Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

10 classes seriously? Thanks for the warning I will never attend that's just stupid.

Yep, would be a shame to go to a race track and see too much racing.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

10 is ridiculously too much however you want to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    10 is ridiculously too much however you want to spin it.
    Depends if you just want to watch the class that you want to watch and go home or if you want to watch as much racing as possible.

No spin needed to make that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Depends if you just want to watch the class that you want to watch and go home or if you want to watch as much racing as possible.No spin needed to make that statement.
    National 100 is now 50 laps for $10,000 to win. That may keep some guys away. Not enough money to justify the time you will be there. Went to the open practice he had yesterday. Track was very wet from all the rain we have had but stayed together suprisingly well. Had one hole going into turn one but that was it. I agree, too many classes.

Quote Originally Posted by race14 View Post
    10 classes seriously? Thanks for the warning I will never attend that's just stupid.
    They don’t call it the 72 Hours of EAMS for nothin’. They run everything but golf carts and hovarounds. Only now, with the 2018 cancel it’s more like the 72 Days of EAMS...
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by JM15 View Post
    National 100 is now 50 laps for $10,000 to win. That may keep some guys away. Not enough money to justify the time you will be there. Went to the open practice he had yesterday. Track was very wet from all the rain we have had but stayed together suprisingly well. Had one hole going into turn one but that was it. I agree, too many classes.
    I wonder if admission prices have been reduced with the reduced purse?

We all love racing. But seriously, 5 or 6 of those classes could be combined into 2 classes. It seems like a thinly veiled ploy to maximize the back gate take to pay for the Supers.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    We all love racing. But seriously, 5 or 6 of those classes could be combined into 2 classes. It seems like a thinly veiled ploy to maximize the back gate take to pay for the Supers.
    I understand if you are mad about that aspect of it and feel like the business end of all that comes across a little shady.......or if the track just isn't capable of moving the show along , but to say it's too much racing just because all some people want to do is to come and watch late models and then go home is just crazy talk.

Apparently some love racing " the sport" more than others.

If they can't handle ten classes and move the show along to keep everyone interested then they shouldn't have that many, but to just say it's too many classes just because they aren't all late models is pretty hypocritical considering " we all love racing".

I understand if you are mad about that aspect of it and feel like the business end of all that comes across a little shady.......or if the track just isn't capable of moving the show along , but to say it's too much racing just because all some people want to do is to come and watch late models and then go home is just crazy talk.

If they can't handle ten classes and move the show along to keep everyone interested then they shouldn't have that many, but to just say it's too many classes just because they aren't all late models is pretty hypocritical considering " we all love racing".
    Your in the minority. 10 in too many. But don’t worry. I’ve been in the minority many times. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Two classes of hot shots is two too many for me. I love to watch good dirt track racing no matter what class (except hot shots) but the biggest problem at EAMS is time management. The racing is not bad most of the time.
    Last edited by JM15; 01-14-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Default Being the minority

I'm totally good with it.

And instead of whining about too many classes before the race is even run, if I get tired , cold or bored while at the track ......I just go home or back to the RV.

I'm totally good with it.

And instead of whining about too many classes before the race is even run, if I get tired , cold or bored while at the track ......I just go home or back to the RV.
    In my 30 plus years of going to dirt races, with 5 plus classes at a event, i’ve earned the right to whine / complain / speak out against it. But if somebody enjoys it, by all means enjoy. Have a good time.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Default I think we have all earned the right to voice an opinion

I just happen to enjoy too much racing versus too little of it....everyone is different.

Maybe add two or three more classes?????

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Maybe add two or three more classes?????
    Sure, why not??

But only if they aren't those ucars that speed around in circles with secret data collecting devices that are able to listen in on your cell phone or transmit secret messages back to the motherland by using the baked potato setting on the microwave.

Those are the guys you have to watch out for when the class count goes over 4......they are up to no good I tell ya.

Geez, dude, just admit the obvious for once instead of typing 50 contrarian posts in one thread. This is a soper late model forum. Most of us here love that class over everything else. A couple other strong support classes is necessary, and I enjoy them. But 10 classes — when most of your fans are there to see the supers — is a joke. I know it, you know it ... we all know it. We all want more racing, but this isn’t the way to do it.

I like more racing than I do less racing......simple as that.

I didn't know that 4m was just about being a forum for supers, somebody may want to let the owners know so they can delete all the rest of it.

If you don't want to go to eams because it's got too many classes for your liking then just don't go, but to get on here and act all outraged because it doesn't fit your agenda of what you think the racing should be and then to announce to everyone that you and your group won't be going because of it is very Facebookish.

I'm not real sure that you or your group is so important that anyone cares.

Don't want to go, don't....again, simple as that.

I like more racing than I do less racing......simple as that.

I didn't know that 4m was just about being a forum for supers, somebody may want to let the owners know so they can delete all the rest of it.

If you don't want to go to eams because it's got too many classes for your liking then just don't go, but to get on here and act all outraged because it doesn't fit your agenda of what you think the racing should be and then to announce to everyone that you and your group won't be going because of it is very Facebookish.

I'm not real sure that you or your group is so important that anyone cares.

Don't want to go, don't....again, simple as that.
    Somebody might want to inform this guy that 4m has multiple boards for many different classes.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Somebody might want to inform this guy that 4m has multiple boards for many different classes.
    Similar to how someone should inform you that 4 m itself is the message board which has multiple forums with different sections in them.

since this section is solely for super lates as you suggest and using the same logic , shouldn't you be whining about too many support classes in those other sections that pertain to the classes that you don't want to see??

If you're going to scold me at least get it correct.......Or am I just being contrary?