Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Patrick

Default Pat Patrick

I know this is random, but ...

He was one of my childhood favorites. He was a local guy who was big-time nationally too. Fast forward a few decades and I was interviewing him for a feature article in DLM Magazine. I never finished it because I was going through a divorce at the time and had to give up my weekend gig, but he was the most enjoyable interview I ever had. Just a great guy and great personality. With so many great stories! Is he still alive, and do any of you longtime fans have any recollections of this legend?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    I know this is random, but ...

He was one of my childhood favorites. He was a local guy who was big-time nationally too. Fast forward a few decades and I was interviewing him for a feature article in DLM Magazine. I never finished it because I was going through a divorce at the time and had to give up my weekend gig, but he was the most enjoyable interview I ever had. Just a great guy and great personality. With so many great stories! Is he still alive, and do any of you longtime fans have any recollections of this legend?
    He was in the P1PE car if I’m not mistaken. Don’t believe I ever seen him race, or if I did I was too young to remember. Maybe you could try and do it again if you still have your notes and contact them guys. Or Speedway Illustrated.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He drove a few different cars. I first saw him at NKS, and then my first traveling race at Pennsboro, which he won! It was the late 70's. I mostly remember him in the Stricker Streak car, because I saw him so many times locally.

Saw him at log cabin in the red 68 in the early 80s. Good racer!

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    That was the Stricker Streak car. And it was badass.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Them old pics someone had put on here awhile back that were great, had Pat in the red #68.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I was wrong anyway, Russ Petro was in the P1.

I was really young when he was racing so I don't remember much. I just remember him winning a lot of races when we got to go to the track.

I remember Larry Moore in the P1. And then later on, David Speer in the P1 and his teammate Finn Watson in the P2.

I found a page on Facebook - Ritchie County something - with a bunch of old pics, including Pat Patrick. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I was really young when he was racing so I don't remember much. I just remember him winning a lot of races when we got to go to the track.
    Pat was a very good friend . I followed him as many do Bloomquist . He won over
    500 hundred features . Hundreds of top 5 finishes . He drove the Morgan Chandler 28
    for awhile , The M&M vans , And the more famous Stricker Streak . After his second
    place finish in the 83 World One Hundred . When Jeff Purvis passed him with about 10 laps
    to go , on a restart , after the race he got out of the car , mad as hell , he gave it to me .
    Said he was buying a new one , that this one might be out of luck . I still have it .
    In 2019 I plan to donate it to the hall of fame in Florence at the north south , Where it belongs .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    500 hundred features . Hundreds of top 5 finishes . He drove the Morgan Chandler 28
    for awhile , The M&M vans , And the more famous Stricker Streak . After his second
    place finish in the 83 World One Hundred . When Jeff Purvis passed him with about 10 laps
    to go , on a restart , after the race he got out of the car , mad as hell , he gave it to me .
    Said he was buying a new one , that this one might be out of luck . I still have it .
    In 2019 I plan to donate it to the hall of fame in Florence at the north south , Where it belongs .
    Wow, that is awesome. I remember Pat in the Morgan Chandler car. White and Gold 28. And the M&M 44 -- followed by Eddie Carrier Sr and a really young Steve Francis.

Andrew Zeter
    July 6, 2017
    Ralph “Pat” Patrick, 76, of Sayler Park, Ohio, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, July 1, 2017. A memorial celebration in Pat’s honor to be held at “Jim and Jacks on the River” on Sunday, July 23, beginning at 1:00pm. All family, friends, fans and the racing community are invited to join us in celebrating his amazing life and to share your stories - we know there are many.

I remember Larry Moore in the P1. And then later on, David Speer in the P1 and his teammate Finn Watson in the P2.
    And yes I was wrong again. I mix them up and absolutely did again. It was Larry, Russ was K1.

Speaking of Larry, you read his book?

Default Clayton

I remember that, and remember how cool it was they were going to meet at one of his old stomping grounds to shoot the bull, reflect.

I remember him racing at the World 100. Always a threat to win!

Thumbs up

I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

I remember the white and blue 44 car at Florence. Painted inside the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit was the phrase "smooth is fast".

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Sorry , I was in a hurry when I made this post . When I said he gave it to me , I meant
    his racing uniform , the red one . I will be glad to donate it to the hall of fame . For a famous ,
    and one of the best , and cleanest racers to date .

Pat passed away a few years ago. He was one of those racer that other racers would like to be as good as. He raced against some of the best in the game and it was usually at Florence Speedway (Northern Kentucky Speedway )in its earlier days. I remember him in of course Strickers 68...M&M 44. a red 5..a black corvair 23 only a few times ...
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .