Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That is true. He can get in anyone's ride and be a threat to win.

Default Waac7

Yes, absolutely have bad nights or bad days every now and then.......that whole interview he did just kind of soured me a little on eckert.

Was as if everybody there should be lucky he showed up for such a small regional event.

Have always been a little indifferent about him anyway, it just struck a nerve .....heck, maybe I was the one having a bad night that night and just took him the wrong way.

Even though clearly he is good I Was never much of a fan of his either way.....so no real loss on either end.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Some nights his meat I hear is to dry. lol

There's guys that change chassis's and run better. Moyer Jr end of this past year, JD, Overton to name a couple.
    I've had things said about the que good or bad at times......but being too dry has never been one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Overton runs good in everything. He could wheel a bicycle.
    He has come a very long way........I used to see him in the bud 76 around the Carolina's when he first started to get going and he was average at best.

He has honed his talent into premier level skill set now.......guy is good.

Default Highwayman

I counted like 20 people that said he sucks a bag of ....., oh wait, nope, only one, you.

Everyone knows Scrub was top notch, but he has really fallen off in the last few years. Whether it’s losing Raye Vest’s funding, not enough help, not enough money, he is not the Eckert we know from them days you so eloquently copied and pasted from his site.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Question

"Everyone knows Scrub was top notch, but he has really fallen off in the last few years. Whether it’s losing Raye Vest’s funding, not enough help, not enough money, he is not the Eckert we know from them days you so eloquently copied and pasted from his site."You are right back in those days he had a little guy name robbie Allen helping him. Like i said earlier Rick can get it done he needs a crew cheif though. It's more important nowadays then ever before. Weher is pearson without Stuckey. Or Davenport without rumley. Scott without corey....

Looking at the stats it doesn't look like he has declined much at all since his best days 15 or so years ago. Considering hes in his 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    They were on racing junk before the world finals

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    They were on racing junk before the world finals
    As I quote what the famous lite inn would say...

That's nice. 🙄🙄🙄
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 12-13-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Rick was offered a ride with a great team for the 2019 season but did not take it because they run the lucas tour. That ride then went to another former WoOL driver who will now be on the Lucas tour. Rick is a great person with incredible talent but when you are on tour short handed it makes everything so much more difficult. Best wishes for Rick in 2019. It would be an incredible loss to see him drop off the WoOL tour, as he is one of the original Outlaw members.

Quote Originally Posted by fenders27 View Post
    Rick was offered a ride with a great team for the 2019 season but did not take it because they run the lucas tour. That ride then went to another former WoOL driver who will now be on the Lucas tour. Rick is a great person with incredible talent but when you are on tour short handed it makes everything so much more difficult. Best wishes for Rick in 2019. It would be an incredible loss to see him drop off the WoOL tour, as he is one of the original Outlaw members.
    What ride are you talking about???

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by edavis71 View Post
    What ride are you talking about???
    I think he might be talking about the Best Performance Motorsports ride.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I also heard something along those lines but didn't think it would amount to anything. I wonder why BPM was looking at WoO guys filling the seat.

Any new rumors/information on Rick?

He must not wanna race too bad if he turned down a ride with a great team?

Why would he turn down the best ride ? They've made it quite clear they plan on staying closer to home and running regional. Would have fit what both are looking for. Some start rumblings just to start them.

Rick has funding from Dryden Oil Company and its for Woo Series only .Dryden is major sponsor on sprint car side of woo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Why would he turn down the best ride ? They've made it quite clear they plan on staying closer to home and running regional. Would have fit what both are looking for. Some start rumblings just to start them.
    Obviously the staying close to home stuff was only rumors. Tyler Erb didn't go there to run regional races.

Well if Tyler Erb has someone else paying those bills and his equipment sitting there I think you may be wrong. He wins both ways. If best doesn't plan to make a certain race, I'm sure Erb will show up with his own equipment.