Default Dirt Late Model Magazine Change?

Is it true that 3-Wide media will combine DLM, Flat Out, and Modified magazine into one?

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Yes, as a subscriber to both Dirt Late Model & Flat Out, I got an email from 3 Wide that beginning in January they are combining all three into a new magazine called Dirt Monthly. Each issue will be 164 pages. I am actually looking forward to seeing the new version.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Yes, as a subscriber to both Dirt Late Model & Flat Out, I got an email from 3 Wide that beginning in January they are combining all three into a new magazine called Dirt Monthly. Each issue will be 164 pages. I am actually looking forward to seeing the new version.
    Yeah, I'm excited too as I subscribe to 2 outta 3 as well anyway, but have in the past had a subscription to the Mod mag, but never resubscribed.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

You all are right about 3 mags becoming one. I am reading the first issue of Dirt Monthly right now. The Dirt Monthly appears to be a rather classy mag. I will evaluate it for a year before I pass judgement on it. I am not happy to see a mag devoted solely to modifieds disappear from the scene.

I was impressed with the first issue...I was a former subscriber to both Dirt Late Model & Flat Out, so I look at it from a different perspective. I now get to read about the Modifieds in addition to the DLM's and Sprint Cars on a monthly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Is it true that 3-Wide media will combine DLM, Flat Out, and Modified magazine into one?

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    Just read through mine...DLM was all about late models. That's why I liked it. Not a fan of reading about sprints. Modified are okay as I get to see a lot of these guys run...how in the hell could they leave the Wild West shootout off the upcoming events page???

I’m not to impressed myself. A few years ago I subscribed to a full colour late model magazine. As time went on the colour became less and less and less. Now it’s advertised as a full colour, multi dirt magazine. All of what, 30-40 pages are devoted to late models. Give it a year, 75 percent of the magazine will be black and white. Give them 2-3 years, they’ll unfortunately be gone. We now have a dirt racing magazine, and have lost the only late model magazine we had left. That can never be a good.....

I hated to see the only exclusive late model magazine end. The new magazine is ok, but just not the same. It was a good run having our own magazine, but business is business. I was an early subscriber, 1st issue and every copy since, all 244 issues from 1996-2018, lasted 23 years. And saved every one!!

I was a subscriber, then I left, and came back. And then once I got DoD, I didn’t renew. Plus, some of the people they highlight at times aren’t any good. So that kinda turned me off.

Thinking of getting AARN, to supplement my DoD, and buying some of the PPV. Hope they come out with some discounted PPV packages, now that they have upped their coverage a ton. Like a pick XYZ amount and watch them.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I must admit I have learned about Late Model Racers I have never heard of before reading Dirt Monthly. I like how the cover of Dirt Monthly lists the first page that articles appear in the mag for each type of racing. I think I am warming up to the mag , but it takes me longer to read it because of all the racing covered in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I must admit I have learned about Late Model Racers I have never heard of before reading Dirt Monthly. I like how the cover of Dirt Monthly lists the first page that articles appear in the mag for each type of racing. I think I am warming up to the mag , but it takes me longer to read it because of all the racing covered in it.
    Just ordered a year subscription! Will try it out!

Was a little disappointed at first, it was kinda sweet having a magazine exclusively dirt late model. But after going through and reading the new one and Mike O’Connors editorial/opinion, it’s all good. Old school magazines are the best!! Keep up the good work

So how are they doing the tech section?

A section for each class of car?

I was wondering the same thing. I guess we will know by the end of the year.

I was a Sprint Car subscriber but I appreciate the coverage of DLM's and modifieds. Reading Mike's editorial makes me think that Three-Wide wasn't able to sustain 3 separate magazines so combining them was their way to stay in the market. I just hope DIRT gets supported so we don't lose it. Issue 1 is good and makes me optimistic for future issues.

Unfortunately, print media is all but dead.

Quote Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
    I was a Sprint Car subscriber but I appreciate the coverage of DLM's and modifieds. Reading Mike's editorial makes me think that Three-Wide wasn't able to sustain 3 separate magazines so combining them was their way to stay in the market. I just hope DIRT gets supported so we don't lose it. Issue 1 is good and makes me optimistic for future issues.
    Is there a tech section? If so, is Mark Bush still writing it?

Yea, there is a Tech Section and Mark Bush still writes it.