Thread: Screven

Default Screven

Going to road trip to watch daytona 500 is Screven worth stoping to watch along the way?

YES Bring big coat cold sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by stewart fan View Post
    Going to road trip to watch daytona 500 is Screven worth stoping to watch along the way?
    The racing and the food will be much better at Screven.......without a doubt stop and treat yourself.

Some of the best racing in the southeast happens there.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The racing and the food will be much better at Screven.......without a doubt stop and treat yourself.

Some of the best racing in the southeast happens there.
    Pack for all scenarios. Could be mid 50s or 20 degrees but you never leave regretting that you came. Red the owner puts fans first its always fun to see what improvements he made during the year. I would put in the top 5 for racing and taking care of the fans

I must be missing something, people talk about the food at this place all the time. I got a burger that I think was keeping the ice cold in a cooler. The bun was hard as a rock. I asked for my money back or some hot food and this, I haven't missed a meal sized person, came out around from the kitchen and basically told me to kiss off. The track is fantastic. The racing is good. Pack a sleeping bag, they have no idea what a starting time is. When the lights come on, there in the infield, they shine right in your face and you can barely see the cars on the back straight away. When I left at 11:30 the heats were not completed. The front straight away stands had a total of 20 people, the pits stands had more, and what ever you do don't buy a 50/50 you ll never hear the number being called. Your correct. I will not go back. Run like a hillbilly back woods dump.

if you like racing its everywhere, 3 tracks will be going, just be ready to be there all day and you will be fine, the food is great but if you wait until later on its what ever is left

Your 30 mins from volusia speedway to Daytona ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

The racing at Screven can be really exciting when they get it right. That’s why we go.

I like volusia too, I've never seen a truly GREAT race there though( I know they have them)........seems like every time I go to Screven though I see a good or great one in some class or division.

I'm sure they have off nights , but in my dozen or so times I've been there it has yet to disappoint on the racing side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    if you like racing its everywhere, 3 tracks will be going, just be ready to be there all day and you will be fine, the food is great but if you wait until later on its what ever is left

Is the dragstrip running this year too? That will be pretty cool .

Going to volusia also lol, this is on the way for me,never been to volusia either did East bay several years ago .

Cool little track that can produce good racing but like someone posted above they have no idea what a start time is. If they say hot laps at 6 then it will be 8. Add two hours to whatever time they say and the excuse is always waiting on track to absorb the water. I dont see the hype about the food either. Most of it is Sysco or US Foods frozen stuff. They do have a big variety though. I will save my money for East Bay and Volusia so I know i will be out of there at a decent hour.

Incorrect. You haven't been lately. I did 4 events this year. All 4 started on time. We ran late twice, yes. Because we planned too much. These 2 races only have 4 total classes. Redd tries to please everybody and gets into trouble letting too many classes race. WoO is the 2nd feature both nights. The SCDRA guys are running for $14,000 to win also.

As far as the food sir - you come back, Call me or message me when you do. I will cover your tickets and your food. Everybody has an off night or something will miss the mark. But 99 times out 100 you will leave full and satisfied with a meal. Understand that the burgers, hot dogs and such are much like other tracks. But get the buffet food or a specialty like the pork chop sandwich.

Also for this event only the dirt track will be racing. Spreads the staff too thin when more are racing.

And I don;t care what anyone says Screven provides the best CONSISTENTLY good racing of Speedweeks. East Bay was close last year but still a little short.

Here is a little taste of some of the action.

https://www.facebook.com/bcollinsd5/...wMDM4NzE1NTkx/

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I must be missing something, people talk about the food at this place all the time. I got a burger that I think was keeping the ice cold in a cooler. The bun was hard as a rock. I asked for my money back or some hot food and this, I haven't missed a meal sized person, came out around from the kitchen and basically told me to kiss off. The track is fantastic. The racing is good. Pack a sleeping bag, they have no idea what a starting time is. When the lights come on, there in the infield, they shine right in your face and you can barely see the cars on the back straight away. When I left at 11:30 the heats were not completed. The front straight away stands had a total of 20 people, the pits stands had more, and what ever you do don't buy a 50/50 you ll never hear the number being called. Your correct. I will not go back. Run like a hillbilly back woods dump.
    Same here. I quit going years ago for the same reasons.

Ill take Eastbay, Volusia and Bubba over Screven every time. They're all within 4 hrs of me, so Ive been to all, many many times! (Ive only missed Eastbay 1 time in the last 22 years)

Ive went twice in the last couple years on the way to Volusia and loved it. 1st year i wasnt very prepared, was warm when i got there and was walking the pits in a t shirt and jeans. Once the sun went down i froze my azz off, even after making a trip to the car to grab a hoodie and a jacket. The next year i brought a heavier jacket, gloves, stocking cap and was still cold. Racing was always good, definitely ran late and i ended up leaving before the FWD features, but that was mainly bc i had already driven 10 or so hours to get there and still had to drive to the hotel in Daytona afterwards. I never did get to try the food, lines were always really long, but if i decide to make the trip to FL again this year ill definitely stop at Screven again.

Favorite Georgia track to attend during Speedweek. East Bay is my favorite FL track.