Thread: Tubing Benders?

Default Tubing Benders?

I'm looking to buy a cheap tubing bender. Don't need anything fancy, just something to occasionally bend cage pieces for enduro cars. What recommendations do you guys have?

there use to be one on e-bay for around 300 bucks , only came with one dye but you could buy more.....

Thanks for info. I see Speedway Motors has one for 800 with 5 dies with it. Bends vertically rather than horizontal so it wouldn't need to be secured to floor.

I own the speedway motors bender and I really don't like it. it's a pain in the ass to get the tubing out of the bender. look at Eastwood or Woodward fab. I would much rather bolt one to the floor and bend stuff side ways. jmho

Remember, you want a tubing bender, not a pipe bender

I have a pro tool manual that looks very similar to the eastwwod High Capacity Tubing Bender. I have on a stand with a 24" base that I drop pins into the shop floor to keep it in place when I bend, I have 1" 1 1/2" and 1 7/8" dies , it does a nice job on all of these sizes

JD2 makes good stuff for projects like this.

Thanks for the info. Haven't had time to do much research yet but you've given me ideas to look at.

I love my JD2 bender.
    Jeremy Queener- Eibach Springs

ez bend 90

Ive built right at 90 cages with it.

I did a jd2, model 32. Then used swag off-road for the ram upgrade and a digital angle finde. Love it.

Sorry slow to get back. I ended up going with the EZ Bend 90. I couldn't remember the name of the guy that used to build them years ago but I think the company was Mid-American Tool or something like that. Always had good reviews and now built by Gray's Machine in Rock Island. Came with 4 different dies. Ordered on Thursday at 3 and showed up next morning at 10. Plus having an endorsement from Stock Car Driver helped.

I have the Harbor Freight one. Works pretty good and comes with all the dies.