Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default First Florida trip advice ?

I believe that I will be heading south for the February races at Volusia and Bubba..Can some of you give me advice on where to stay and where to stay away from. Trying to figure out hotel/motel accommodations that are very affordable don't need luxury just clean and functionally safe....Wouldn't mind being closer to daytona beach area...
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Well unless you stay up around ocala, and even there it's not cheap, all the hotel's raise there prices during speedweeks.

Save your money and support your local tracks when they open

Cheap motels....Speedweeks...Tourist season........sorry, aint happenin!

Example......my daughter has a ball tournament next weekend in Daytona. We have an oceanfront room at the Hilton for $139 each nite. During Speedweeks, that room goes for $394 a nite!!!! Good luck!
    Last edited by ZERO25; 01-03-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Whats one of those little villas on Daytona Beach going for now days?..

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Well unless you stay up around ocala, and even there it's not cheap, all the hotel's raise there prices during speedweeks.
    Word of advice, don't say anything about changing the dates of Speedweeks!! To get away from Nascar and high prices! Some of the worst ones are still on here!! We have paid good $$ for some really rough places in the last few years! Hope we can stay away this year! Yet to be determined!! The National 100 may help or hurt that though!!

A trip to Florida speedweeks is well worth it. I don't think most of the Motel prices are that bad, other than in Daytona. A few years ago I stayed at the Highland Park Fish Camp in Deland. They have decent priced campsites and cabins. It's fairly close to Volusia and Daytona. You can also camp at Volusia for free if you are inclined to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by matdaddy View Post
    Save your money and support your local tracks when they open
    That may seem true but it's a treat to watch the best of the best down south.

I stayed in Daytona last year for 500... Got a condo thru air B&B. Wouldn't of went if I had to pay hotel prices down there.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    I believe that I will be heading south for the February races at Volusia and Bubba..Can some of you give me advice on where to stay and where to stay away from. Trying to figure out hotel/motel accommodations that are very affordable don't need luxury just clean and functionally safe....Wouldn't mind being closer to daytona beach area...
    You need to do something soon if you’re serious. Do your homework and look around on airb&b or the equivalent. Stay as far away from Daytona as is feasible for your situation and needs. Your going to get the best deals more towards the middle of the state if you can make that work. We’re set up in an airb&b home near Lake George and it will cost us right at $100.00 a night. You’re not going to get anything acceptable for much less. The airb&b deal allows for you to cook some of you meals at your place!

Get it done and have fun. Florida Speedweeks is like Christmas for us race fans. Money well spent!

I stay at the Tropic Shores in Daytona Beach Shores. It is a condo, most rooms are one bedrooms, the couch in the living room also makes a bed. Lots of common space to move around, has a large area for watching T.V.., etc.. Rates are not bad. Several good restaurants within a mile or so.

Thumbs up Clean & Inexpensive, the Dinner Bell Motel.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    We made our first speed weeks last year for the USAC races at Bubba. We stayed at the "Dinner Bell Motel" in Dunnellon. The price was right and it was clean enough and nice people. Was about 45 min from Bubba and traffic wasn't terrible, but steady. If you need a classy place go somewhere else, but if your demands and expectations aren't very high you could do worse than the "DBM". Our budget was thin so that's how we found it. We ended up having to leave 1 day early and they made no issue of it and refunded my money, which I didnt expect.

http://www.dunnellonmotels.com/
    Last edited by Highwayman; 01-06-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

I have not done any research but I want to believe you will have better luck getting affordable hotel rooms on the gulf side in Brandon for East Bay vs around Volusia.

There is nothing like getting out of the cold weather and going to florida for Speedweeks. We stay in the orlando area. Yeah its about an hour drive but we dont pay over 80 bucks a night and they are good hotels. We get up early amd drive to daytona for the day and then volusia at night.

You need to do something soon if you’re serious. Do your homework and look around on airb&b or the equivalent. Stay as far away from Daytona as is feasible for your situation and needs. Your going to get the best deals more towards the middle of the state if you can make that work. We’re set up in an airb&b home near Lake George and it will cost us right at $100.00 a night. You’re not going to get anything acceptable for much less. The airb&b deal allows for you to cook some of you meals at your place!

Get it done and have fun. Florida Speedweeks is like Christmas for us race fans. Money well spent!

What town CIRF?

I have spent many days fishing Lake George. We used to have a weekend house in the town of Astor. Theres plenty of fish camps in the area that have decent accommodations. Parramores has a nice campground as well.

I've stayed down on the beach early in the week up to maybe Wednesday in cheap motels for $42 or less in the past..the $42 was 4 years ago when the girlfriend came along..we almost grabbed a room across the street on beach side one of those nights for $65 but we waited too long...if you take hwy 40 straight east from Volusia speedway it dumps you at Ormond Beach, just north of Daytona..it's all pretty much the same area..from there you can roll south to cruise the beach..or North for that matter..there are some seaside motels I've priced at $65-$75 before in Ormond...there are small motels all along there..i'm sure the price goes thru the roof later in week..I've never even bothered to ask..we usually camp directly across from Volusia and meet a friend ..have fun !..late model week at Volusia is as good as it gets..all tickets are pit passes and the pits are fun !.. and watching from the infield is a unique experience

Were staying in st augestine beach for the winter …. Went thru air BnB ….Look for super host …...We ar an hour from Daytona & an hour from Volusia …. We love the beach and still get some dirt racing in the mix.... The only down side is its a 3 hour drive too East bay …. Rates are good over here compared to most areas this time of the year ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

ZERO25 What town CIRF?

I have spent many days fishing Lake George. We used to have a weekend house in the town of Astor. Theres plenty of fish camps in the area that have decent accommodations. Parramores has a nice campground as well.
    ZERO, we're set up at an airbnb home in Ft. McCoy. Sadly enough we won't be doing any fishing on Lake George but have high hopes to do plenty of fishing on Crescent Lake during the day and go racing in the evenings. We have friends who live on Crescent 6 months during the year and we fully intend to have them take us out fishing on Crescent as many times as weather will allow.

Our racing itinerary includes going to Ocala for the USAC National Midgets on Feb. 8th & 9th and the Lucas Oil Late Models on the 10th. We'll be going to Volusia for the late models and big blocks on Feb. 11th, 12th & 13th. We'll finish out Speedweeks back at Ocala for the USAC National Wingless 410 Sprint Cars on Feb. 14th, 15th & 16th.

We would suggest to anyone who is going to races in the Volusia/Ocala area to take a trip down to Blue Springs State Park near Orange City (OC is just south of Deland). Very nice and interesting place. If the weather is right you'll get to see Manatee in the spring run between where the springs come up out of the ground to the St. Johns River. Even if the manatee aren't there it's a great way to spend a day. It's worth your time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    We made our first speed weeks last year for the USAC races at Bubba. We stayed at the "Dinner Bell Motel" in Dunnellon. The price was right and it was clean enough and nice people. Was about 45 min from Bubba and traffic wasn't terrible, but steady. If you need a classy place go somewhere else, but if your demands and expectations aren't very high you could do worse than the "DBM". Our budget was thin so that's how we found it. We ended up having to leave 1 day early and they made no issue of it and refunded my money, which I didnt expect.

http://www.dunnellonmotels.com/
    HWM, are you going to Bubba again this year for the USAC events? We somehow missed running into ya'll down there last year.

Hope you can make it.

Seven some that looked reasonable in Orange City.About 20 miles south and20 miles east of Daytona. I camp.