richards behind the wheel, the St. Marys, Ohio based team amassed 15 wins, including two $100,000-to-win Dirt Track World Championships at Portsmouth (Ohio) Raceway Park and the Diamond Nationals at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri. The duo also earned 59 Top-5 finishes and 82 Top-10 finishes.

They left off winning the Lucas Oil points series in their first season together.

So how does a change like this take place? What drives it because it is certainly NOT common sense.
    Hmm. I read something yesterday that included first and second in points.

This could be driven by chance to do something different.
    Could be personality issues.
    Could be more $.
    Could be many things.

Being a pro is this business doesn't give you a chance to pad a 401k or even have much earned income for future Social Security calculations. You better get what you can, while you can.

Of course you will say he is a Richards... But the most powerful buggy whip business from 1875 isn't alive today. Nor is Sears.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-27-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post

Josh dd what he thinks will be best for Josh. I tend to think it'll work out.

Default Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    He already tried all that. It didn't go particularly well.
    Too be honest Jish is too old in owners eyes way too many experienced young kids that have done pavement for 3 or 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    Too be honest Jish is too old in owners eyes way too many experienced young kids that have done pavement for 3 or 4 years
    I’m not gonna dispute that.

Other top late model drivers that have driven for Bowyer seem to go downhill. Hopefully not the same for Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Has he ever sat in anything but?
    I don’t think so. Possibly a MBH MasterSbilt, but I don’t think so.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The Richards and Bowyer combo is interesting. The race team has mostly not hit performance expectations in the past, if they don’t do it with Josh and tech support from Rocket makes one wonder what could be left to fix in future years?
    I hate time trials.

Do you think that's possibly why they might downsize to one team?

Is the Bowyer car a show and drive type of seat? If I remember right, wasn't part of the attraction of BPM for josh being located in ohio for his wife's side of the family? It would make since if all he has to do is fly in and out for race weekends and he doesn't have to relocate.

I know it's none of my business, just thinking out loud. Should be a good combo in my opinion.

So if CBR went to rocket with Josh ? Where does this leave Don and Hudson ? Is Don still part of CBR and will he be sitting in a rocket ? Same for Hudson chassis wise ? I will say it . I think Don and Hudson may have break out yrs and that these guys along with Josh and Owens may rack up multiple wins for rocket.

Hudson does not drive for CBR. He drives for Todd Burns SSI team out of Indiana. Hudson will be in a Longhorn chassis for 2019.

Keith Richards?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Hoosier, yes I understand he is not part of cbr. Why ? I don't know. But with peak as his sponsor, I was just wondering. Going back to boyer, he has to see the talent this kid has, Lanigan for whatever reason just never got to were Hudson was. If not for the shoulder injury he may have been really good last year. I guess with Josh on board with Rocket we may now see if it's not the drivers. Crew chiefs are the same. Will be interesting.

Interesting that the article does not mention the 2nd car, or Don Oneal at all. Seems as if CBR is only interested in fielding one car next year. I wonder if another press release is coming revealing just that? or has there already been one?

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Interesting that the article does not mention the 2nd car, or Don Oneal at all. Seems as if CBR is only interested in fielding one car next year. I wonder if another press release is coming revealing just that? or has there already been one?
    I think if there is no change, there is nothing to mention.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Hoosier, yes I understand he is not part of cbr. Why ? I don't know. But with peak as his sponsor, I was just wondering. Going back to boyer, he has to see the talent this kid has, Lanigan for whatever reason just never got to were Hudson was. If not for the shoulder injury he may have been really good last year. I guess with Josh on board with Rocket we may now see if it's not the drivers. Crew chiefs are the same. Will be interesting.
    One of the very best setup men on a Rocket is Josh Richards. If the crew chief is smart, he’ll let Josh make most of the calls.

I think at some point Clint is tired of hearing his dirt team is inferior and racers go there to die.. Josh is a contender and Bowyer got the right driver so we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    I think at some point Clint is tired of hearing his dirt team is inferior and racers go there to die.. Josh is a contender and Bowyer got the right driver so we'll see
    Where does he hear that from? You think he has time to read here?