Default For anybody that was curious

I did post some in-car footage of some laps I turned at the old Lonesome Pine Speedway, heres the link

https://youtu.be/gkphNTtDgQU

Nice. But I wouldn’t want to be running low coming out of 2 or 4.

Looks nice, very well lit. Is it a half mile? Looks like an old horse track or something (minus the banking of course)...at least with the inside guard rail.

Recent??????
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I have a pile of lower control arms & spindles for that car cheap if interested!

We tested there, late october.

It was an asphalt track and they put dirt on it during the summer. They say its a true NASCAR 3/8 ), which from what i can gather its measured through the middle

It had a rut going into 1 and turns 3 and 4 had marbles all over it and we never could blow it off.

Track is extremely well lit. Agreed about the inside walls, somebody’s gonna get hurt if they don’t fix that in a hurry. Best of luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Looks nice, very well lit. Is it a half mile? Looks like an old horse track or something (minus the banking of course)...at least with the inside guard rail.
    It was a 3/8 mi. asphalt track that ran one of the NASCAR classes back in the day. I used to attend races there while growing up in East KY.

Stuff is always remembered better than it really was, but I always enjoyed the racing there. Seemed like a good facility to me.

What is a "true NASCAR 3/8."

My local dirt track ran on Fridays, so I was able to attend quite a few races there, I used to spot for my friend that ran street stocks.

Over the years dirt racing has grown old for me and i've enjoyed the asphalt stuff a little more. Hated to see dirt go on it. But its 30 minutes from the house opposed to dring 1.5 hours to 201 or 2.5 to prp or 2 to richmond.

From what the promoter told me, the track was measured in the middle of the racing surface. Apparently NASCAR measured it that way back in the day when it was NASCAR sanctioned and they deemed it to be a 3/8 mile race track. So his words (not mine) was that it is a true NASCAR 3/8 mile.