Default 2019 dirt car nationals at volusia

Until Tom Deery tells the fans what the series of issues are that are preventing the new bleacher from being completed by the 2019 events, I am not buying the lame excuse given.

The construction work was started in September. That is almost 5 full months. No track has EVER taken that long.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time. But you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

I think there are BIG PROBLEMS going on at Volusia and that the new bleacher will prolly never happen. I hope that I am wrong but I do not like it.

Who knows, maybe they are getting ready to sell it or worse yet maybe this is the beginning of the end of the WRG...

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Who knows, maybe they are getting ready to sell it or worse yet maybe this is the beginning of the end of the WRG...
    The dooms day stuff seems pretty unlikely. More likely they tried to cut some kind of corners and the county or state or someone wouldn't grant permits and use of the erection. Permits and/or inspection can be timely and maybe there was no guarantee they'd have all those in place in time to open and use the stands in Feb.

I have no actual clue... but it's the more likely scenario.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    The dooms day stuff seems pretty unlikely. More likely they tried to cut some kind of corners and the county or state or someone wouldn't grant permits and use of the erection. Permits and/or inspection can be timely and maybe there was no guarantee they'd have all those in place in time to open and use the stands in Feb.

I have no actual clue... but it's the more likely scenario.
    Thanks for your opinion. That,s what 4M is all about.

But I think if it was only a permit or inspection problem, Deery should or would of told the paying fans that these were the problems but he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. That,s what 4M is all about.

But I think if it was only a permit or inspection problem, Deery should or would of told the paying fans that these were the problems but he did not.
    I wouldn't freely admit to cutting corners. I'd too love to know what the real story is. I wasn't going to be buying tickets anyway... but I sure wouldn't now for this Speedweeks.
    "The Wise One"

This is another example of the race fan getting raw end of the deal. I have had top row reserved seats at dirt car Nationals for years. They propose this new bleacher deal, I elect to stay with my top row seats. They sell the new premium seats for $$$. Since they are not complete, they give the new premium seats buyers the top row seats, and move the previous top row ticket holders to lower rows. What a fiasco! No reduction in ticket prices, no nothing, like it or leave it. Race fans may need to start sticking together and letting their voices be heard! JMO