Default Tandem pump pulley question.

I have an 18 tooth Gilmer style one piece flywheel. The KSE Tandem pump I have has a 40 tooth HTD style pulley... obviously that won't work.

My question is what should the ratio be between the pump and flywheel or how many teeth on the pump pulley? I will be using the 18T flywheel....

Thanks.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I have an 18 tooth Gilmer style one piece flywheel. The KSE Tandem pump I have has a 40 tooth HTD style pulley... obviously that won't work.

My question is what should the ratio be between the pump and flywheel or how many teeth on the pump pulley? I will be using the 18T flywheel....

Thanks.
    I'd say a 32 tooth upper, typically they are ran around 56% crank speed with the std 22/40 pulleys

I generally start at 2:1 , but i have had to speed the pump up because of lower rpm drop in turn......

Thanks guys... This is an older pump with some wear so I may speed it up a bit. My first go around with this style pump so your input is appreciated.
    Class of 2019

Thanks guys... This is an older pump with some wear so I may speed it up a bit. My first go around with this style pump so your input is appreciated.
    If it's the old style black and gold pump get a seal kit and re seal it. also while you have it apart grind a small groove in the insulating plate between the two pump bodies otherwise when it leaks and it will ! it will pump all your power steering fluid into your fuel.

I wouldn't try to over think it. the efficiency loss of a old/ worn pump is probably not a factor this kind of pump either works or it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    If it's the old style black and gold pump get a seal kit and re seal it. also while you have it apart grind a small groove in the insulating plate between the two pump bodies otherwise when it leaks and it will ! it will pump all your power steering fluid into your fuel.
    I have a seal kit.

You're saying the groove will allow a controlled leak and relieve pressure that otherwise will get into the fuel?
    Class of 2019

I wouldn't try to over think it. the efficiency loss of a old/ worn pump is probably not a factor this kind of pump either works or it doesn't
    It has a few very light scratches in the pump in the area around the rotors... I can catch a finger nail on them but they are pretty light.
    Class of 2019

Found a 32T pulley...
    Class of 2019

It has a few very light scratches in the pump in the area around the rotors... I can catch a finger nail on them but they are pretty light.
    Most pumps oil or fuel usually have some light scratches im them. Typically nothing to worry about. Especially if it's ever been run with alcohol. The alcohol dries up and leaves a sand line residue that is hard on the pumps

Most pumps oil or fuel usually have some light scratches im them. Typically nothing to worry about. Especially if it's ever been run with alcohol. The alcohol dries up and leaves a sand line residue that is hard on the pumps
    Thanks.....
    Class of 2019