Default BC / Shock mounts ?

I have noticed a change to some BC's on some cars, Longhorns and Black Diamonds mainly. There using a fixed mount on the bottom, its angled but still fixed. My question is, is your using a double swivel, and the bearing on the shock, isnt there a good chance to bind up when one cams over?

I have noticed this before when putting on a coil over assy, but once bolted on, and you smash the car a couple times they usually find there place. Anyway, i thought it was interesting to see the fixed mounts.

Thanks, Krom

Just say no...

Pic of the fixed mount.
    Last edited by Kromulous; 01-07-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Just say no...

Rockets twms were liked that for many years (may still be).

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Rockets twms were liked that for many years (may still be).
    Yes they are still the same

I thought they had to be fixed now, at least according to rules? I could be wrong though, but fixed seems to be the standard.

I ran into this problem. I can't run a bilstein shock because the retainer hits the mount and I can't find an extension for them that moves the coil over retainer away from the mount. I am going to order the swivel (hopefully they make one) and just hope it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I thought they had to be fixed now, at least according to rules? I could be wrong though, but fixed seems to be the standard.
    A literal interpretation of the rules would say yes. I don't think you really have to have them fixed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by A ron View Post
    I ran into this problem. I can't run a bilstein shock because the retainer hits the mount and I can't find an extension for them that moves the coil over retainer away from the mount. I am going to order the swivel (hopefully they make one) and just hope it's legal.
    I had that problem with my Bilstein lower spring cup. I switched it to a smaller one that I had from a universal coil over kit that I had from an old set of shocks. If you look around you can find a lower cup that doesn't have as much lip on it as the Bilstein kit.

The actual cup wasn't hitting. It was the retainer that held the cup, but I finally got an extended shock end to move the whole cup and spring up and away. But, I agree having those points is potential for binding and also makes it a pain to change shocks

Tader just had a video on a bunch of suspension topic and the lower mounts was one of them.

He advocates for a swivel mount.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019