Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Help Me Decide!!

My brother and I are thinking of crossing off either Knoxville Late Model Nationals, or the World Finals from our bucket list this year. Due to the $$$ and travel required, we just cant do both.

I'm asking for any insight for folks who have been..(to both preferably).

I know Charlotte has 3 classes. But it seems Knoxville always has great racing. Any input appreciated!

K Ville with out a doubt. Top 1/2 in the country by a long shot.

Both are good but I would do the WORLD FINALS. It's the best trip I've ever taken.

Haven't been to Knoxville but really want to go. I go to charlotte every year and it's a great event but if your not a sprint car and mod fan it can be a long three days. If you like all three it's a really long three days lol

Been to both and I’d do Knoxville without a doubt if I had to pick between the two of them.

Last year was my first trip to Knoxville, and I was blown away by the quality of the racing and the racing surface. I walked the track and felt it after the 100 lap A-main, and it was STILL cold and tacky.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Both are great races and you can't go wrong either way. Knoxville is the better track and it's no contest....but late models are 2nd fiddle out there. I haven't been in years, but when I was there the crowd was smaller and the atmosphere and camping is not as good as Charlotte.....Charlotte has great facilities and the place is packed, but the track is more dusty and nowhere near as good racing as Knoxville....but I'm not like a lot on this board because I love watching WOO sprints. That makes Charlotte even better to me. Sorry if I'm no help just trying to give you some pros and cons of each.

If I were choosing, I'd go to Knoxville.

Go to Knoxville. Not even close. The racing is much better at Knoxville and it’s hammer down. I’ve been there every year since 2010. Went once to Charlotte, and in my opinion it doesn’t compare to the racing at Knoxville.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Both are great races and you can't go wrong either way. Knoxville is the better track and it's no contest....but late models are 2nd fiddle out there. I haven't been in years, but when I was there the crowd was smaller and the atmosphere and camping is not as good as Charlotte.....Charlotte has great facilities and the place is packed, but the track is more dusty and nowhere near as good racing as Knoxville....but I'm not like a lot on this board because I love watching WOO sprints. That makes Charlotte even better to me. Sorry if I'm no help just trying to give you some pros and cons of each.
    You got to remember Knoxville holds way more people than Charlotte. So it seems like it’s not as full because of the amount of seats. Both facilities are great places to go. I think the racing is much better at Knoxville. JMO

Knoxville for the history and the museum.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Much better track and much better racing at Knoxville.

I faced this same decision last year and chose Knoxville. No regrets, the racing was great and I would chose september in Iowa over november in NC any day all day.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Fun Fact - Knoxville is the 3rd largest stadium in Iowa. 3rd to the Cyclones and Hawkeye football stadiums. So yes, it does appear not very full for the late models.

Crazy to think they basically sell the place out for the Sprint Car Nationals. Would be awesome if we could get enough people to need to use the backstretch seating for the late models.

Knoxville may have the best racing on a big track in the country. Adding the SLMR as a support class is a plus in my mind.
    I hate time trials.

No question in my mind, KNOXVILLE is the place to be. Racing is second to none. If you go once, you will go again . Just wish it wasnt 15 hrs from me, but I will be back.

hey if you can't decide(not sure I could either) go to both

I would go to world finals just for the bang for the buck you get. 3 races on Saturday at Knoxville stinks imo. Been to both

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I would go to world finals just for the bang for the buck you get. 3 races on Saturday at Knoxville stinks imo. Been to both
    It's 7 races now with the addition of SLMR.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Appreciate everyones input. Although it looks like the majority of you say Knoxville, my brother is a sprint car fan and is wanting to go to Charlotte i think. If he backs out, ill go on to Kville, but until then i will put it on the list for 2020.

TackyTracker, I would love too, but i dont wanna give up my annual World 100 trip with my friends.. and i only have so much money and vacation time at work. lol