Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crickets

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    If Pierce bangs the wall or gets into somebody, there is 15+ pages of how he cant drive or is a dirty driver. Usually when he wins you hear excuse as to why he won. "he started on the front row", "he cant win on the bottom", "bloomer was testing", "track was crap". I get a chuckle because there is never pages and pages of his fans bragging about him like the 4m faithful constantly say happens. Yesterday he won $30000 and today crickets!
    Because most times when drivers win when expected they and their fans act like they have been there before.....it's just a guess.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Schlenk won too and according to some it was luck of the draw. I don't see how Bobby's win could be classified any different. Same track, same event weekend, a gimic, a glorified demo-derby that pays well if your very, very lucky. Congrats to Bobby on his early Christmas gift of an over sized check.
    yep cage , i was already thinking the same thing when i read your post , but im not hating on neither one , congrats to both , maybe it will give rusty and CJ a boost and bobby can probably use the money........

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Most redraws I've seen are the top 6 or 8 qualifiers. I don't have a problem with whatever they choose to do as long as everyone knows before the show starts. I didn't really care for the provisionals tho, simply because it was a non points event. I understand them for touring series races, but once a year races, I don't. I kinda understand Moyers because it had to do with the event THIS YEAR and he had to perform at this years event at some point to get it. I think Scott WOULD have raced his way in had he needed to, but he mentioned early in the event that he had a provisional so I can't help but think he didn't put in his best effort. That takes away from the show when drivers don't give it their all. IMO Overall, not a huge deal. I just think the show is always better when big names like Scott are all in.
    Im not a Scott fan or a hater .i don't know if you were their or not and i haven't watched the dod coverage so i don't know if they showed it but scott made every effort to trace his way in. He about totaled his car in the b main trying to get every position he could if he was just planning on riding and taking a provisional he would have never made the move that ultimately ended his night. He more or less drove right into a wreck because he couldn't see that far ahead and was gonna pass the couple of guys in the back that were whoing up. He was definitely trying to get all he could get all weekend he even tried to race after being in a wreck once

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    no doubt being up front helped, but he had the best car, he wasn't grabbing the ruts, like all the other cars, he was on the gas and floating threw the holes,
    Did he run his world 100 device again?

This how I really view the gateway event last 3 years. First you have to qualify good and win your heat, win your preliminary race come in 2nd. You don’t want start no less than 3rd row to have chance to win it. But truth is pretty much who starts on first row, one out of the two going win it. Luck of redraw yes, but you have to have the skills to put your self in the redraw for starting in the first row. Bobby in the last 2 years put himself in the position to get redraw for starting on the first row.

Pretty much how I view the gateway every year so far. That the reason It’s not my cup of tea really, I Enjoy the show they put on still tho.

The driver that had the most luck on their side was Moyer jr. lucky to get a provisional spot. Dead last to 6th, you have to have some really good luck to get around the cars that pile up and not be part of the pile ups. Lot times the pile up are started from the front runners and the drivers behind the catch the aftermath from it. Or drivers driving way to aggressive “Babb” for that small tight track.

You maybe right about the winner coming from the top few rows, Bobbys the exception, he could win it from anywhere, he didnt run the top cause he didnt have to but even if he would of started 8th he would of cleaned the top off and found a way to the lead..Sheppard was gna get up there and change Bobbys strategy until he got a flat trust me...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 12-03-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    You maybe right about the winner coming from the top few rows, Bobbys the exemption, he could win it from anywhere, he didnt run the top cause he didnt have to but even if he would of started 8th he would of cleaned the top off and found a way to the lead..Sheppard was gna get up there and change Bobbys strategy until he got a flat trust me...
    Don’t think bobby would won it if started in the of the field. You run the top you have high chance knocking the deck off. You stay up there long enough the wall going grab you. Babb just as good as Bobby and shepp running the top. Don’t forget 2016 Bobby hurt himself to win it because he started way to far back in the pack.

It’s threads like this that are the reason this board tends to hate Pierce fans.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

No exceptions.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

I'm not the one who started saying it was all luck to win at gateway, but whats good for the goose is good for the gander. You can't have it both ways, so you get real. Booby fans no different than Scotty fans, only Scotty has classier t-shirts.
    I guess it's a good thing that I really ain't a Bobby or Bobby fan then.I really don't have a favorite,I do tend to like seeing Owens and Hudson oneal run well though.

Schlenk won too and according to some it was luck of the draw. I don't see how Bobby's win could be classified any different. Same track, same event weekend, a gimic, a glorified demo-derby that pays well if your very, very lucky. Congrats to Bobby on his early Christmas gift of an over sized check.
    First thing Bobby said was that it was pure luck he drew what he did, that is everyone's point when it comes to Schlenk, he couldn't just say that the draw was what won the race, he had to go on the poor me rant and everyone is tired of that!

Post #28 - Josh Bayko

I agree.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

But then from the other point of view those pierce fans rub it in your face because you trash talk and discredit him at every turn, goes both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    First thing Bobby said was that it was pure luck he drew what he did, that is everyone's point when it comes to Schlenk, he couldn't just say that the draw was what won the race, he had to go on the poor me rant and everyone is tired of that!
    why did he have to say what was the obvious??

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Rewatch the interview lol.. rusty did say it was all luck at that track, he needed luck on his side win it Friday and sat. But luck wasn't on his side lol.

But then from the other point of view those pierce fans rub it in your face because you trash talk and discredit him at every turn, goes both ways...
    You imagine most of that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

You maybe right about the winner coming from the top few rows, Bobbys the exception, he could win it from anywhere, he didnt run the top cause he didnt have to but even if he would of started 8th he would of cleaned the top off and found a way to the lead..Sheppard was gna get up there and change Bobbys strategy until he got a flat trust me...

But Bobby didn't win from anywhere... in the last 2 years, he has won everything from the pole... early qualifying draw in Qualifying put him in great position to grab fast time for group B... he goes fast time in Group B and that puts him starting on the pole in the quite possibly the easiest Heat race in Gateway Nationals history (and it was by far the longest heat in history of the event... the heat took 47 minutes to run... everyone besides Bobby was a JOKE!!!) he wins it easily and draws the pole from the feature... wins that and draws the pole for the big race Saturday...

he never passed a car all weekend... not 1... and he should probably thank his lucky stars that Shannon Babb stalled his car... otherwise, it changes everything... Both times Bobby has won the big money the past 2 years, Bobby didn't pass 1 car to win... meanwhile I dare you to count how many cars Shannon Babb has passed in the same time frame...

^^^Hallelujah^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You imagine most of that.
    That's what I was thinking too.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    But Bobby didn't win from anywhere... in the last 2 years, he has won everything from the pole... early qualifying draw in Qualifying put him in great position to grab fast time for group B... he goes fast time in Group B and that puts him starting on the pole in the quite possibly the easiest Heat race in Gateway Nationals history (and it was by far the longest heat in history of the event... the heat took 47 minutes to run... everyone besides Bobby was a JOKE!!!) he wins it easily and draws the pole from the feature... wins that and draws the pole for the big race Saturday...he never passed a car all weekend... not 1... and he should probably thank his lucky stars that Shannon Babb stalled his car... otherwise, it changes everything... Both times Bobby has won the big money the past 2 years, Bobby didn't pass 1 car to win... meanwhile I dare you to count how many cars Shannon Babb has passed in the same time frame...
    I guess I'm confused?? do they pay by how many cars you pass or what position you finish?