Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    North Fla Speedway will be starting a new Northern Modified sportsman division (602) during their Speedweeks events....... God help us!
    Guessing you mean BB modified style with crate motors? They run them in Ohio and East.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Guessing you mean BB modified style with crate motors? They run them in Ohio and East.
    Those cars look cool, but that exhaust sound though! Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    My favorites in big blocks growing up were Ray Bateman Jr. (RIP), CD Coville, Doug Hoffman (RIP) and Jack Johnson. In my youth my dad and I crewed for Freddie Orchard (RIP) for a couple years, and then on the Romeo 44jr, mostly during the Hoffman years at Flemington.

Then is must have been the asphalt years....

Retired Pipefitter local 597. Been going to stock car races since the mid 50’s. My dad was a car builder. I’ve managed to see the World 100 40 consecutive years beginning in 1979. Traveling, playing more music, sitting in with different band friends, a little writing here and there. Also, first and foremost, flagging stock car racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich down South View Post
    Then is must have been the asphalt years....
    Yes it was. We helped Freddie when it was still dirt.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Yes it was. We helped Freddie when it was still dirt.
    Cool, I remember Fred back to his rookie days. #406. He had moved to Late Model after the blacktop was layed down. He was a staple at the square for virtually the entire time I attended that track. I think I even remember him getting his only or one of very few BB wins in a twin or triple 20 show. God I miss that place!

38 years old, I live outside of Eldora Speedway. I've been happily married for 16 years and my wife and I have 5 daughters. 14, 12, 10, 4 and 1. The 12, 10 and 4 year old love going to the races with me. My passion for dirt racing came from me racing motocross back in the 90's. I used to follow the AMA flat track series (Still do) and I went to Eldroa when they raced their a few times and got familiar with Eldora. That's when I started visiting the Big E more often. I am now a regular at almost every race held at the track and especially enjoy the LM's as that's what I follow from the WoO's to the Lucas. I still travel to watch the late models at Oakshade, Attica, Florence, Lawrenceburg when time allows. I also enjoy watching and traveling to Supercross races in the winter. If you are ever bored in the winter on a Saturday night in January / February I'd highly recommend watching Supercross on NBCSN. Unfortunately, when the races are on the west coast the races don't start until 10:00. Exciting racing and watching dirt fly! I've worked as an operations manager at an electrical distributor since graduating HS.

40 yrs old married 17 years 5 children.. Ex Navy(3 yrs) currently work in auto industry(17 years) with family/work I don't get to the track near enough as I'd like.. My early days of DLM grooming started at Santa Fe(still remember those bees at the bottom hanging out by the trashcans) as a little kid you asked yourself was going to the concession stand for pop/candy worth a bee sting,well of course it was... Kankakee in the 80's was the place to be and the place holds a big part of my DLM love,unfortunately won't go back until things change there(fair board)

As the kids get older they take turns going with me to the track.. Hate to say but good grades and chores completed are incentives for them to go to races & it's working..

Pretty boring but that's what I got

80 year old red neck from Alabama, married for 54 year to Miss Judy (RN), we have a 48 year old daughter and now enjoy the retirement life.

I attended my first dirt race in 1951 at the fair grounds in Birmingham...My last race was the ICE BOWL this past Sunday... I plan to attend East Bay for the Lucas oil races Wed-Sat this year...

I have traveled all over the south watching some of the best racing in the country, my most memorial race was watching Freddy Smith win the Lucas Oil race at NAS, his last win at my all time favorite track... The 3 races I look forward to now is the North/South, Lucas Oil at the Magnolia Speedway, Columbus, MS and Easy Bay... The best part of the racing over years are the friends I have made, priceless...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

d-glenn are you going to the North/South this year?

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    80 year old red neck from Alabama, married for 54 year to Miss Judy (RN), we have a 48 year old daughter and now enjoy the retirement life.

I attended my first dirt race in 1951 at the fair grounds in Birmingham...My last race was the ICE BOWL this past Sunday... I plan to attend East Bay for the Lucas oil races Wed-Sat this year...

I have traveled all over the south watching some of the best racing in the country, my most memorial race was watching Freddy Smith win the Lucas Oil race at NAS, his last win at my all time favorite track... The 3 races I look forward to now is the North/South, Lucas Oil at the Magnolia Speedway, Columbus, MS and Easy Bay... The best part of the racing over years are the friends I have made, priceless...
    Think I’m gonna ease down to east bay for Friday and Saturday shows. Been a few years since I been to the Clay by the bay. I’ll look you up.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    d-glenn are you going to the North/South this year?
    Yes, we will be there...Hate I missed you this past year...The N/S has became my favorite race...

dirt crow look me up, will be in the campgrounds, Wednesday thru Saturday...We always sit about 10 rows up on the left off the first aisle...

dirt crow look me up, will be in the campgrounds, Wednesday thru Saturday...We always sit about 10 rows up on the left off the first aisle...
    Will do. Safe travels.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Yes, we will be there...Hate I missed you this past year...The N/S has became my favorite race...
    Got your tickets yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Got your tickets yet???
    No, I always buy them at the track along with pit passes...

No, I always buy them at the track along with pit passes...
    Do you sit on the backstretch grandstands? I'll be looking for you.

46 years old been married 20 years got a son age 17 and daughter age 12 live in North Ms almost on the Tn state line. Worked as a forklift operator for almost 20 years then had a 4 wheeler accident that broke my back and didn't even know it for years until I got to where I could barely walk. Took a few years off to get my health straightened out or at least to where I can do a little something when the arthritis and pain will let me got a good little part time job now with a construction/pipeline company as a equipment spotter. None of my family probably even knew what a race car was so I took up going to the races around north Ms and the north Alabama track because there was nothing else in Ms to do except watch grass grow or count pine cones and got addicted to dirt racing as a fan never got involved in actual racing other than bench racing. Don't really have a hometrack that we attend regular other than a couple bigger events at North Alabama and the Lucas race & Cotton Pickin at Magnolia but last few years have developed a passion for traveling the country to tracks I've never been too try to attend 2-3 new tracks each year. Favorite driver is Marlar and Owens but also root for Breazeale, Cook and Buckingham. If any of y'all ever see a 250 pounder with a ponytail and looks lost as a blind goose in a hailstorm it's probably me so stop me and say hello.

This thread is so cool. It reminds me of how the old 4m gatherings used to be. I met probably 50-60 4mers back then. Sadly, most of them stopped posting because of what 4m turned into. Many of the interesting posters in this thread, rarely post — that sucks. It’s just different now. It’s better than it was a few months ago, but not what it used to be. And that’s sad.

Who here as a youngster lived for Fri or Sat night at your local track? I know I did it was a big part of my life I'm sure for others as well....