Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dome duration

Lol @ MI Dirt Fan. Reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day. Same thing over and over and over.....

I definitely made the right decision not going this year. Choose football over racing. Track was a cornfield. And top really never came in. Cody said on Wednesday I believe corners were 5 foot narrower this year. Might’ve been a bad move. Stayed home and watched my Crimson Tide Roll!!! What a game! Instant Crimson Classic!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I went to the first Silverdome NDRA race... that is all.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

With all the complaints and whining I could see how a promoter would stop trying to do special events that get too many driver who want to race in Dec. How many guys have their cars torn down or up for sale by now?

With talk of limiting who should be allowed to race, maybe they should put some type of criteria for those who want to watch. That could keep those who complain constantly from watching.

The high price of beer is not to gouge people but to limit the drunkenness.

Everyone knows that it's going to take time to give every driver a chance to race more than a few laps.

The high price of concessions is due to the contracts between the venue and national operators like Sports Serivices. I drank my only $16.00 beer at Tiger Stadium two games before it closed.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

You can come and go as you please. We parked at a nearby parking garage and tailgated when we were raced out and wanted a beer or shot from the cooler.

Limiting entries would ruin the event imo. One of the biggest stories of the event has been the "no names" running up front. I hate they limited the mods this year. So much talent was passed up or never even thought of and considered.

It was two long days, the track wasn't very good and the racing was mediocre, but I had a smile on my face the whole time. If you tipped the bartender well he made a pretty stiff drink that was a much better deal than the $9 beers.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    It was two long days, the track wasn't very good and the racing was mediocre, but I had a smile on my face the whole time. If you tipped the bartender well he made a pretty stiff drink that was a much better deal than the $9 beers.
    Post race I paid $9 for a rum and coke and Larry Flynt's and it didn't have half the vodka. He was pouring us nearly full with just a splash of Rc. Heck of a nice guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    $9 beers? Wow

I went to WWE Starcade at US Bank Arena in Cincy two weeks ago and they were $10.

These prices always come with major league venues.

On the way to The Dome I got a 15 pack of Keystone Light fo $7.99 and managed to get through most of them so my spending inside was kept to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    The high price of concessions is due to the contracts between the venue and national operators like Sports Serivices. I drank my only $16.00 beer at Tiger Stadium two games before it closed.
    You most been really drunk to pay for that or not drunk enough from tailgating lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Shannon View Post
    I went to WWE Starcade at US Bank Arena in Cincy two weeks ago and they were $10.

These prices always come with major league venues.

On the way to The Dome I got a 15 pack of Keystone Light fo $7.99 and managed to get through most of them so my spending inside was kept to a minimum.
    Jody I had 2 aluminum bottles stuffed in my drawers until I seen them with the wands outside lol, first time they have done that. They should of had trash cans outside for the massive amounts of cans that had to be thrown out lol...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 12-03-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Friday night was ridiculous. There is no way that program should take that long. They have to figure something out with the track prep. Midgets were decent racing but they could have been even better if bottom was smooth enough for them to throw it down there for sliders. LM racing was bad all weekend. Mod features were decent...mainly survival. I left for all of the mod prelims because they are always a mess.They have to figure something out with the track and prep and that will fix a lot of the underlying issues with time and wrecks. When guys have no control running the one lane on the bottom you are going to have a big mess.Even then, a 10 hour show is unacceptable.

I know someone who went to a MLB spring training game. $6 for a 20oz and $8 for a hotdog.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I know someone who went to a MLB spring training game. $6 for a 20oz and $8 for a hotdog.
    Spring training and MiLB games usually have much better pricing for tickets and concessions. They have a much smaller nut to crack, and are usually heavily subsidized by the MLB parent club.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bought it Friday, ended up turning it off. Track sucked bad. I get it, it’s fun to see race cars in December. However, I’m spoiled and get to see them here in January in AZ. Wish them good luck in the future. I would go if I lived close, but I’d rather travel in the summer to watch better racing.

Was it honestly just me or did it appear to be far less people there compared to last years videos? D.O.D. would never say that and they acted like it was a "near capacity" crowd, but looked to be less to me....

Quote Originally Posted by superstock79 View Post
    Was it honestly just me or did it appear to be far less people there compared to last years videos? D.O.D. would never say that and they acted like it was a "near capacity" crowd, but looked to be less to me....
    there were people up top. That hasn’t happened yet. Suites were sold out. Also hasn’t happened yet. I definitly think there were more people there

Time management is definitely something they need to work on. But most of us have sat at eldora on Thursday or Friday till the wee hours of the morning for one reason or another. As for the surface i take it for what it is a track built in two weeks. Also they said the dirt had snow on it this year and was very wet when they brought it in. And having no wind or sun to dry it out it just wouldn't get hard enough to pack tight and slick off. 9$ beers its a stadium. Over all i had a good time ill be back

Quote Originally Posted by superstock79 View Post
    Friday and early Saturday it didn't seem too full, because people walk around the concessions/vendors. You can watch the race on TV out there. Lots of people also wander around the pits. It was so packed come feature time that you could barely move in the lower bowl.