Default Good year for SLM in the carolinas

Shaping up for a great year in the Carolinas. Cherokee 2 WOO and 1 Lucas and 10,000 to win carolina clash.Lancaster 1WOO and a 10,000 to win carolina clash fayettville WOO and Lucas one paying 25000 to win and a 10000 to win carolina clash and between the ultimate and clash both have up most of the races to 5000 to win. Should be one of the best season in years.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Shaping up for a great year in the Carolinas. Cherokee 2 WOO and 1 Lucas and 10,000 to win carolina clash.Lancaster 1WOO and a 10,000 to win carolina clash fayettville WOO and Lucas one paying 25000 to win and a 10000 to win carolina clash and between the ultimate and clash both have up most of the races to 5000 to win. Should be one of the best season in years.

Thats great news. Seems like the big races in this area were dieing off.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Cherokee also has a $10k Southern Nationals race.

Not to mention County Line and Lake View is having Ultimate Series races. Should be a good racing season around the Carolina's if cars are willing to travel. Only time will tell!

What’s the back story on lake view, have they had super races before? Is the racing any good?

They are doing some good things at lake view.......that show should be good.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default Switchback

Lakeview has had some big super races in its day.......the new folks are doing some good stuff with the property, hearing they are also doing some stuff with the racing surface during the off season.

Historically it's been a rock hard track with not much passing in certain classes, but I've seen some pretty good shows there this year and the new folks are really trying to make up for lost time time on getting if racy.......track has mega potential .

Lake View had a few Hav-a-Tampa races back in the 90s. Winners were Ed Gibbons (92), Bloomquist (93), and Skip Arp (96). I could be wrong but wasn't the 93 race were Scott was released from his arrest and allowed to race or something??? Seem to remember hearing after he won the cops came back and picked him up or something like that. Could be totally wrong on that.

Back in the day, it hosted Hav-A-Tampa and other big shows. Lake View was the track that Bloomer arrived to race in handcuffs, as some have recalled and told. Skip Arp won the last one I attended. The clay surface has been dead for hundreds of years but I understand the new owners are addressing that problem. If not, they might as well move their races to Myrtle Beach.....and I mean on the beach......because both are just pure sand now.

Talking about myrtle beach, I'd love to see somebody bolt some clay down on that speedway and bring it back to its glory days of dirt.

Could be the redneck riviera version of eldora south.

At first glance I thought this thread was going to be about the Carolina SLMs going to Goodyear tires. Glad that wasn't the case. Whew!!!

This past season, the new owners visited 10 different pits before before hauling about 90 loads of new clay, also increased banking. Lots of improvements, with more to come this season.

Back in the 90s Lakeview and Cherokee ran alternating weeks with supers with a points system for both tracks. The fights between the Edwards brothers was worth the price of admission.