Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    May not agree on much, but thanks for your service. Were you a pilot? What kinda dogs did ya breed?
    No pilot here. A airframes / hydraulic troubleshooter and OTJ TRAINING instructor. Our Squadron was the precursor to Top GUN. BREAD BULLDOGS. Biggest claim to fame was winning Best of Breed at Westminster, Madison square garden. I also sold the dog that played in the movie, Mr Magoo with Steve Martin. He was in the Emitt Smith commercials also.

49 years old, grew up in southeast Iowa, moved south in early 90's (Charlotte area). Father raced but I also got to travel with Johnny Johnson as a kid, became big fan of the whole NDRA group. Started racing late models when I was 16, still ran 5 races in 2018; spend more time racing karts with my oldest daughter these days. Employed for the last 16 years at an automotive technical school. Lucky to have gotten to race over such a long period (ran with Sanger, Dake, Webb, D Birkofer etc. when I started all the way through Combs, Swartz, Johnson, Bloomquist to Davenport, Overton, and on. 2013 was the only year I did not race a late model (though I did test one) from 1986 to the present. First job was selling the Hawkeye Racing News at the racetracks (and I can tell you some stories about fans during those times). Like most, preferred the 'super' late models but had some success in crates. Still enjoy it just have let myself fall behind the times....

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    No pilot here. A airframes / hydraulic troubleshooter and OTJ TRAINING instructor. Our Squadron was the precursor to Top GUN. BREAD BULLDOGS. Biggest claim to fame was winning Best of Breed at Westminster, Madison square garden. I also sold the dog that played in the movie, Mr Magoo with Steve Martin. He was in the Emitt Smith commercials also.
    Gotcha on the Air Force position you had. Would still be cool.

That’s some pretty good bragging rights though. Not many can say that. Have a good New Year Bubstr.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Tony Musolino, I'm 33, work as a commercial carpenter and from a town near Pittsburgh, PA. I been driving super late models for quite a while and competed on 20 dirt tracks overall. Our race team was always budget limited and always had a family friend build our motors and mostly had chassis that were a few years old. One chassis we purchased at a desperate time, the chassis was sitting outside a guy's garage with dirt in the driver's compartment that actually had weeds growing in it (not illegal weeds). That chassis won us two Hillbilly 50 heat races at Tyler County and one Fall Fest heat race at Challenger Raceway.

Overall my team and I won 20 heat/feature races (mostly heat races). We won either a heat or feature at Pennsylvania Motor Speedway, Marion Center Speedway, Tyler County, Lernerville, I-77 Raceway and Challenger Raceway. Our first trip to Eldora for the Appleseed in 2014 we were fastest in our hot laps and were in the transfer spot in the heat until another car bumped us into the wall. We also qualified top-ten out of 28 cars in our group for the Firecracker at Lernerville a few years ago. Not big accomplishments, but for our position I'm proud of those moments in a highly competitive area.

We lost the garage last year that we rented for 14 years and the costs of super lates forced us to sell out our super late model program. I'm teaming up with a crate late model car owner for 2019 and looking forward to have plenty of fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by musolino21; 01-02-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by musolino21 View Post
    Tony Musolino, I'm 33, work as a commercial carpenter and from a town near Pittsburgh, PA. I been driving super late models for quite a while and competed on 20 dirt tracks overall. Our race team was always budget limited and always had a family friend build our motors and mostly had chassis that were a few years old. One chassis we purchased at a desperate time, the chassis was sitting outside a guy's garage with dirt in the driver's compartment that actually had weeds growing in it (not illegal weeds). That chassis won two Hillbilly 50 heat races at Tyler County and one Fall Fest heat race at Challenger Raceway.

Overall my team and I won 20 heat/feature races (mostly heat races). We won either a heat or feature at Pennsylvania Motor Speedway, Marion Center Speedway, Tyler County, Lernerville, I-77 Raceway and Challenger Raceway. Our first trip to Eldora for the Appleseed in 2014 we were fastest in our hot laps and were in the transfer spot in the heat until another car bumped us into the wall. We also qualified top-ten out of 28 cars in our group for the Firecracker at Lernerville a few years ago. Not big accomplishments, but for our position I'm proud of those moments in a highly competitive area.

We lost the garage last year that we rented for 14 years and the costs of super lates forced us to sell out our super late model program. I'm teaming up with a crate late model car owner for 2019 and looking forward to have plenty of fun.

I remember you running at Tyler County, wondered what had happened to ya. Good luck with everything this coming year!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I remember you running at Tyler County, wondered what had happened to ya. Good luck with everything this coming year!
    Thanks Pennsboro23

Born and raised in Chicago. I now live near Joliet (I can see Chicagoland and Route 66 speedways from the end of my block.) I make the long commute to downtown Chicago everyday and work as an Engineering Tech. We do civil design work for O'Hare Airport and the Illinois Tollway. Grew up going to Santa Fe and Raceway Park (asphalt), both now closed. I've been to almost 50 tracks, mostly in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana.

hey Bubstr , thanks for you service and your love for our canine friends , as of now , you are our most Sr. member at 75 , thats great.........

I'm old...

Next...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

i see you have not spilled the beans on yourself yet krooser , go ahead and inform us , inquiring minds want to know.......

Turned my first laps in a '46 Ford coupe (jalopy) in 1957 at 15 years old. Still drive a few races each year but mostly do the work on them and pay the bills and enjoy watching my son wheel it. He's better than I was but don't tell him I said that.

I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

38 years old, a great wife and 1 teenage daughter. I work for a telephone company. I'm from Northern Kentucky, and spent most of my life at Florence Speedway. My dad started racing when I was 7 years old, and up until I had a kid of my own, I seldom missed a weekend. Now that my daughter is playing travel volleyball, I don't get to many shows to watch my little brother race.

I did a lot of work helping my dad build his cars. He never had very much money, and seldom experienced any success. He raced for (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near 28 years before hanging it up, and only won 6 races his entire career, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It taught me a lot about dealing with what you had, getting creative with what you could, and taking pride in what you built.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I'm 75 and have been going to races or wrenching on them since 1950. In the 80s I got into showing and breeding dogs, with some success. It was a wife deal. Building a dog is like building a car, except it takes 5 years to replace a camshaft. I always went to watch and keep up with what was going on with the late models till now. My health has me on a very short leash now, called an oxygen hose. I have met a lot of good people at races and really miss them. I was a Nam Vet from 64 to 68 USN Fighter Squadron VF101 Grim Reapers.
    Thank you for your service and I am one that happens to agree with a lot of your opinions. Your insight and perceptions into dirt racing and racing in general as well as political issues are well appreciated by me and others I'm sure. Best wishes for the new year bubstr....

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I'm old...

Next...
    Wow!! Can't top that one!!!!

26 years old, I have a girl friend of 5 years. Only kids that i know of are our 3 dogs. Originally from Cortez, Co (out in the middle of nowhere). My dad raced when i was young and my grandpa was his crew chief. My dad got out of racing in the early 2000's but got back into it about 8 years ago. Beating him consistently was one of the highlights of my career. I started racing when i was 6 in go carts then worked my why through quarter midgets, mini stocks, hobby stocks, street stocks, sport mods, and modifieds. Ive won a few track championships and a state championship while i was running out west. I worked a lot of hours while i was in highschool to help fund my racing addiction. Im an engineer and moved to Indiana for the job. Started my own team out here from scratch, I now have a latemodel that I race when im not traveling for work.Ive always been around race cars, its been my passion and obsession since i could hold a tire gauge. My girlfriend really enjoys going to the track with me, im pretty sure she gets more excited than I do. I find it quite hilarious watching a curly hair girl bouncing around the car barking out orders while her hair and tools are flying. Ive got a buddy that lets me keep my car in his shop, I do all my own work, and we may or may not drink lots of busch light in the process. The three of us are a rag tag group but we have a great time and have made lots of memories thus far.

I've read every story on here, and each one of them are awesome. From the old dogs, to the young pups just getting started..its pretty cool to see the different, yet similar paths we have all taken to be a part of this sport.

Default Bubstr

From a grateful civilian thank you for your service. I was a few years after you and was in the first draft when it was re-instituted. Was never drafted, have great respect for those that served during that difficult time.
    I hate time trials.

73 years old and still like this crap after 68 years of Involvement with the sport. My father raced, My brother and I raced and I now have a son that races mods. My favorite track has been Cedar Lake since it opened in 62. I am an Army Veteran and a Registered Land Surveyor. I have been retired from the US Army Corps of Engineers since 2004.
    Last edited by Mud; 01-02-2019 at 08:57 PM.

37 years old married with 2 boys ages 14 and 9 I work at Timken here in town got the bug from my uncle when i was 13 and never looked back I live in Gaffney SC and go to Cherokee just about every week until I got married and had kids now i don't get to go to much due to boys playing ball and the honey do list lol I have been to Eldora twice Thunder Valley Speedway in Lawndale NC back when it was up and running i miss that place something serious it was a great track. I started helping a buddy of mine with his 4 cylinder car for a year that was a blast

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Wow!! Can't top that one!!!!
    I was born a poor black child....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019