CONGRATULATIONS TO CHASE BRISCOE for securing a full time ride in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. I've watched Chase since his days as an independent sprint car driver/owner in Indiana. Chase made the most of his opportunity in the ARCA stock car series. I was lucky enough to watch him race on the two 1 mile dirt tracks in Illinois and he ran good.

The pipeline from dirt open wheel racing to NASCAR just keeps running full of talent as it has for the past 2+ decades. I gotta' believe Logan Seavey might well be next to head for NASCARland given his USAC National Midget Championship, very strong run at Eldora in a NASCAR truck, his 3rd place finish on the dirt at Springfield and his win on the dirt at Du Quoin in an ARCA car.

It's great to see Chase get a solid shot at the big time. Chase was a shoestring operation for several years cutting his teeth driving a sprint car in Indiana. Another driver who didn't/couldn't bring much money to get a ride much like Kyle Larson and CBell. Gotta' love those guys who do with talent and determination!

Chase Briscoe tabbed for full-time Xfinity Series ride with SHR

Chase Briscoe has been named the full-time driver of the No. 98 Ford for Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi in the NASCAR Xfinity Series for 2019. Briscoe, who won his first career Xfinity Series race at the Charlotte road course in September in the No. 98, will have backing from Nutri Chomps for the first 13 races.

The news expands the SHR fleet to two full-time Fords, following two seasons of single-car efforts with Cole Custer in the No. 00. Custer advanced to the Championship 4 in 2018, a season in which Briscoe split time in the No. 60 Roush Fenway Racing Ford and also had five starts in the No. 98.

“I got a taste of what Stewart-Haas Racing is capable of in the five races I ran with the team this year,” Briscoe said in a team release. “Winning at Charlotte was one of the greatest moments of my career, and I have to thank Nutri Chomps, Ford, Tony Stewart, Gene Haas and Fred Biagi for believing in me and providing this opportunity to race full time.”

A dirt racer by trade, Briscoe won in his only NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start of 2018 at Eldora Speedway, the high-banked, half-mile oval Stewart owns.

“I’ve been paying attention to Chase since he raced sprint cars and I saw how well he transitioned to stock cars,” Stewart said. ” … He’s learned a lot in a very short period of time and we’re really looking forward to seeing what he can do when he’s in the same car, working with the same crew, week in and week out.”

The 2016 ARCA Racing Series champion, Briscoe drove full time for Brad Keselowski’s Truck Series team in 2017, posting one win and 10 top-five finishes. He was the rookie of the year and also voted as the series’ most popular driver by the fans.