Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    You forget we live in late model country
    IndeedI seen a while back McKay Wenger is getting out of the mod and back into a Late model. That's another one you can add to Fairbury's weekly count.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    You forget we live in late model country

But none of those tracks regularly get full fields.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I don't know if this will help but Eldora upped their purses for the late models shows to 5,000 to win and 400 to start and they got around 30 cars a night for those 3 races. They were paying 2,000 to win and 300 to start. They gained what 5 or so cars. It all depends if the traveling teams are in the area and heading home and might decide hey lets try to test a little and see if we can pick up 2500. I would say you might see a 20 to 25 car pickup total over all classes. Guys don't travel and race as much.

Anybody hear about what the points fund will be for FALS weekly late models???

Let's start paying in the heats and b mains to help all these new local drivers that will be dragging their 20 year old Rayburns out of their barns.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Just because you have a bigger purse does not always mean you are going to see big gains in car count but, FALS just might but, only time will tell. I would expect to see 5 to 10 cars more with the increase in pay.

I ran a new, little twinkie 1/3 mile in 2013... just streeters and four bangers to start hoping to add stock cars and maybe sport mods to the mix later on. New track at an old fairgrounds.

I paid my street stock guys double what the other tracks paid. Paid the four cylinders three times the $$$.

Got six to eight street stocks and a handful of buzz bombs.

Biggest complaints... hole in turn one (guess he didn't have a steering wheel)... not IMCA sanctioned (not sure how much IMCA paid him to say that) and, the best one, "we've never run Thusday nights"!

One local (lived 10 minutes from the track) said it was too much to ask a guy to race a week night if he has a 40 hour job. The show was over at 9PM! I told him these cars are so cheap to run he should quit his job and race for a living...

Anyway I applaud Fairbury for raising the purse but the guys who don't make the main should get some cash in the "B".

By the way... The Jet 09 sold out his operation so we lost another good Saturday night car and driver.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Let's start paying in the heats and b mains to help all these new local drivers that will be dragging their 20 year old Rayburns out of their barns.
    Not sure who these new local drivers are, but anybody towing to FALS with a 20 year old Rayburn should stay home or pick another track and class to compete in. Around these parts, there are Pro Lates-Crate Lates-Steel Blocks to pick from. Just about all tracks around here have one or more to pick from.

Should these said drivers be reimbursed for qualifying as well?
    8/13/16

It will be interesting to see who shows up to race there each week in 2019.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

With the rule change at Peoria, do any of the guys there go to Fairbury? I think that every track needs to try something to keep or gain cars. I am sure it is not an easy thing to be a promoter.

What was the rule change at Peoria?

LATE MODELS (SATURDAY NIGHT)
    2019 Peoria Speedway Late Model Rules

Please see UMP Dirtcar Super Late Model Rules with the following exceptions:

8c5852019_DIRTcar_Late_Model_Rules_Final

ENGINES

604 GM Crate Engine or IMCA Spec Engine (2300 LBS)
    10 “ Maximum motor setback (29 ˝” ball joint to motor plate)

604 Crate must pass GM Spec Rules IMCA Spec Engine must meet IMCA Spec Rules

Aluminum or Steel headed/steel block engines up to 370 CID (2325 LBS)
    10 “ Maximum motor setback (29 ˝” ball joint to motor plate)

Acceptable valve angles 23 deg. Chevy Ford 18/20 Mopar 15/18

No raised runner heads. No spread port exhaust ports. Standard exhaust ports and bolt pattern only.

Any head or engine the track feels to be unfair to competition shall be moved to the open class.

All Engine Combinations over 370 CID (Open) (2350 LBS)

Open motors using an aluminum block must weigh 2400 LBS with 50 LBS to be mounted in front of mid plate.

6” maximum motor setback (25 ˝” ball joint to motor plate)

ALL RESTRICTOR PLATES will be provided by the speedway and shall be removed and returned in the tech area upon finishing the consi or feature. If not returned, the cost of the plate will be deducted from your race earnings.

Regardless of engine package being used, all cars competing in Peoria Speedway late model class will use Peoria Speedway’s Late Model tire rule.

All cars must clearly display weight and motor on drivers side A-pillar (Ex: 604 Crate 2300 LBS)

Right Front, Left Front & Left Rear Tires: Hoosier L/M 20s or 40s on three corners – (Grooving & Siping Allowed)
    Hoosier L/M 40 ONLY on RR – (Grooving & Siping Allowed)

This is an attempt by Peoria Speedway to reduce the high costs of competition in the Late Model Class and hopefully provide our fans with the opportunity to see a full field of Late Models compete on a weekly basis.

Off topic some what with fals as a business an not a non for profit for American Legion will they lose volunteers? Also don't forget for your pdc camping an reserved seats if you had them last year you get to renew them online March 1 you should get email. You have til March 24 to do so if you don't get email just go on fairbury ticket site and the items should be in your shopping cart. After that if you don't renew them you lose them. Seats not being renewed will be open for public to buy April 2. For more info go to their Facebook page.