Default Rayburn combo or Mastersbilt smackdown?

Hey guys. Been out of late model racing for 10 years, even wanting to get another one. Got a buddy that has a few cars for sale and I was wondering what one you think I should get. He's got a 2010 Rayburn combo car, and a 2012 Mastersbilt smackdown. Both cars haven't been raced very much. I just don't know which is better. Track I'm racing is a 3/8 mile slick semi banked track (Oakshade Raceway). I'd obviously rather have a rocket or something, but the price is right. Trading a UMP mod for one. Lol. Thanks for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by langdonracing48 View Post
    Hey guys. Been out of late model racing for 10 years, even wanting to get another one. Got a buddy that has a few cars for sale and I was wondering what one you think I should get. He's got a 2010 Rayburn combo car, and a 2012 Mastersbilt smackdown. Both cars haven't been raced very much. I just don't know which is better. Track I'm racing is a 3/8 mile slick semi banked track (Oakshade Raceway). I'd obviously rather have a rocket or something, but the price is right. Trading a UMP mod for one. Lol. Thanks for any input!
    I think the Rayburn is too old for the newer front end. Because of that, I would pick the Masters and put s7 spindles on it.

If your going to run Oakshade, the thing to do is talk to Rusty Schlenk about the Rayburn. He is not far from Oakshade and has gotten a few of the old Rayburns up and running for local racers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    If your going to run Oakshade, the thing to do is talk to Rusty Schlenk about the Rayburn. He is not far from Oakshade and has gotten a few of the old Rayburns up and running for local racers.
    That is a good suggestion, considering his location.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Of course if you bought the Mastersbilt MastersbiltRacer gives great advice and set-up help.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Thanks guys. I went and checked both cars out tonight. The masters has the s7 front end already, but the Rayburn appears to be in better shape and better taken care of. After a chat with rusty the Rayburn is too old for the new front end. Leaning toward the Rayburn just because it is in better shape but I've got a week to make my mind up so week see. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by langdonracing48 View Post
    Thanks guys. I went and checked both cars out tonight. The masters has the s7 front end already, but the Rayburn appears to be in better shape and better taken care of. After a chat with rusty the Rayburn is too old for the new front end. Leaning toward the Rayburn just because it is in better shape but I've got a week to make my mind up so week see. Lol
    Keep looking. I feel like guys cant hardly give away older late models now days.