Default Anyone able to watch the Chili Bowl on LORTV on PC?

I went to watch the chili bowl on the computer and it says airs live at 6:30pm. Normally it changes to Live and green when the stream is live. It will not show live on multiple web browsers. Decided to check on my phone and it works fine. Anyone else having issues? Don't want to have to watch speed weeks on my phone or the glitchy Firestick app.

I’m able to watch the Tulsa shootout. Which is what’s on right now.

Mine is not working either

Not even working on the phone

Looks like they fixed it for the moment anyway on the PC. Tulsa shootout is what I was referring to.

It's on mav tv 730 central time

Waaaaayyyyy too much downtime and listening to Bob Dillner talk.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Waaaaayyyyy too much downtime and listening to Bob Dillner talk.
    Yep.....its tough to bring in new fans when you go 2 hrs past the regularly scheduled tv time.

Only us diehards will stay up to 1:30am to finish watching it!

It's the Chili Bowl. If you don't understand how this one single event is putting dirt racing on the map, I don't think anything will. Personally I love the fact that Tony and crew aren't letting TV dictate how things are run. This would be a totally different deal if that were the case. And those "non-diehards" that tuned in, most stayed til the end regardless and are now newborn race fans! If they aren't, they never were going to be in the first place!

Most of the time having a race program on TV drags the program out longer than it should be. In this case, it was just the opposite. That program could have been completed in a lot shorter time frame. The amount of time it took to run those last 5 races was totally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Most of the time having a race program on TV drags the program out longer than it should be. In this case, it was just the opposite. That program could have been completed in a lot shorter time frame. The amount of time it took to run those last 5 races was totally ridiculous.
    That's not my experience. TV usually dictates the flow of the show. It doesn't have any control over the Chili Bowl. If anyone remembers way back the Chili Bowl was on regular TV live and they eventually took it off because of the conflict with the event. Now though since it is such an event anyone choosing to broadcast it has to accept that the event lives on "Tulsa time" and fortunately for us Lucas Oil understands that.

Anyway, for anyone who couldn't stay up for it, here is a replay of it- The Saturday night portion of the show is up on Lucas Oil TV- https://lucasoilracing.tv/watch?v=4735485

Those of us who were there watching from the stands were rather unhappy, as well. The Chili Bowl has become such an iconic event that the pre-race schedule and protocol, such as the overhyped driver intro's and photo op with Emmett Hahn and the march of the state flags, has become mandatory regardless of time. In another thread I mentioned that there were 3 separate medical emergencies in the grandstands which contributed to the lateness, as well.

Going into the 2 C-mains they completely farmed the track. Grader's, sheep's foot, roterra and all. I don't remember them doing that extensive of a reset on track prep in years past. The problem they have is allowing enough time to run the alphabet soup starting at 10 AM with hot laps for the O-mains. Obviously it's impossible to accurately estimate the time it's going to take to go through the alphabet soup O thru D-mains. I reckon they allow more than adequate time to insure they're done by the time the show goes live on network TV.

I certainly hope they tweak things next year.
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-22-2019 at 12:50 PM.