Default Driver owned touring LM teams

The Bloomquist engine thread made me look at final points for both WOO and Lucas series from both 2008 and 2018. Is it going to be more and more difficult for teams owned by the driver to stay on the circuit and be competitive? Would seem so. Driver owned teams are few and far between in top 10-15 points, less so than 2008. Not really a surprise but kinda disturbing nonetheless, if we hit another recession the fair weather funds of big budget non-driving owners could dry up.
    I hate time trials.

It's always been that way at least back to the 60 an 70s I would say when the feature lined up at least half the field or ore was not owed by the driver An they raced on a percentage usually between 40 an 50 percent.

I agree somewhat, I'd like it more if there were more owner/drivers too. My local tracks in the 80's(7 Flags, Dixie, Rome) we had super late model on the card every week back then. Prolly 18 cars for a regular show, but back then there really was only 1 car at those 3 tracks that wasn't an owner/driver situation and that was Stan Massey in the Days Chevrolet car. He kept the car up himself, but Days owned and funded it. Everybody else were owner/drivers and I think that helped keep cost more contained. Later in the 90's another guy was an owner driver, but he outspent everyone because he was trafficking dope. #81 Granger Howell, then he got busted at the shootout and went to the big house.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive