Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My money is on Blakey boy!

Is GR Smith driving the car?

Says in the article Hummer has two new CT 525's crate engines he's going to run full time. Then he says he ran the whole summer Nationals finished 10th. Same body and parts on the car all year. He finished worse than other guys that didn't even run the entire event.

“I’m hoping to prove, just like I did on the Summer Nationals tour, that you can go out there with a $15,000 racecar and a $12,000 motor and be competitive against the team that has an unlimited budget and a $90,000 racecar,” Hummer said.

I don't think he makes it passed Speedweeks. If he eveen let alone makes it to FL.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    That's what the article says. And I read it twice to be sure. lol

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Pretty surprised to see everyone is counting Hardy out of the running.
    He’s come a long way in pretty short amount of time, but I think running the WoO might humble him a bit, but he’ll be a better driver because of it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    GR wont even make it out of volusia.
    Just wanted to give him a lil xtra time
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    What's the over/under???

Of the 6 I only see 2 still left on tour at the end.
    Your prolly right on that figure. Might b the DAILY DOUBLE

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Good question

Thanks mi d fan saw ur post after posting this
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 12-17-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Ok so htis Hummer guy says he is going to run the full tour with a CT525 crate motor. How is that going to work out for him I mean every crate motor i have seen that has tried to compete with the open motor guys just runs way slower and isn't competitive surely to goodness hes not going to run a full tour and finish dead last and be able to run an entire tour

I think it'll be between Dillard and Weiss. Dillard really hasn't traveled that much in te late model until this year. He's done the USMTS stuff before, so he's no dummy when it comes to travel and stiff competition. I think Weiss will take it in the end because of his experience with these type of cars and who he has behind him. Hardy is good too, but I dont think he is as good as Weiss and Dillard. I dont see the rest making much noise at all. That Hummer guy is going to get a rude awakening going to Volusia with a crate engine.

Best of luck to all though.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 12-17-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Weiss, Hardy, and Dillard definitely can make it. Weiss obviously with the edge if he performs as he was last year. Yes I know he was cheating at the NS ha ha.

The guy with crates, man, at Clarksville, Macon, etc ok, a heavier bigger track, I dunno, I just see you being severely under powered.

GR is GR. And Blake is Blake.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Really Chuck Hummer?? His last foray in DLM ended messy, can't imagine this one going any better. He's a 19th place car locally
    This is hysterical. I mean, he couldn't get out of his own way on the Hell Tour last year. He now wants to run WoO? Would be like Mike Hamerlee jumpin on the Lucas Tour.
    And with a crate engine? ROFLMAO.
    8/13/16

Any photos of the Hummer car? I don’t even remember hearing the name on the Summernationals last year

The way I interpreted it. He made it sound like the WoO tour is nothing compared to the Summer Nationals. I'm not saying the Summer Nationals is second rate.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 12-18-2018 at 06:58 AM.

The point made of only 2 making the whole year, most likely decided by Memorial Day isn't a knock on anyone. It is actually common sense and reality. If you aren't the top 2 rookies by May most likely you aren't in the top 10 in points. At that point you are dragging all over for nothing. It makes financial sense at that point to drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    The point made of only 2 making the whole year, most likely decided by Memorial Day isn't a knock on anyone. It is actually common sense and reality. If you aren't the top 2 rookies by May most likely you aren't in the top 10 in points. At that point you are dragging all over for nothing. It makes financial sense at that point to drop out.
    Yes and no. As long as you're still making every show, you get tow money. Somebody like Hummer could actually probably turn a modest profit on tow money alone.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Does woo pay tow money to you if you’ve been to every show? Thought it was the top 12 in points or something. Maybe that was from the dirty dozen days? Can’t imagine start and park teams actually making money in late models, maybe on the sprint series.

Lucas pays top 12. Not sure about WoO

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    That's what the article says. And I read it twice to be sure. lol
    He would be better off to put Casey Roberts in it than drive it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Yes and no. As long as you're still making every show, you get tow money. Somebody like Hummer could actually probably turn a modest profit on tow money alone.
    WoO gives show up money to the top 10 in points. If you aren't in the top 10 you aren't getting anything other than what you earned that night. So Chuck Hummer unless he miraculously gets in the top 10 in points will be earning $100 unless there is a short field. And only the top 10 in points get a point check. Unless this has all changed recently.
    Last edited by manwplan; 12-18-2018 at 11:56 AM.