Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    I have been told otherwise by reliable sources. And know for a fact there are smaller guys out there getting the correct parts to freshen.
    engine parts i agree, castings, new crank cut, cam cut, not so much, , merry christmas to all, see ya at the races
    Last edited by grt74; 12-24-2018 at 03:28 PM.

No one has any evidence or proof Durham was putting used parts in any ones engine. I suspect Scott was looking for an engine builder who could supply engines sooner than Durham. Durham had an awful lot of customers he had to provide engines for during a busy racing season.

I think the close to home aspect has to be attractive. Isn't Custom out of Knoxville? That has to be appealing.

BHV, You are correct Sir. Anyone who's followed Scott's career for an extended amount time knows Scott likes to be in control of as much of the operation as possible. It's Scott being Scott. He's been racing these cars for nearly 40 years now. Very few men on this Earth have had, or do have, a DLM operation of that magnitude. He's involved in every aspect. He's absolutely devoted his life to it and it shows. Being close to home is more important by the day.

Look for Scott to have an excellent 2019.

And with the issues last year, when he was nearly out of, if not out of engines probably left him pretty ticked off.
    They almost had to use McDowell's car in a big race due to not having engines ready.
    I think the Custom move is a good one. He won a lot of races in Custom Race Engines back several years ago.

Scott will always change when the builder get's too many clients. I believe his whole program is based on Ford engines and how the drive ability is. This will limit his choice of builder. At Custom there close to home, and he's once again the big fish in a little pond! I think Durham's got too many top teams, and is stretched to thin between shop and track support!

It's not so easy to copy another builder's engine most builders have pirotry parts in their motors. The heads on a clements motor is their own design and cannot be purchased from brodix only from clements.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    A couple years ago they we're bullet-proof. Didn't even need water.
    Heck, that's better than a camel!

Idk what all the sqawkin is about.... we all know the G.O.A.T. could use old fashion Fred Flintstone foot power and wipe the floor with EVERYBODY!!!
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Idk what all the sqawkin is about.... we all know the G.O.A.T. could use old fashion Fred Flintstone foot power and wipe the floor with EVERYBODY!!!
    And still not win lucas title! Go lay an egg bozo!🤡
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by chuppandbloomerfan
    Is Custom still up on the technology? I knew they kinda fell off the face of the Earth. Just like Vic Hill. I’m talking about late models, I know Vic is into the off road stuff as is Pro Power.
    Sadly, I don't believe so. The thing is, you don't need to be "up on technology" as much as you might think. The knowledge is readily available to anyone willing to look for it. Problem is, people are too proud to continue learning. You need a solid basis and a reliable package, as it's not NHRA ProStock, no horsepower wars to fight. The problem is, many of these builders are resistant to change. Running GIANT valve springs because it worked on the SpinTron 15 years ago. For some reason ProPower and Custom basically cement the rocker stands into the head, God help you if you're disassembling one. Cornett, Clement and Durham have ran away from the rest of them. As to the "custom" parts for RY45's, anyone can source them. There's a very specific range for cam profiles, and any magic is left in the head porting/manifold. That comes down to drivability vs power, and there again, measure a head from the top builders compared to the others mentioned here... I've seen 95-98% throat diameters on some of these heads! Valvetrain geometry that makes you wonder how it ever made it off the dyno. That's what makes them hard to drive, on top of killing power. As far as Andy, he's a heck of a guy and great at what he does. He grew very large, very quick and did a great job adapting. Supplier f-ups happen, just part of the game. Just my outlook, but heck what do I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Sadly, I don't believe so. The thing is, you don't need to be "up on technology" as much as you might think. The knowledge is readily available to anyone willing to look for it. Problem is, people are too proud to continue learning. You need a solid basis and a reliable package, as it's not NHRA ProStock, no horsepower wars to fight. The problem is, many of these builders are resistant to change. Running GIANT valve springs because it worked on the SpinTron 15 years ago. For some reason ProPower and Custom basically cement the rocker stands into the head, God help you if you're disassembling one. Cornett, Clement and Durham have ran away from the rest of them. As to the "custom" parts for RY45's, anyone can source them. There's a very specific range for cam profiles, and any magic is left in the head porting/manifold. That comes down to drivability vs power, and there again, measure a head from the top builders compared to the others mentioned here... I've seen 95-98% throat diameters on some of these heads! Valvetrain geometry that makes you wonder how it ever made it off the dyno. That's what makes them hard to drive, on top of killing power. As far as Andy, he's a heck of a guy and great at what he does. He grew very large, very quick and did a great job adapting. Supplier f-ups happen, just part of the game. Just my outlook, but heck what do I know!
    Thanks man. Who knows, maybe they’ll hire away someone to help at Custom who is into and up on all the new stuff.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Vic Hill no weak valve springs!

Thumbs up

Great post.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Great article on Dirt on Dirt about new pairing. The motor Scott won World Finals with was the Custom. So im guessing he'll be just fine with the new motors.

Custom lists a Bloomquist RYR 410 trade in for sale...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Custom lists a Bloomquist RYR 410 trade in for sale...
    Better give it to Durham, he owes him like $2-$3 million.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Better give it to Durham, he owes him like $2-$3 million.
    No not that much. Prolly $40k
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    And still not win lucas title! Go lay an egg bozo!嵐
    Better look at your own shoes!!!!

How long before someone else on a national tour switches to Custom?