Default Brandon Sheppard

I was looking through DOD pictures and I was curious about BShepps car. Is it a XR1? The grizzly bars in front of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit are the older style like what you would see on a black front end rocket or a blue front end? Is he running an older car at the dome?
    Last edited by Jackdawg; 12-01-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Someone with more knowledge than me can give you better information than I can but I believe the car is around 10 years old.

Might be the car that was repaired at rocket that was left the announcer was talking about somebody that is using a car that is 10 years old that was abandoned at rocket

Quote Originally Posted by stewart fan View Post
    Might be the car that was repaired at rocket that was left the announcer was talking about somebody that is using a car that is 10 years old that was abandoned at rocket
    That was Cameron Marlar

One hour with a welder can change anything...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Sheppard, Zobrist, and Marlar were all up front in older style rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Sheppard, Zobrist, and Marlar were all up front in older style rockets
    Marlar was in a xr1 but Zobrist and bshepp were in blue/ grey cars and i think shepherds is like a 09 . Im pretty sure he ran the same car last year. Zobrist is newer love 14-15 probably

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Marlar was in a xr1 but Zobrist and bshepp were in blue/ grey cars and i think shepherds is like a 09 . Im pretty sure he ran the same car last year. Zobrist is newer love 14-15 probably
    Marlar’s car is a blue gray, you can tell in the pictures it has the older style rock guard and doesn’t have raised rear frame rails. Buddy of mine talked to zobrist’s guys in the pits, said their car was 2007 blue front

I don’t blame Sheppard for taking that old rocket car. Or anybody for taking an older car

Those guys are sure getting their money back on those old cars.

They said that Marlar's car was a 2009 rocket. BShepp had an older rocket as well, but it was most likely a 2014 or 2015, which ever was the last year before the xr1's. And Zobrist's car was pretty old as well, you can tell by the way the car looks, body wise, and stance.

I think at least a couple of those cars were updated to xr1 rear???

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Those guys are sure getting their money back on those old cars.
    If I went I'd take an old car, risk of tearing it up is high and not much need for the aero trickery, just mechanical grip. Also demonstrates that new ain't always better... Food for thought.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Zobrists car is an 07. We did update the front end in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier78 View Post
    Zobrists car is an 07. We did update the front end in 2015.
    Good deal i only said it may be newer because i thought it appeared to have the raised halo that the later blue grey cars had. I don't really think it matters what year blue grey anyone had. Just that it was not a xr1. from 09-15 the cards were all very similar in general. And a good one is a good one no matter what year relatively speaking

Good deal i only said it may be newer because i thought it appeared to have the raised halo that the later blue grey cars had. I don't really think it matters what year blue grey anyone had. Just that it was not a xr1. from 09-15 the cards were all very similar in general. And a good one is a good one no matter what year relatively speaking
    I couldn't agree more.