Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cruz Pedregon

Kyle Chaney former TORC pro mod sxs champ and gncc sxs champ could probably wheel a LateModel

How about an IROC type Late Model race at Lucas Oil Speedway on Thursday night before NASCAR races at Kansas Speedway?

Thumbs up First Dream

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Prior to 2013, the Dream had a qualifying day and a race day.
    The first Dream had a race Friday night called "The nightmare before the dream". They qualified Saturday afternoon and then raced the dream that night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH5kxJUXpm4
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!

Instead of using all NASCAR drivers they should put some of the best drivers in the world in the cars. Drivers that can do more than drive a "stock car" on an oval.
    Guys that really know how to drive, like F1 drivers, Pirelli World Challenge drivers, IndyCar, 24 Hrs of LeMans drivers like Tom Kristensen, I think someone else mentioned drift car racers, etc. That would be interesting. They probably couldn't compete with Don O'Neal or Brandon Sheppard in a late model, but it would be fun to watch.
    Last edited by NormP; 12-13-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Would you give these guys enough practice time? Whether or not thier the best drivers in the world it's still pretty far out of thier expertise. Guys in like Indy and F1 aren't use to making a little bit of contact without getting the car totaled. Otherwise all your going to see is spins, tore up stuff and not much racing.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Would you give these guys enough practice time? Whether or not thier the best drivers in the world it's still pretty far out of thier expertise. Guys in like Indy and F1 aren't use to making a little bit of contact without getting the car totaled. Otherwise all your going to see is spins, tore up stuff and not much racing.
    I've never been a fan of the prelude to the dream because I'm not a fan of NASCAR; but I thought those guys got some practice time? Either way, yeah, I'd like to see the drivers get at least semi-comfortable with the cars rather than just strapping in at race time and turning 35 second laps.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I've never been a fan of the prelude to the dream because I'm not a fan of NASCAR; but I thought those guys got some practice time? Either way, yeah, I'd like to see the drivers get at least semi-comfortable with the cars rather than just strapping in at race time and turning 35 second laps.
    35 second laps... you are ridiculous. I believe they had 2 hot laps sessions originally and then made it a single session but new guys could go out twice. They prepped the track to be hard, slick and slow (a time or two weather decided it wanted a fast track), but none of the real race car drivers (guys like Ray Evernham ran it) were terribly off the pace. Would Scott have smoked them? I'm sure he would, but it's not like they were woefully off what you'd expect the race pace to be.

Lots of folks like to trash talk the talent level of NASCAR, but at the Cup level especially, most of those guys are really d@mn good. Family money may have helped get them there, but family money a lone will not keep you in a decent Cup car past a few years, and usually is weeded out in Xfinity.
    "The Wise One"

Anyone see Cruz when he attempted to run Hagerstown and Winchester, VA in a Ronnie Dehaven car a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    35 second laps... you are ridiculous. I believe they had 2 hot laps sessions originally and then made it a single session but new guys could go out twice. They prepped the track to be hard, slick and slow (a time or two weather decided it wanted a fast track), but none of the real race car drivers (guys like Ray Evernham ran it) were terribly off the pace. Would Scott have smoked them? I'm sure he would, but it's not like they were woefully off what you'd expect the race pace to be.

Lots of folks like to trash talk the talent level of NASCAR, but at the Cup level especially, most of those guys are really d@mn good. Family money may have helped get them there, but family money a lone will not keep you in a decent Cup car past a few years, and usually is weeded out in Xfinity.
    Paul Menard would be the only exception to your statement imo. Dillon boys somewhat too.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Paul Menard would be the only exception to your statement imo. Dillon boys somewhat too.

Paul is really the lone exception and it's because his family has more money than God and he's good enough that he doesn't destroy cars.

Dillon kids always got a raw deal. Yes family ties fast tracked them, but if you ever saw them on dirt then you know they both can wheel. If they weren't good they'd be like Coy and JD Gibbs... in the front office.
    "The Wise One"

35 second laps... you are ridiculous.

It was an exaggeration, don’t get your panties in a wad.

I haven’t seen anyone really trash talking the talent level of cup racers, but let’s not kid ourselves and act like they’re the best racers out there...

Paul is really the lone exception and it's because his family has more money than God and he's good enough that he doesn't destroy cars.

Dillon kids always got a raw deal. Yes family ties fast tracked them, but if you ever saw them on dirt then you know they both can wheel. If they weren't good they'd be like Coy and JD Gibbs... in the front office.
    Agreed. And I do shop at Menards.

I always thought Austin was pretty good, Ty not really. But they both could be. I remember Austin running at Eldora at least once.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.