Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dome duration

Default Dome duration

Wondering what thoughts were from people that went this year? First year I missed, I just thought 3 divisions was too many. $9 beers for 10 hours is too much dough for me. Was thinking ab renting today.

9 hours is ridiculous. I love racing but the best ones start at 7 and are done by 10.

I made it til sometime around midget features before I fell asleep. Hopefully today be faster.

Definitely need some sort of qualifying process through the year that makes non-professionals earn their way into the Dome races.

Btw... the Saturday races at the Chili Bowl start around 9am and finish the A-main around 11pm. I am there for every lap of every race, but many others fans do not show up until the C-mains around 7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by t501tx View Post
    Definitely need some sort of qualifying process through the year that makes non-professionals earn their way into the Dome races. Btw... the Saturday races at the Chili Bowl start around 9am and finish the A-main around 11pm. I am there for every lap of every race, but many others fans do not show up until the C-mains around 7pm.
    Yeah. Guys should earn the right to race this go kart track while racing at places like Knoxville. Keep riff Raff like Carpenters and Schlenk, and Zobrist away cause they can't compete.

They run too many heats and take way too long to clear wrecks.

Riff Raff like Carpenters...sensing sarcasm...

I don't think the complaints were meant for the 3 names mentioned

If it is going to be 3 divisions there needs to be a qualifying process. Maybe top 10 in points for any major sanction lucas woo ump Imca etc and then some special invites for the big name types like Larson or Stenhouse. Get around 50 to 60 per class. Also some tweaks to the track could help cut down on cautions. Use some rumble strips or something so that guys don’t race down there but could use it to avoid a spinner or save their own spin out by cutting thru infield.

How about one qualifier be that you have to have won a race somewhere sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I don't think the complaints were meant for the 3 names mentioned
    Of course not, but how would they qualify? How do outstanding mod drivers that would like to come a first time get in? Making it exclusive isn't really fair.

this reason motor sports are hurting. Yall say not enough car count but when yall get them yall cry because it to much racing. you want is big names, but looking some them big names they didn't do that great. Small guys like Zobrist, welshan, get in from the a-main preliminaries. Fisher and Davis had great battle trying get the final transfer spot. Where was Bloomquist at? But yet you want him be in the main show not earning it but he earns it because he top lucas driver. while local and small teams doing better than him but should piss off from this event lol. Heck one the best IL regional driver doors slams first place car to get around him. Then almost wrecks out the front part of the field.

Yall know the format of the event, nothing different from last year. With 200 cars racing to get in to the sat. Night show. It's going take a while before you get all the a main going.

Makes me wonder how much yall cried about the world 100 when 150-200 SLM was racing get in world 100 for 8-10 hrs.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 12-01-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Too many cars for the venue

Like I've always said if you want to close a race track race all night long most of the tracks that are closed wanted to race till 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning.

I made it last night untilm12:47 then tapped out. Will not be getting my money tonight. We will watch football.
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

Quote Originally Posted by t501tx View Post
    Btw... the Saturday races at the Chili Bowl start around 9am and finish the A-main around 11pm. I am there for every lap of every race, but many others fans do not show up until the C-mains around 7pm.
    t501tx, hats off to you!! This year will be our 9th trip to Tulsa and we've yet to set through the whole Chili Bowl Saturday afternoon/evening alphabet soup. I truly admire those who watch the N-main's through the A-main on Saturday. I'm not sure my ass could survive setting there all that time even though we have top row seats on the main straight away which allows us to stand whenever we want.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Too many cars for the venue
    Really? The Chili Bowl pulls off a great show year in, year out with a car count larger than the dome and every last racecar has to be push started. Maybe the powers that be in St. Louis should extend the show another day or two. If 3 nights is good then 4 or 5 nights should certainly be better for the promoter, the hotels, the parking venue's and the bars and restaurants, don't ya' think?

Omg please stop talking about the f'n chili bowl all the time and comparing everything to it. They do this this way and they are done by this time yada yada yada. I was referring to LM's anyway not any other divisions. This isn't the midget racing forum. Smh. Cheese and rice...

I agree... Tulsa and the Dome are apples and oranges.

But lets step back a bit... I mean, we are watching LM/Mod/Midget live racing in December!! Whether the format is perfect or not we need to support this event in every way possible way. It takes a few years to iron all the bugs out of something this big.

Just remember to email or Facebook post to event sponsors after tonight and tell them how much you appreciate their support.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Wondering what thoughts were from people that went this year? First year I missed, I just thought 3 divisions was too many. $9 beers for 10 hours is too much dough for me. Was thinking ab renting today.
    Then don't drink beer...

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Then don't drink beer...
    Next you will tell me to quit having sex