Default Sprint and Midget cars

Just 4 weeks away
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wayne Davis; 01-23-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Wayne, your attachment won't load.

CIRF, what class has the best racing at Bubba? USAC sprints or midgets!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    CIRF, what class has the best racing at Bubba? USAC sprints or midgets!
    Well, the only time we've ever seen midgets at Bubba was last year when the POWRi National Midgets were there. This February will be the first time ever that the USAC National Midgets have been at Bubba so there is no past history to reference. I've attended every USAC National Sprint Car event at Bubba and I think the sprint cars put on the best show. At least they put on a better show than the POWRi National Midget guys did last year. That's not to say the POWRi guys put on a bad show it's just that the USAC Sprints were better IMHO. That could turn out to be different this year. However, if I could only attend one or the other I'd go with the USAC National Sprint Cars. But, that would only be because I know what kind of show they traditionally put on at BRP.

Let me know if you decide to attend either the USAC Midgets and/or Sprint Cars. I'll be at all 5 USAC events, both midgets and sprint cars. Maybe we can get together. If we do I'll buy you a beer!

Welllllll..........at the last minute I decided to go fri nite and watch the sprint cars at BRP.

As you know, the track prep for the feature was horrendous. The one groove tire eater made for a boring race. Hopefully, the track learned a lesson and will fix their mistakes. We walked out after the last caution!

Do the mod lites always wreck that much?......Geez!

I'll be back next year and hope for better conditions!

ps....I survived by watching the races at Volusia on my phone! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Welllllll..........at the last minute I decided to go fri nite and watch the sprint cars at BRP.

As you know, the track prep for the feature was horrendous. The one groove tire eater made for a boring race. Hopefully, the track learned a lesson and will fix their mistakes. We walked out after the last caution!

Do the mod lites always wreck that much?......Geez!

I'll be back next year and hope for better conditions!

ps....I survived by watching the races at Volusia on my phone! lol
    Friday night was the worst, ZERO. Luck of the draw. Thursday night was a hell of a good show and tonight wasn't too bad, either. Friday night was a really bad deal, for sure. Sorry you picked the clunker.

Yes, the mod lites are a huge pain in the ass. They used to have wingless mini sprints as a support class and they did a pretty good job. I really hope they rethink the whole mod lites thing. It's kind of a shame because cars from all over the country show up at Bubba. Arizona, Texas, Iowa and even Canada. I can't believe they spin and wreck at all of their events like they do at Bubba.

Wish you'd have let me know you were at Bubba Friday night. I woulda' bought you a beer to drown our sorrows over the track being crap. Maybe next year. Don't give up on the USAC deal. I've been going to Bubba since the first time the USAC Sprints were there and I've only seen a couple of snoozer's there.

Windom put on a hell of a show Thursday night!! If there is a highlight video on YouTube give it a look see. The A-main was a good one.