Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Going back to Custom Race Engines with the RY45. Guess will see how his season goes.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I new after the World Finals interview he was done with Durham, mentioned it on 4m and a bunch of people laughed me off. Looks like my hunch was correct.

Well he did have the Durham logo pulled from his website and I believe on the car before the World Finals. I thought maybe he might go to Clements.

Is Custom still up on the technology? I knew they kinda fell off the face of the Earth. Just like Vic Hill. I’m talking about late models, I know Vic is into the off road stuff as is Pro Power.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Maybe custom is doing what Durham is doing. All parts comes from Yates and they will assemble them. Yates does all machine work. any body can order a complete motor from Yates just not assembled.

I think there is more to this story than we know......Bloomquist helped put Durham on the map in the late model world. It just doesn't make sense to me?????

I would have to believe the engine woes that have bitten quite a few running Durham have at least something to do with it along with anything else. Supposedly Durham was using old parts in new builds. No idea if that's true or not.

custom is as good or better than all of them out there, never been out powered with them, service is seconded to none, and I've have dealt with most of them, scott ran them years ago, I'm sure he wouldn't go back if he thought there was an issue, good luck to both

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I would have to believe the engine woes that have bitten quite a few running Durham have at least something to do with it along with anything else. Supposedly Durham was using old parts in new builds. No idea if that's true or not.
    Nothing would surprise me. A buddy of mine in 95 was running Artgo series with an engine builder out of Wisconsin, they never touched the motor, well it blew up at Lebanon and they got a wild hair and tore into it that night and couldnt believe some of the stuff they seen in their high dollar piece, used,stock,junk parts..I mean my buddies were not very fabricator, engine savy, and im sure companies pick and choose their customers carefully, but they had nothing but a fancy boat anchor...

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Man what a crappy comment to make without any proof. This why business people hate the internet.

I said I don't know if it's true or not. Just repeating what others have said.

Not as bad as other stuff I've heard.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I think there is more to this story than we know......Bloomquist helped put Durham on the map in the late model world. It just doesn't make sense to me?????
    He's put several companies on the map thru the years. Mastersbilt, Cornett, Custom, Warrior, Ford, etc.
    This is nothing new for Black Sunshine.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

I doubt he uses old parts . I just see him as an engine assembler who hasn’t paid his dues unlike a real engine builder like jack cornett or Glenn Clements or many others

Without being in bloomquist and the rocket1 he would still be a no body and rightfully so

I would think Custom made him a Sweet deal? He has the connections and input to make any engine builder relevant in late models Custom had gotten behind and getting Scott would be a very good move to catch up

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Man what a crappy comment to make without any proof. This why business people hate the internet.
    That has been the rumor going around since about July.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

run whatever you want but just get your tail to the track on time..

I can’t believe how some of you are speaking nonsense about Andy. He’s an amazing guy who takes great pride in his product. There was a period this year where a supplier he used issued a recall on components because of widespread failure.

He does the machine work at his own shop and has very little done at RY.

Used components in his engines? Really? That’s so asinine, there isn’t a word for it.

Andy lasted much longer than usual suppliers with Scott. I wouldn’t read into this too much, it’s just the cycle of life with Zero.

How has Scott's seasons faired after swapping engine builders ?