Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you haven't won a super race all year you're not welcome. The guys causing most theCautions were back markers to begin with. No one will continue to support the event if it lasts 10 plus hours daily

I'd say use something like Montana Magic's results to get your top 75 lates and do an open event on as well and take the top 25. Not all 75 will show up. Than you leave at 100 lates.

It would be a shame To go to a invite only. This short, slower track levels the playing field between the have's and the have nots. Run it for another day and split qualifying up to inside and outside rows, like Knoxville does. Put a three spin and out for the show rule. As far as track conditions go, Gundaker dose as well as any for a track that don't drain or have the ability to raise moisture from under. Possibly a black ice track would keep the car breaker bumps out but still keep dirt on the concrete, although it does give it character. Last year's track seemed better than this years, but a bit dryer also. Just thinking out loud, no expert here.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    If you haven't won a super race all year you're not welcome. The guys causing most theCautions were back markers to begin with. No one will continue to support the event if it lasts 10 plus hours daily
    IDK about winning a super race, but you should have to be a competitive super driver. Some of the entries were limited LM drivers who do not even run the front half of the field at their local track. I understand them wanting to go race, but I don't feel that's what this event is about. If this was a 5 day event then it would not be an issue, but with limited time I think they have to limit the number of cars somehow. I don't believe guys like Welshan and Zobrist would be left out of an invite style event. Perhaps have an application process (for the not so big names) where your accomplishments are taken into consideration for an invitation.

What about someone like Logan Roberson? He didn't really run any super races, but he would have made the show had he not had a flat.

The invitation deal is kind of hokey anyway. Bobby Pierce got an invite in mods and midgets. What did he win in 2018 in either of those cars?

The reason you have this problem is because it's a 55mph race everybody thinks they can win a race like this.

Anyone can win with enough talent. Big dollar equipment is almost useless. Just try and open up that big inch spread bore engine. Finesse is the name of the game.

Your exactly right that is why all those average guys show up.

Y’all forget,,,,,,without average guys there will be no racing. I didn’t like the long show either, but without all the average guys and people that they bring/tell about it, you have no growth!!!! Gotta find a way, maybe an extra qualifying race day, to let anyone try to make it.Invitation only and I will choose to go watch a hell tour race at Highland Illinois instead of the dome. I like to see the little guy get a shot. I can watch the superstar teams every weekend somewhere.

I agree I like to see the little guy have a chance too what I'm saying if it wasn't a 55 mph race those guys wouldn't be there that is why some of the bigger teams don't come its opposite for them.

The bottom line tends to have an accordion effect, it may have more to do with where a car starts than the winning percentage of the driver. I’m not an Illinois resident but my bet would be if you eliminate teams from within 300 miles by going big name drivers only the crowd would suffer. Some format tweaking maybe but by invite only will alienate not only race teams but sponsors, bad idea. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the promoter drop late models altogether somewhere in the future.
    I hate time trials.

I guess I fail to see a problem. Right now a guy can live the dream, the crowd can show up at 3 and see some guys try to make a name for themselves. If you want a shorter race night, go down to hooters or sugarfire and eat a nice meal, roll in about 5-6 and watch from there. I’ve got friends that race the Tulsa shootout, they are live streaming Facebook at like 11 am for heats and it runs into late night. No complaining there.

4m fans never stop amazing me, we need 200 cars at Eldora the sport is in trouble... like I said all major races should be invitation only with 40 car cap...

The invites were nothing but a popularity contest with many mod guys getting invites that just used social media strong to pressure or get an invite. Gundacker would not have “earned” and invite before he won the prelim night. He drove it in.

I'm with you zeroracing the mod racing invites were kind of a joke.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

kazual it is a LATE MODEL race. Cody loves LATE MODELS and he isn't going to drop them.

Wo0 Top 20
    Lucas top 20
    Top 2 in season points to represent a Track with track name on car..
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    kazual it is a LATE MODEL race. Cody loves LATE MODELS and he isn't going to drop them.
    Weird. I though it was a late model, mod, and now midget race.

I agree with mr. carlton