Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leebo

Default Leebo

In Remembrance of Lee "Leebo" Kindred Lost a great friend 8 years ago. He loved this board and the friendships it created.
    RIP Lee and Bea

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    In Remembrance of Lee "Leebo" Kindred Lost a great friend 8 years ago. He loved this board and the friendships it created.
    RIP Lee and Bea
    RIP Leebo. The man LOVED Freddy Smith !

Shortly after I moved to Georgia five years ago, I made my first trip to Screven and made it a point to sit for a few minutes in the Leebo grandstand outside Turn One.

Replacing the banner this year. Trying to get it in time for Winter Freeze. Loved that guy even when I didn't like him. He and I had some debates back in the day. But somehow we managed to never call each other names, talk about the other's family or threaten the other violence.

he started 4m fantasy league...rest in peace

Leebo, a great guy... I met him at Atomic (TN), he put together a 4M breakfast meeting at The Dinner Bell and I rode from the track with him and Bea... Became friends after that...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

He was a fantastic guy and race fan. Glad I was able to meet him one day at The Gap.

Don't get on here much anymore but definitely touched my heart when I seen this. It was an honor and a pleasure to have known Lee. Hope you are doing well Phil and D-Glenn, miss you guys. Don't get to the track much anymore. D, drink a cold one for me and none of that Miller crap, LMAO!!! I first met Leebo at Charlotte years ago after a lot of Chit Chat on here. We became good friends and talked often. He told me he had never been to Eastbay but wanted to go so I got him a ticket for the week and he sit behind me and my wife. It was one of those killer Eastbay weeks with all the side by side and passing, cars coming from deep in the pack. Awesome racing, he kneed the crap out of me all week saying "Eric I don't know how much more of this I can take". It was a great week. I will never forget Leebo, still have his number to this day in my contact list. One of if not the greatest super late model fans that I have had the pleasure to have known along with Slick01. Another great man that Phil and myself had the pleasure to meet and call a friend. I will never forget the great times with great friends. Eric Davis.

Eric, hope all is well with you and your family. Same to you D-Glenn. I sure do miss Lee, Bea, Jeff and my other racing buddy Peri who passed away a few years ago. Like you Eric, I don't go to the races much anymore. Your'e right about Leebo and Eastbay, Leebo traveled great distances chasing dirt races but never went to East Bay till late in life. Thanks for getting him the tickets and seat, he loved every minute of it. He loved the racing, strawberry shortcake and friends. The last race I took him to was the Blue Grey at Gaffney, it was about 2am and he wanted to go to Norma's Truck Stop/Diner for the enormous hamburger, i think they called it the Cowboy Burger. We took the camper that weekend, on the way back to the track we noticed the turn one gate was open so we took a few laps around the track. He felt a lot like Freddy Smith when we passed under the flag stand. You're right great times with great friends.

RIP Leebo. We had several conversations back in the early days. Truly a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Replacing the banner this year. Trying to get it in time for Winter Freeze. Loved that guy even when I didn't like him. He and I had some debates back in the day. But somehow we managed to never call each other names, talk about the other's family or threaten the other violence.
    You and Red are fantastic for keeping the banner up! Leebo very much looked forward to attending the Winter Freeze in 2011. Unfortunately he passed away a few weeks before the event. Leebo's remembrance is only fitting at a dirt track, thanks for continuing his memory.

I know 4M ant been the same with OUT him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    I know 4M ant been the same with OUT him.
    So true, one of the greats...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

We have countless memories with Lee and Bea, Slick01 (Jeff), gorj, and so many others. We don't go as much as we used to, but we are thankful for the times that we get to go to the races. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Screven next weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Governor View Post
    We have countless memories with Lee and Bea, Slick01 (Jeff), gorj, and so many others. We don't go as much as we used to, but we are thankful for the times that we get to go to the races. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Screven next weekend!
    was always great time with lee and bea and Governor and pam at Cherokee - really miss the great times we had -

Kelley, Red, and Screven Motor Speedway, WOW ! You all have gone the extra mile ! Heartfelt appreciation for what y’all have done and the continued effort . I know y’all are busy planning the big race and to take the time out of your busy schedule says a lot. As mentioned in this post, the friendships that have formed over the years have been great. Lee enjoyed being at the track and spending time with friends just as much or more than watching the race. Again, can’t say thanks enough.

The banner looks great--I know Lee is smiling down from heaven.

Rogerdale--we sure did have some great times, didn't we? A lot of tracks would be thrilled to have the field that were at those regular Saturday night shows at Gaffney back then.

And now for a pressing question...Has Redd finalized the menu for Screven yet?

Awesome banner in memory of Leebo!!!