Default OPEN or CLOSED ROOF SAILS?

Any thoughts on open or closed roof sail panels on Dirt Late Model?

It depends on the track. If your on a stop and go you may want them closed as to direct the air directly to the rear spoiler. A track where you stay in the corner longer or the car stays more sideways longer can benefit from it being open.

Open right and closed left should provide the most down/side force.
    Josh K.

Quote Originally Posted by fast_crew View Post
    Open right and closed left should provide the most down/side force.
    And is almost always illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    And is almost always illegal.
    Can't worry about the small stuff. But if it says if one is open or has a hole then the other must also, but doesn't say the holes have to be the same size... make the right big as possible and the left side, drill a 4 inch hole with a hole saw.

I have ran them both ways. Just can't decide which theory makes more sense. When I have ran car topless car is tighter and has more traction. Makes me think open sails would be better? My chassis builder says run closed and has a good point on why. Wants right sail to be as straight upright as possible closed to act like a side board of sorts. Then I see Rocket, Longhorn ect all running them open? I'm sure these other chassis builders have put time into this. Just looking for any info to prove on way over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    Can't worry about the small stuff. But if it says if one is open or has a hole then the other must also, but doesn't say the holes have to be the same size... make the right big as possible and the left side, drill a 4 inch hole with a hole saw.
    Usually it says same size.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP DAWH View Post
    I have ran them both ways. Just can't decide which theory makes more sense. When I have ran car topless car is tighter and has more traction. Makes me think open sails would be better? My chassis builder says run closed and has a good point on why. Wants right sail to be as straight upright as possible closed to act like a side board of sorts. Then I see Rocket, Longhorn ect all running them open? I'm sure these other chassis builders have put time into this. Just looking for any info to prove on way over the other.
    The car is always yawed. That air coming from the side won't hit the spoiler unless there is a hole.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1