Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The HP in these engines is in the heads, intake and carburetor.

One shop may squeeze 15-20HP more out of an engine than another. shop. Another shop may use Oliver rods vs. Dyers or Carillo. Same with pistons... I THINK the RY45 engine use a Mahle slug... there are other companies willing to design or copy any part.

The secret is in the details... many different approaches to clearances, oiling mods, assembly techniques, tunes etc. No one guy does it the same as another.

Bloomer is smart enough to choose his engine supplier with great care. He's not the guy who simply buys what the engine shop is selling... his experience is valuble.

If he has confidence in Custom there's a reason.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    engine parts i agree, castings, new crank cut, cam cut, not so much, , merry christmas to all, see ya at the races
    Sounds like Custom is good to go with all they need.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    No not that much. Prolly $40k
    I figured by now you and the rest of the closet worshippers had made it grow. With the BS yall spew.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    How long before someone else on a national tour switches to Custom?
    Probably not till 2020.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    And with the issues last year, when he was nearly out of, if not out of engines probably left him pretty ticked off.
    They almost had to use McDowell's car in a big race due to not having engines ready.
    I think the Custom move is a good one. He won a lot of races in Custom Race Engines back several years ago.
    Can you name another driver that had trouble
    getting a new Durham engine during that same time period?

I told you folks back then that they refused him a new engine
    till he paid his bill!!!!!
    Scott brought all this stuff on him self

Don't run a builders name in the ground over something that
    you know nothing about.

How many did Richards pop before he had to drive Schatz' s car in florida?? How many did Overton pop before Randy Clary had to drive him one down overnight?? How many did Sheppard pop that cost him the WOO title?? How many did Scott pop in Knoxville?? Anybody that says Durham didn't have a rough year is conflicted!!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post

you know nothing about.
    Same goes for drivers, unless you know personally the in's and out's of a situation its best to stay mute.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRuss View Post
    How many did Richards pop before he had to drive Schatz' s car in florida?? How many did Overton pop before Randy Clary had to drive him one down overnight?? How many did Sheppard pop that cost him the WOO title?? How many did Scott pop in Knoxville?? Anybody that says Durham didn't have a rough year is conflicted!!
    Amen.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Default Bloomy Engines

IMO,

This renewed partnership will be incredible; I think they connect really well.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post

you know nothing about.
    You got your answer and now you decide not to run your mouth about him?

Dumb question for those in the know. Does Custom Race Engines share the same building as Warrior Race Cars or are they just next door to each other?

I'll take bets of any amount that this deal won't last through Speedweeks 2020. Anyone remember Jimmy's season with Custom under the hood? I think it was 2016?

Dumb question for those in the know. Does Custom Race Engines share the same building as Warrior Race Cars or are they just next door to each other?
    They do share the same building, and I'm pretty sure Sanford owns it and they lease their side from him. That's what I was told, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    I'll take bets of any amount that this deal won't last through Speedweeks 2020. Anyone remember Jimmy's season with Custom under the hood? I think it was 2016?
    I think there is a fair chance you are right. But Custom engines will not be the weak link.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    I think there is a fair chance you are right. But Custom engines will not be the weak link.
    Definitely not, they’ve been winning so many races lately, surely they won’t be the weak link. Jesus......
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Custom is new to the Ford game. Already built a winning piece for Charlotte. They never forgot how to build an engine. Unpopularity does not equal ineptitude.

I don't see it as Scot going to a superior engine builder. I suspect Custom is giving Scott a deal he can't refuse financially to put them back in the spotlight.
    I remember when Scott jumped on board with Andy Durham. He was the first and now look how many are running his stuff.
    By making Scott the poster child for Custom Engines, they figure in time everybody will follow suit.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I don't see it as Scot going to a superior engine builder. I suspect Custom is giving Scott a deal he can't refuse financially to put them back in the spotlight.I remember when Scott jumped on board with Andy Durham. He was the first and now look how many are running his stuff.By making Scott the poster child for Custom Engines, they figure in time everybody will follow suit.
    No one claimed it was an upgrade. It is just as you describe. A business deal with a competent company.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    Custom is new to the Ford game. Already built a winning piece for Charlotte. They never forgot how to build an engine. Unpopularity does not equal ineptitude.
    No one said it did. But when the owner comes out and says I haven’t been there, I got lazy, behind on technology, you tend to lose customers.

No one said it did. But when the owner comes out and says I haven’t been there, I got lazy, behind on technology, you tend to lose customers
    Exactly. I really hope the best for them, but unless there has been a miraculous change in the last few months, I doubt it. Where did you hear that quote, by chance? I heard it 4 years ago, so if it's still being said... Well, you can deduce my thoughts from there.

Was in the DoD article. Scott made him promise he was 100% committed to doing this and Larry said he was all in. Larry will be with him in AS and him or his son will be out on the road with him during the season. Sounded like Larry was wanting to get back on top one more time.